DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    New Years Nationals At Bradenton
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Years Nationals At Bradenton
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of 60 falcon
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bucky:
Trying to get my head around the time required to finish this race and how folks can get any rest. Even staff.[/QUOTE

11 pm curfew also

sammy mathis

Posts: 67 | Location: iowa park, texas | Registered: October 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
Curfew isn't the problem, dew point is. They're one oil down away from the double O shirt show.

Posts: 1496 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Rockingham Dragway had simular issue last year..... Rockingham Dragway
·
MEMORIAL SUNDAY AND MONDAY RACES COMBINED AT THE ROCK
Today's Memorial Weekend Bracket race at Rockingham Dragway will be combined with the Monday race, eliminating new entries for Monday only.
Monday's winner, runner-up and semifinalist payouts will be added to the Sunday purse, paying $12,500 to the Top ET winner; $2,000 to the Footbrake/No Box winner and the Jr. Dragster winner will take home $1,250.
There will be no buy backs in any class.
The event attracted an incredible 712 entries for the 22nd annual event, making the three-day race impossible to complete in a timely manner.

Posts: 262 | Location: Fayetteville | Registered: May 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Think they can get Thursday's race finished on Saturday ? Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Quote from Rockingham........ Rockingham Dragway
707 entries first round. Takes 6 hours to run that round, if there are no oil downs or other delays. If we had allowed buy backs, it would have been 12 hours just to get through two rounds. Been an amazing weekend.... They didn't complete two full races....

Posts: 262 | Location: Fayetteville | Registered: May 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I'm almost glad we missed this race, If you lost 1st rd on Thurs and did'nt buyback you had along time to do nothing and then for obvious reasons they combine 2 races and still will finish on Sunday....

Posts: 612 | Location: nw ohio | Registered: November 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I tried to post. Won first round at 11am. It is 7:20 now and still have dragsters and Jrs to run reentry. Red and 001 behind Thur race. Finished that this morning. I think 708 first round from everywhere.

Posts: 6230 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fer,
I hope you have plenty to eat.
I saw your round this morning. Finchum did a good job. It's going to be a long day and another long one tomorrow. I realize the track and promoters need the money from buy backs but it sure does slow things down. That's a lot of jrs to run. Matter of fact it's a lot of every thing to run. Only good thing I see is the purse doubles when this happens. Smebody will be very happy. Good luck to you guys. I'll probably be watching some more tomorrow.
Y'all have a gooden.

Posts: 4821 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I think we were done around 2. Me and hot rod Finchum go way back. His 10 year old boy won more money on the practice than we did with the car. I am staying here tonight, Jeff Stewart staying also. Snowing up the road

Posts: 6230 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Do you guys sit around after the races and sip some kentucky bourbon and remanence?

Posts: 4821 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
So did they get this race done?

Posts: 2482 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd Staggs:
Do you guys sit around after the races and sip some kentucky bourbon and remanence?

Heck if I need a race as an excuse to sip cheap bourbon and reminisce. Big Grin Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of tommy d
posted Hide Post
They combined the fri/sat races and doubled the purse. Juniors raced for $4000.00.

Posts: 30 | Location: Indiana | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of muggs
posted Hide Post
They adapted fine. Fog hurt track run time, combined race 2 and 3 and finished Sunday. Most I have talked with were happy with outcome. Looking forward to next year.

I am 80 miles away and was within a couple hours of leaving when got call to hospital. Car/RV sitting there ready for next Saturday 2022 season opener at Immokalee.

Great job by Rob Reynolds and BMP staff getting race done. We will be there next year.

May 2022 be a great year for all.

Posts: 3087 | Location: Florida | Registered: February 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
How late did the racing go each day?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6426 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
After battling dew and fog over the first two days of the RT Promotions 7th Annual New Year Nationals at Bradenton Motorsports Park, winners have been crowned in GRE Signs Thursday racing action.
708 entries were whittled down to three pairs for the final rounds in the Box, No Box and Junior Dragster classes.

The Box final would feature the Camaro of local racer Travis Logan against the roadster of Jason McCandless, and both racers were knocking down .00 reaction times in route to the final round. Logan got the better reaction time, but a break out pass from Logan turned on the win light for McCandless.

Lucas Walker, a veteran in Footbrake competition, took his wheel standing ‘65 Mustang to the No Box win over Maverick Palmatier’s S-10 pick up in a final round decided by less than one thousandth of-a-second, as both racers put up 23-thousandth packages.

The Junior Dragster final pitted Matthew Peterson opposite Aaron Kinsey, and a red light from Peterson gave the automatic win light to Kinsey.
The combined Space Coast Speed and Custom / Right Trailers Lakeland Saturday race is already underway, and will be paying:

$20,000 to win in the Box class
$20,000 to win in No Box class
$4,000 to win in Junior Dragster

Posts: 2120 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
A partly cloudy Sunday afternoon played host to the overtime rounds of drag racing from a record attendance at the RT Promotions 7th Annual New Year Nationals, held at Bradenton Motorsports Park.
After the initial GRE Signs Thursday race took longer than expected to complete, the decision was made to combine the Space Coast Speed and Custom Friday and Right Trailers Saturday races into one, doubling the payout.

637 combined entries staged up in round one of Box, No Box and Junior Dragster classes Saturday afternoon, and just over 24 hours later, champions were crowned.

After a roadster versus door car Box final in the first race of the event, it seemed only fitting that two dragsters would match up to determine a $20,000 dollar winner on Sunday.

Tyler Bohannon, who claimed the Great American Guaranteed Million race win in 2021, would stage opposite Florida’s own Donovan Williams, a former New Year Nationals winner. Williams took the .008 to .016 reaction time advantage, but broke out by eight thousandths of-a-second, while Bohannon laid down a dial-in-matching 4.70 pass. This marked the second-straight New Year Nationals win for the JP Schuster-owned dragster, as Mike Matty Jr. claimed victory in it at last year’s event.

The No Box final featured a Kentucky versus Florida battle, as Laine Blackburn and his ‘63 Nova was pitted against home state racer Troy Stafford. Stafford, who advanced two entries to the semifinal round in the Bouldry Racing S-10, did the deed in the final with an 18-thousandths package to make Blackburn’s .033 reaction time ineligible, netting Stafford a $20,000 payday.

Staging in the final round of Junior Dragster for a $4,000 winner check would be Jaylee Soucy and Hayden Land. Jaylee had the reaction time advantage, and she combined it with a .02-over 7.95 on a 7.93 dial for the holeshot win over Land’s dead-on-the-dial 7.90 pass.

Posts: 2120 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of muggs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
How late did the racing go each day?

First day was pretty early as it rolled in here (central FL) about same time. That was after late start with early morning fog. There are pics on FB of how bad fog was.

They adapted to it great. We looking forward to next year.

Posts: 3087 | Location: Florida | Registered: February 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I reviewed the Thursday live stream because I was curious about the time it took each category...
  • 1.5 hours (roughly) for no box
  • 1.5 hours(roughly) for door cars
  • 1.5 hours(roughly) for dragsters
  • 3 hours for Jr's

At what point do you decide that maybe you should eliminate Jr's from the event lineup on the remaining days?

I guess you could also speed them up by having the Jr parents not mess with the cars so much on the starting line.
  •  
    Posts: 24 | Location: Indianapolis  | Registered: March 31, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    DRR Sportsman
    Picture of Todd Barton
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Vince Kaiser:
    I reviewed the Thursday live stream because I was curious about the time it took each category...
  • 1.5 hours (roughly) for no box
  • 1.5 hours(roughly) for door cars
  • 1.5 hours(roughly) for dragsters
  • 3 hours for Jr's

At what point do you decide that maybe you should eliminate Jr's from the event lineup on the remaining days?

I guess you could also speed them up by having the Jr parents not mess with the cars so much on the starting line.

• I won't argue that the JR's need to pick up the pace and not waste as much time. But, you're suggesting that after the first event, the JR racers should have been told they were done for the weekend and to go home? You realize some of these families traveled just as far as the big car racers, right? I guess this is a good idea if you want to start a riot.

Posts: 381 | Location: Gray, TN | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post