DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Terry McMillian loses Sponsor
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Terry McMillian loses Sponsor
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Just to trigger you and the rest of the clueless NahNahTounge and it’s worked. Laughing very hard

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
You never fail to impress everyone with your ignorance and arrogance. Have you always been this miserable or did your childhood do it to you?

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Floyd, stupidity at its best is Ed

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I like Terry McMillian, I think he is basically a low budget racer like Tim Wilkerson and and I always like and root for the underdog.

I hope he gets a good sponsor soon and when economy comes back Amalie comes back on board for him to make it even better.

I still say they should try to do something to make it cheaper to race the Pro classes. Now what that would be I think should be up to the racers to decide. They are making enough horsepower to blow tires off at 300 MPH with a wing that puts huge downforce so power is not the issue. So there is room to cut horsepower (parts attrition) with out slowing ET much if any.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4002 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Drunk old senile fool NDMF, what part of truth and the facts don't you like? Is it that no serious bracket, no class racer nor professional sportsman engine builder uses Amalie or is it that he lost his sponsorship because he has 2 wins in 19 years?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
I like Terry McMillian, I think he is basically a low budget racer like Tim Wilkerson and and I always like and root for the underdog.

I hope he gets a good sponsor soon and when economy comes back Amalie comes back on board for him to make it even better.

I still say they should try to do something to make it cheaper to race the Pro classes. Now what that would be I think should be up to the racers to decide. They are making enough horsepower to blow tires off at 300 MPH with a wing that puts huge downforce so power is not the issue. So there is room to cut horsepower (parts attrition) with out slowing ET much if any.

I agree! Garlits said long ago; one pump, one mag and let’s race. Now I don’t know if that’s doable now but maybe?

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4491 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
I think Ed got weened off his mommas boob before he was ready.

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Or he got confused with the family dog

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
I think I touched a nerve. Laughing very hard

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
https://dragillustrated.com/ri...RoHySzvzy2oEfXVO2Z-8

Richard Freeman is absolutely right here. What a joke.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4002 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Floyd Staggs
DRR S/Pro

posted October 11, 2020 06:09 PM Hide Post
I think I touched a nerve.

Old Guys Rule
V787 Sst787
https://www.thefoat.com/Ososik...jnkQG5aVrmV3A%3D%3D/

Posts: 3990 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006

First: To say that Mcmillin didn't deserve funding because he isn't a top tier racer kinda misses the point that he had a sponsor that also was not top tier. You are always going to have a spectrum of highly funded down to bare bones funded teams with related competitiveness. We need the cars that are less funded if we are to have any kind of a field.

Second, with all due respect to Richard, he's trying to squeeze blood from a turnip. NHRA is suffering like all other fan based businesses. They aren't getting the fan numbers and can't. Where are they to get the money for the payouts? Should they be squeezing and cutting? Of course and I am critical of them for not doing that. But Richard is crying over penny's when it costs dollars to run a race team. Everybody has to tighten up including the race teams. Lots of businesses in this country have gone under. And according to Richard the reason race teams are suffering is because of NHRA? The situation sucks for all. Let's not turn on our own at the first sign of bad times.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6395 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
The article of Richards was very well written.

Unless my calculator is deceiving me, it looks like last years Pro Stock Championship purse was cut roughly 25% from previous years and this years purse is down 90% from the 250K they were paying a very short time ago.

Any orgianization that has to drop a championship purse by 90% in a very short time is not in a good position.

The start of all of this was when the bean counters and non racers started filling the offices in Glendora a couple decades ago. This was the first signs that I saw of bad times ahead for NHRA.

There has been lots written over the years about the lack of support for the Sportsman racers from NHRA, now that same lack of support seems to have reached deep enough into the PRO ranks that it is causing concerns with some of the major teams.

Posts: 457 | Location: coquille,or | Registered: November 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Freeman and his teams will show up at every national event again in 2021 regardless of the payout along with all of the rest of multi millionaires that play in the NHRA traveling circus.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
You are wrong Ed. Stay tuned...

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4491 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Joe Burkleo:

The start of all of this was when the bean counters and non racers started filling the offices in Glendora a couple decades ago. This was the first signs that I saw of bad times ahead for NHRA

Agree 100%

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3096 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Freeman and his teams will show up at every national event again in 2021 regardless of the payout along with all of the rest of multi millionaires that play in the NHRA traveling circus.

Yep

Mike

Posts: 1562 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I can see Freeman and several other Pro Stock Teams forming their own Tour, possibly accompanied by a few other Pro Teams, and I don't mean just Pro Stock. I'm not saying it WILL happen only that they could. The draw at NHRA events isn't the same, regardless of the Covid negative impact. The wheels are coming off the cart.

There's an age old saying:
Everything comes to pass, NOTHING comes to stay.

Either the NHRA is going to straighten their Series out or it isn't going to survive, regardless of what you may think they are not exempt, NOTHING is.

Bob

Posts: 3081 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Richard and Team Freeman are not followers, They are successful businessmen. They will do what’s best for the team and racers but make no mistake -they will not go backwards. They are not the only Team in this position. Like I said; stay tuned..

Raceless in California!

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Nah, I ain't buying it. If they were still racing for money WJ, Prudhomme, Garlits, Muldowney etc etc ... any drag racing legend you can think of, would have a car in every race. Even if they didn't drive the car.

They're not racing for money.

Now I can see em being pissed about the money for bringing new skin in the game. It gets boring beating up on the same people year after year after year.

These tracks are all racing under NHRA insurance. Start your own deal it'll pay less to win, without the NHRA insurance rate.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post