DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Terry McMillian loses Sponsor
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Terry McMillian loses Sponsor
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Don Higgins Crew Chief Pro Software
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by I.P. Dailey:
Once again, Ed show that he is a leading candidate for idiot of the year

I don't know who Ed is, but your post is 100% right. What a tool.

Crew Chief Pro 7.980. It is not an evolution in Crew Chief Software, it is a Revolution in Crew Chief Software
Drag Racing Software and Professional Weather Stations(309) 688-2990

Visit us on the web at http://www.crewchiefpro.com

Are you a Producer or a Parasite?

Author of the book, "But Who Will Save The Children."

Posts: 1381 | Location: Bartonville Illinois | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
This explains the reset they call covid, completely. Oil is no longer the capable backer of the worlds currency.

The race is to AI / technology - microchip logic.

Sponsorship's are tax shelters.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Mike I agree on being tax shelters and ways to burn cash and deduct it because you enjoy it as part of your corporate entertainment/advertising.
It will be difficult to get sponsors with the extremely poor TV ratings and races that seem to be a clone of the last race.
I am sure advertising money will be tighter and the people who want the sponsor money will have to have a great "cost per thousand views". Will be interesting if only 8 fuel cars show up to kick off 2021 in Gainesville.

www.trailertoad.com designed by racers for racers.

Posts: 1218 | Location: Janesville, IA | Registered: December 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
TV is hardly the only or top reason sponsor a team

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Toad1:
Mike I agree on being tax shelters and ways to burn cash and deduct it because you enjoy it as part of your corporate entertainment/advertising.
It will be difficult to get sponsors with the extremely poor TV ratings and races that seem to be a clone of the last race.
I am sure advertising money will be tighter and the people who want the sponsor money will have to have a great "cost per thousand views". Will be interesting if only 8 fuel cars show up to kick off 2021 in Gainesville.

Multi-year multi-million dollar sponsorship are just that, tax shelters, indeed. Amalie made it quite clear why they and McMillian mutually decided it was the end of the road for now. I thought McMillian showed a lot loyalty to Amalie as they've showed him during the good times.

Now at the local level you might get a little help here and there as I did with tires, parts WD pricing, racer discounts etc etc, I think situations like that you get help because you've shown promise and people from time to time give you a little help, just because they want to and not as a business decision.

Obviously McMillian is a class act and completely showed his appreciation for their sponsorship, by being onboard with the position Amalie are in, and the decision to pull the plug.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Terry who?

Further, they’re wasting their $. I’ve been racing for 3 decades and I don’t know one racer nor engine builder that uses Amalie oil.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I use it.

When everything is coming your way, your probably in the wrong lane.

Posts: 1012 | Location: Between a Rock and a Hard Spot, USA | Registered: December 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Scarth:
I use it.

Ed is a total ******* and should be blocked fro this site. He spouts nonsense and hate with no back up.

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
If you know your oil then you know who they use for base stocks. Amalie has great oil. They blend oil for a number of big names.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4491 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Once again, Ed proves he is a idiot

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stk 758 BP!:
If you know your oil then you know who they use for base stocks. Amalie has great oil. They blend oil for a number of big names.

So Racers may be using Amalie oil and not know it.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4005 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
quote:

Could be. HMMMM I know they blend for Carquest, Walmart and others. I am fortunate enough to have friends in blending of fuels and oils. Very interesting !
Wolfs Head is another brand they sell..

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4491 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
We did have a conversation with Charlie regarding a West Cost Amalie distributor but it did not work out.

Raceless in California!

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Ain’t nobody using that junk oil.

Again terry who?

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
exactly, Terry who? McMillian lost his sponsor because he had 2 wins in 19 years. Period, simple!

how is your personal record ED?

Posts: 79 | Location: myrtle point ore | Registered: April 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Ed=stupidity at the top of list

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
quote:

Could be. HMMMM I know they blend for Carquest, Walmart and others. I am fortunate enough to have friends in blending of fuels and oils. Very interesting !
Wolfs Head is another brand they sell..

I have been using Wolf's Head in customer cars for almost 20 years now.....

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3097 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Bender, against Ed advice? How could you!

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
BlahBlah Yea like any serious bracket or class racer is using car quest, Walmart and wolfs head oil in their engines. Roll Eyes

Ain’t nobody using that junk oil.

Again terry who?

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
What is your point, Ed? Obviously you don't follow professional drag racing so why are you continuing to trash McMillan?

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post