DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Tree Sensing Devices - The New Hot Topic
Page 1 ... 27 28 29 30
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tree Sensing Devices - The New Hot Topic
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Goob:
So here we are, shifted off topic.
I don't care about any ignitions and accessories, EVERYONE has a car that will run dead on,

Some run the same ET whether in the mountains or at sea level in any weather conditions.

Only time their ET changes is when they make a solo run and go out .20, lol.

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 781 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Goob:
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
TTT, LOL!

2BKING
Relaxing

quote:
Originally posted by DragRaceResults:
I'll just leave this right here.

I still fail to see any significance to this.

Left lane tightened the stripe as much as possible without flat spotting the tires, the right lane knew he was screwed, no matter what, and ran it out the back.

Until Scott can divulge the information that would make it make sense , it means nothing.
I've seen stuff like this happen on a weekly basis, from the announcer's deck, and in the book of screwed up runs, this ain't nothing.

I've watched an experienced S/P racer stage with his back tires, and the equally experienced S/P racer in the other lane, go red to him. Laughing Hard

Goob,

IMO, you're reading too much into that infamous time slip!

I've read SL's post(s) on the subject & he's has been pretty vague on his wording, as he should be!

I have my speculation on the slip in question but to me it doesn't matter. Nor it doesn't matter to me who did it, how they did it or trying to catch them.

All that matters to me is the timing equipment manufacturer(s) countermeasure(s) to work on the cheater(s) attempting to successfully sense the tree. DRR, posted this on page 3 of this thread: "It’s my belief detection will not be possible but prevention will."

PREVENTION

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2721 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
Chat GPT picked a photo diode that won't "see" Yellow.
Spec wavelength is 900nm

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1799 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
The diodes exist, the technology exists. Cars can now see traffic light changes and stop and go on their own.

Are racers using it? I don’t have a clue. Is it even beneficial to use? I don’t have a clue there either. I would assume the system would have so many potential flaws in the sport we do, that it wouldn’t be worth it, but I’m not an electronics expert either.

Is it “possible” to make the device… yes

Posts: 851 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Byron Dragway uses CompuLink and had Brockmeyer install the “Defender” system this year to prevent tree reading abilities.

Posts: 2633 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
Byron Dragway uses CompuLink and had Brockmeyer install the “Defender” system this year to prevent tree reading abilities.
So what was the result? Did a bunch of racers instantly become non competitive? Did 1 racer become become lost?

Posts: 114 | Location: NY | Registered: April 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^ Same racers still winning. Racer that won the $160k three yrs ago and $80k this year was 009 dead 0 against me last time out in the box class. He won the event that day as well.

Posts: 2633 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Just another expense for the track owner. Buy the latest "must have" electronic addon to fix a problem that doesn't exist.
There are a hundred ways to make it work but to make it invisible in a race car would be very difficult if not impossible.
I would bet Brockmeyer was quite happy to sell a Defender addon to defeat a product that isn't even available on the Dark Web.
I having been hearing about these things since the day after the 1st trans brake was sold.

Posts: 114 | Location: NY | Registered: April 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post