New
Find
Notify
Tools

Barak Obama
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
And I'm not void of good information....I just choose to get mine from someplace other than Fox News and Rush Limbaugh!

Please Republicans...Run the quitter in 2012...Quit-ter...Quit-ter..Quit-ter!

Posts: 2275 | Location: gate city, va usa | Registered: February 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Jeremy J.>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by announcer:
And I'm not void of good information....I just choose to get mine from someplace other than Fox News and Rush Limbaugh!

Doesn't matter. If you don't get down on your knees for Bush you're just another tree-hugging, Olbermann loving, CNN brainwashed, hippie duped boob. Your own personal views mean nothing.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
My mind is open to LOGICAL things...that make sense to me...not what I'm spoon fed by some hack on the radio for three hours a day that has his sole interest in you wrapped up in keeping him on the air...and keeping you guys stirred up enough to listen to the same crap tomorrow that you heard today..

Posts: 2275 | Location: gate city, va usa | Registered: February 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I formulate my own beliefs based on what I learn, what I believe from those sources, what is proven to be true...and in the end an educated gut feeling.

I don't need my programers to feed me information.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
That's why I write off Koski as a raging lunatic...I used to read his stuff and occasionally research what he said...but I found out that 95% of the time he's full of crap...so I don't dwell on much he says....Now Greg and English...I pay attention to because I feel there is somewhat of an individual left in both of those guys and I can learn something every now and then. But Koski...he's lost to the expansion between his ears!

DRR Pro
Picture of muggs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy J.:
quote:
Originally posted by muggs:

Actually that is correct. But the trends are not looking good, more taxes, more debt, reality sinking in..... No No

So that 'it is way too early for a statement like this' only applies when criticism is directed away from him and towards Bush right? When the criticism is directed towards him then time means nothing. Got it. Thanks for setting me straight.

You infer there is a double standard. Actually open, direct discussion either positive or negative on immediate concerns is much different than a seemingly "Final Verdict" statement.

To say Bush "screwed up everything" is not much different at all from "Obama is 10 times better than Bush" both are "Final Verdict" type statements without complete substance.

Bush, due to many issues has been berated plenty, I don't because his time is done. I'll wait and see what shows up in next few years to decide whether or not he was a good President in my opinion.

Where do you actually stand on these issues? Are you just going to sit back and cry foul all the time or take a stand based on belief/experience?

Do you think Bush was a dolt? Why? Do you think Obama is a dolt? Why? Do you think it unfair to tend to have early opinions based on early results/tendancies?

From what I have learned, the absolute primary goal of any president is the protection of the United States. Ecomony, social programs and such do have an impact on this to varied degrees but the first job is protecting the U.S.

What do you think? What were you taught? Is there any conflict between what you think and what you were taught. Roll Eyes

Posts: 3079 | Location: Florida | Registered: February 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of muggs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy J.:
quote:

Doesn't matter. If you don't get down on your knees for Bush you're just another tree-hugging, Olbermann loving, CNN brainwashed, hippie duped boob. Your own personal views mean nothing.

Rolling

Posts: 3079 | Location: Florida | Registered: February 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of muggs
posted Hide Post
quote:
That's why I write off Koski as a raging lunatic...I used to read his stuff and occasionally research what he said...but I found out that 95% of the time he's full of crap...so I don't dwell on much he says....Now Greg and English...I pay attention to because I feel there is somewhat of an individual left in both of those guys and I can learn something every now and then. But Koski...he's lost to the expansion between his ears!

I'll use JJ spin: Greg and English are somewhat human? Can you be a little pregnant? Koski is a write off? Do you mean he is fully depreciated?

Is this proper "Liberal" vernacular?

<Jeremy J.>
posted
quote:

You infer there is a double standard. Actually open, direct discussion either positive or negative on immediate concerns is much different than a seemingly "Final Verdict" statement.

There is hardly any open, direct discussion on here any more. I know I haven't helped the situation any, but I tried to in the past and got me no where. So why waste my time anymore? I never said it was a double standard, I just thought it was funny that the first time a right winger brings up that it is too early to tell what Obama's policies will do to this country was when it was in reference to a comparison to Bush.

quote:

To say Bush "screwed up everything" is not much different at all from "Obama is 10 times better than Bush" both are "Final Verdict" type
statements without complete substance.

Fair enough.
quote:

Bush, due to many issues has been berated plenty, I don't because his time is done. I'll wait and see what shows up in next few years to decide whether or not he was a good President in my opinion.
Muggs, the fact that you forget about Bush's past and refrain from judging Obama's performance until the time is right makes you an endangered species on DRR.

quote:

Where do you actually stand on these issues? Are you just going to sit back and cry foul all the time or take a stand based on belief/experience?

Be more specific. There are hundreds of issues and I would be glad to share my views on them with you. As far as sitting back and crying foul, refer back to my statement about wasting my time.

quote:

Do you think Bush was a dolt? Why? Do you think Obama is a dolt? Why? Do you think it unfair to tend to have early opinions based on early results/tendancies?

Are you talking about in general, or as politicians? Yes, I think it is unfair to judge this soon into his first term. People say look back at history. Well, times are different. This is a serious economical situation the wh0le planet is dealing with, and this is the first time it's been this serious since mass globalization has occurred. History won't tell you anything about a global market in a borderline depression.

quote:

From what I have learned, the absolute primary goal of any president is the protection of the United States. Ecomony, social programs and such do have an impact on this to varied degrees but the first job is protecting the U.S.

What do you think? What were you taught? Is there any conflict between what you think and what you were taught. Roll Eyes

I agree with your perspective on the presidents job. But with the bickering, name-calling and partisan criticism running rampant throughout congress, nothing will ever get accomplished unless Obama steps up. Are his plans right or wrong? I don't know yet, and neither does anybody else. Repairing an economy in this state does not happen overnight. There is no conflict in what I think and what I was taught. In fact, I was never taught much about politics. I learned about it through my own research and interest.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I was taught by my father to play music, and to be fair with people, to tell the truth and most of the education I hold dearest.

Duke University taught me quite a few things.

The Marine Corps taught me a lot.

But the institution that has taught me the most is Life itself for the past 58 years.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
I formulate my own beliefs based on what I learn, what I believe from those sources, what is proven to be true...and in the end an educated gut feeling.

I don't need my programers to feed me information.
So do you believe in the Constitution or not!?!?

BTW... I agree completely with the flat/fair tax!!

And if you and Jeremy think I get my views from Rush or Fox News then you are more close minded than I thought. I never listen to Rush and only watch Fox sporadically.

Greg Stanley
Off the grid and off my rocker!

Posts: 6229 | Location: Walnut Creek, CA | Registered: April 11, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by muggs: Where do you actually stand on these issues? Are you just going to sit back and cry foul all the time or take a stand based on belief/experience?
I've tried to get Jeremy to stand on a point other than his support for Ron Paul without success.

He says he supports the platform of Ron Paul but in the same breath attacks those of us who oppose Obama's actions/policies... seems rather contradictory to me!?!?

Greg Stanley

Posts: 6229 | Location: Walnut Creek, CA | Registered: April 11, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy J.: ... nothing will ever get accomplished unless Obama steps up. Are his plans right or wrong? I don't know yet, and neither does anybody else.
Bullshiite... anyone that believes in the Constitution knows his plans are WRONG!!

Greg Stanley

DRR All Star
posted Hide Post
What does the Constitution say about attacking another country who was NO threat to the United States and had NO wmd's as reported by the CIA and a country that had NO ties to Al Quada?

It appears 43 is dumber than a box of rocks and Obama is 10 times smarter than any good day of bush's.

Even a rocket scientist could figure that one out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 10253 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: December 09, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I believe in the Constitution as an outstanding Document that was penned masterfully by our fore fathers...who also had no clue as to where this country would be in 2009. I believe the Constitution is a document that in the late 1700s was a state-of-the-art vessel to lead this country to it's founding and it's freedom. But I also believe that those same brilliant sculptors had enough common sense to know that this document would need to be interpreted and amended according to the times to come...that in it's original form would never be able to apply in the days to come.

So yes I believe in it...but I also believe those great men KNEW they were laying a foundation for a country that would have to be applied by the times and no stay stagnant in it's original form.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
don't take it out on me!

You were the one that said he wasnt going to post anymore.

Did the Sabres even get to play in May?????

L8R, Mike

Posts: 12289 | Location: Murrieta, Calif | Registered: August 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
nothing will ever get accomplished

That would be wonderful. It wont cost anything like it is now.

L8R, Mike

Posts: 12289 | Location: Murrieta, Calif | Registered: August 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Jeremy J.>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by stanman:
quote:
Originally posted by muggs: Where do you actually stand on these issues? Are you just going to sit back and cry foul all the time or take a stand based on belief/experience?
I've tried to get Jeremy to stand on a point other than his support for Ron Paul without success.

He says he supports the platform of Ron Paul but in the same breath attacks those of us who oppose Obama's actions/policies... seems rather contradictory to me!?!?

Greg, put down the label maker and read what I have to say once in a while. Criticizing those who stand for everything Bush did IS NOT the same as supporting the opposing side. Like I said to Muggs, feel free to ask. I've got nothing to hide. Just because I don't criticize Obama like you guys do does not mean I support him or oppose him. Kinda like how a certain few of you say that you are true conservatives yet you never have a bad thing to say about Bush even though you call him a liberal. Go ahead, ask me anything.

<Jeremy J.>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by Mike English:

Did the Sabres even get to play in May?????

Golf? Yeah, lots of it! Big Grin

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just because I don't criticize Obama like you guys do does not mean I support him

But it does imply that you agree with him.

Now you and I voted for the same person but I dont understand why you seem to kinda stand up for Washington. Its run by a bunch if idiot who cant this country no matter what some people on this board think. They are interested in one thing, POWER AND MONEY!

L8R, Mike