DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Politics and more Politics    Destroying the Church of Global Warming
Page 1 ... 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 ... 207
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Destroying the Church of Global Warming
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Wow...Ya' gotta give little Larry credit...he's like the little train, I think I can, I think I can... Rolling Rolling

Jerry Mock

Posts: 2001 | Location: 2000 miles from the Village IDIOT and that's still to close! | Registered: September 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I also suppose many here think it’s also a scientific hoax that cigarettes cause cancer as well?

It is a vastly over blown hoax perpetrated by the we-can-never-get-enough liberals regarding second-hand smoke. While I concede there isn't 0 risk, if it were of a magnitude to be concerned about, none of my generation would still be alive. Our parents generation smoked like crazy. Control freaks that can never rest on pushing there agenda on others and restricting individual freedoms.
Let's be accurate here, cigarette smoking "can" cause cancer... and emphysema, and.....

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Koski:
EVERYTHING is connected to man-made global warming according to the HOAXERS!
Hot weather, freezing weather, tornadoes and the enormous number of hurricanes the HOAXERS predicted after New Orleans THAT NEVER HAPPENED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hot weather? Check!

2015 hottest year in the instrumental record. But this is just a hoax, right? Oh that's right, 20 of the hottest years on record occurred in the last 20 years.

Freezing weather? Check!

Coldest winter in the US in many years? Much bellyaching around here last winter (2014-2015) if I remember correctly? Despite a series of blizzards and record-breaking cold snaps in January and February, the winter of 2014-15 was warmer than average for the contiguous United States as a whole. It was 19th warmest in the instrumental record.

Tornadoes? Check!

The record is the 2011 Super Outbreak, which resulted in 355 tornadoes and 324 tornadic fatalities. 211 tornadoes in a single 24 hour period, including 11 EF 4’s and 4 EF 5’s. In 2013 largest storm, (destruction path) 2.6 miles wide and wind speeds of over 300 mph, highest ever recorded. I suppose these don’t count either?

Hurricanes/Typhoons? Check!

2013 typhoon Haiyan, one (2nd?) of the largest and strongest ever recorded in the pacific which was the 13th named storm of the season. It was the deadliest storm on record killing at least 6300 in the Philippines alone. And, while still on going, the 2015 typhoon season has racked up 17 named typhoons and 8 super typhoons and 26 tropical storms. I am sure these don’t count for some reason? Maybe they didn’t pass directly over the Oracle of Los Vegas’s house, who knows.

Yeah, nothing is happening at all, particularly in Billy’s head. Is that some kind of corollary of the “what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas thing? So I guess with Billy the corollary should be, "if it didn't happen in Vegas or Billy's head, it just never happened at all"? Yeah, that seems about right.

Billy I think maybe you should take a trip out to the Chicken Ranch and get your oil changed, might do you some good. God knows you’re so full of it, it seems to be affecting your mind. Not that there ever was too much there to begin with, at least as far as I’ve ever seen. Now come to think of it and considering just what you appear to be so full of, may be a good enema might help as much or more.

Later Larry

Sapere aude!

"Put some jam on the bottom shelf where the little man can reach it."

"The Truth", it's just another liberal conspiracy!

Posts: 1235 | Location: Port Charlotte, Florida | Registered: December 16, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR All Star
Picture of BD
posted Hide Post
More useless, un solicited bull shiot.

Posts: 8960 | Location: Cooper, Texas | Registered: June 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR All Star
Picture of BD
posted Hide Post
Like who gives a flying F.CK?

Posts: 8960 | Location: Cooper, Texas | Registered: June 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Pimple on a pigs a s s!!

L8R, Mike

Posts: 12287 | Location: Murrieta, Calif | Registered: August 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canted Valve:
quote:
I also suppose many here think it’s also a scientific hoax that cigarettes cause cancer as well?

It is a vastly over blown hoax perpetrated by the we-can-never-get-enough liberals regarding second-hand smoke. While I concede there isn't 0 risk, if it were of a magnitude to be concerned about, none of my generation would still be alive. Our parents generation smoked like crazy. Control freaks that can never rest on pushing there agenda on others and restricting individual freedoms.
Let's be accurate here, cigarette smoking "can" cause cancer... and emphysema, and.....

No wiggle room for using “can” here, it does cause cancer and emphysema and heart disease and vascular disease and a bunch more!

Smoking causes over 7000 deaths a year from cancer do to second hand smoking alone. Second hand smoke accounts for about 34,000 deaths a year from heart disease. As well, smoking causes about 480,000 deaths a year from the myriad of diseases known to be brought about by exposure to cigarette smoke, direct or indirect.

So let’s look at it this way, only 5% of people with lung cancer will live more than 5 years from first diagnosis. First year costs are about $68,000, last year costs are about $143,800 so figure about $15,000 a year increase until death or about $257,250 per lung cancer death. Or about $1.8 billion for second hand smoke alone for lung cancer. Is that a magnitude you would be concerned about? Now there are about 128,000 smoking caused lung cancer deaths a year total or roughly 33 Billion a year.

Shall we tote up the numbers for heart disease, for the 34000 second hand smoke caused deaths. Well there are about 800,000 heart disease deaths a year in the US, costing about 320 Billion dollars. About $40,000 per so about 1.4 billion for second hand smoke victims in this category. I should point out that is for the year of death, heart disease takes a bit longer than lung cancer to kill you, the numbers mount. So roughly 3.2 Billion for second hand smoke deaths from these two types of disease alone.

As to the canard that none of your generation would be alive if second hand smoke was a problem, that is bu11sh1t. Mostly kids and young adults don’t die of lung cancer, older adults do, about 10 years before they would normally otherwise die.

So this is my point. Tobacco companies lied their corporate asses off for years when their own scientists knew the effect their products were having long before it was publicly brought to light.

In the exact same way Oil corps’ are doing a bang up job of spreading disinformation about climate change as well. Should we start toting up costs for this one?

In 1982 Exxon’s own scientists produced projections that in 2015 we would have about 409 ppm of CO2 in the atmosphere and temps would be increased about 0.84 degrees centigrade. Guess what, as of October 2015 the measured value of CO2 is 401.58 ppm. Not too damn shabby a prediction for looking over 30 years into the future. The first 8 months of 2015 has an average increase of 0.87 degrees, again Exxon’s crystal ball was working pretty god damn well, off by just .03 degrees and 7.4 parts per million on a thirty year prediction, in my book, is god damned phenomenal.

http://insideclimatenews.org/s...emo%20%281979%29.pdf See chart 4 about ¾ of the way down.

http://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/dat...o_related_mortality/

http://costprojections.cancer.gov/annual.costs.html

Later Larry

Sapere aude!

Posts: 1235 | Location: Port Charlotte, Florida | Registered: December 16, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BD:
More useless, un solicited bull shiot.

You know BD it’s like this, many of you around here tend to sh1t on the carpet metaphorically speak, just like a little puppy dog, and just like when that little puppy dog sh1ts on the carpet, I’ll be right there to rub your noses in it, like it or not.

Later Larry

Sapere aude!

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike English:
Pimple on a pigs a s s!!

Which are you Mikey, the pimple or the pigs ars? I am betting you’re the pig’s ars and full of sh1t just like one as well I see.

Later Larry

Sapere aude!

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Koski:
The HOAXERS are leading "little man larry heathen" around like you'd lead a retarded puppy!!!!!

I see you are suffering from a spate of verbigeration again, maybe you need to see the Doc and get your dose of meds increased. Maybe you could get some extra and pass it to the guy hiding behind the palm tree in your front yard, seems he could use some as well.

Later Larry

Sapere aude!

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Wow...Now Little Larry is throwing big words around... Google must be working overtime today! Rolling

Jerry Mock

Posts: 2001 | Location: 2000 miles from the Village IDIOT and that's still to close! | Registered: September 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wow...Now Little Larry is throwing big words around...

Yes, it's his ploy to make himself feel superior. He just know were too dumb to make decisions for ourselves. Like the MIT obamacare professor... he wishes! He worships education and intellect, regardless of how misdirected, and hasn't left college yet (nor will he ever).

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR All Star
Picture of BD
posted Hide Post
I bet the neighborhood kids whipped old Larry's ass a bunch when he was growing up.

DRR All Star
posted Hide Post
Larry, your wasting your time on these clowns.

But keep posting the facts as they have NO facts to support their wacko thinking.

They have nothing but their own failures to fall back on.

Larry, biotch slapping 1 at a time.......

Smile Smile Smile

Posts: 10253 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: December 09, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR All Star
posted Hide Post
And to think NOT 1 fact that Larry provided could they prove false.

When you have NOTHING, they attack the messenger behind a computer.

No No Busted

Posts: 10253 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: December 09, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Troll and Little Man love fest

L8R, Mike

Posts: 12287 | Location: Murrieta, Calif | Registered: August 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bob H:
And to think NOT 1 fact that Larry provided could they prove false.

When you have NOTHING, they attack the messenger behind a computer.

No No Busted

Or is that you hiding behind your computer!! Busted Roll Eyes

Jerry Mock

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
More abstract conclusions and assumptions loosely and incorrectly supported by questionable data. There is no sense trying to argue, since there is a never ending supply of Kool Aid.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6405 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
The HOAXERS are leading "little man larry heathen" around like you'd lead a retarded puppy!!!!!!

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

Posts: 11005 | Location: LAS VEGAS. NEVADA, US of A | Registered: December 03, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Little Man and Troll just love to hear themselves talk..

L8R, Mike