Notify
Tools

Todays News
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bob H:
The stock market has set 35 all time high records this year alone.
Another year under a Democratic President.

You righties posting all the doom and gloom in your postings tells many that you are doing terrible like muck, who has lost his business and his Tonka truck.

All you can do is sit back and blame the Govt. for all your bad decisions, when the truth be known, you sukk off the Govt. like English and old man.

No No No No

The blue-chip average fell from a record high Tuesday as traders responded to a drop in small business-confidence and continued worrying about when the Fed will taper QE3.

Today's Markets

According to preliminary calculations, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 31.3 points, or 0.2%, to 15752, the S&P 500 dipped 4.2 points, or 0.23%, to 1768 and the Nasdaq Composite rose 0.13 point, or 0.00%, to 3920.

Small businesses are a key part of the American economy -- consistently creating jobs and output. The National Federation of Independent Business's measure of small business confidence slumped to 91.6 in October from 93.9 the month before, "largely due to a precipitous decline in hiring plans and expectations for future small-business conditions."

"Washington paralysis is never good news for the economy, so it was no surprise that while politicians were arguing over whether or not the government should remain fully operational, small-business optimism measures deteriorated," said NFIB chief economist Bill Dunkelberg, in the report.
Dow Pulls Away from Record Highs

Economic data has been all over the place in recent weeks, leaving investors to focus on the words of Federal Reserve policy makers for clues as to where the markets might be headed.

The problem is that, much like the recent economic data, individual Fed members often send contrasting messages. Consider speeches today from Dallas Fed President Richard Fisher, Minneapolis Fed President Narayana Kocherlakota and Atlanta Fed President Dennis Lockhart.
Markets Seek Clues from Fed Speakers

Augusta Warrior Project
Gpa

Posts: 8726 | Location: Blythe GA USA | Registered: January 31, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

Most of the more than 1,000 jihadists who have poured into Syria to fight alongside Al Qaeda carry passports from North America and Europe, raising the possibility that they could easily bring terror back to the west, according to a key lawmaker who receives regular briefings on the issue.

The prospect is especially chilling given that Al Qaeda-linked fighters in Syria seem determined to use the embattled nation as a haven from which to launch future attacks beyond the region, according to Rep. Mike Rogers, R-Mich., who chairs the House Intelligence Committee.

"The number now exceeds 1,000 western jihadists who have shown up, so they'll have passports, good passports, allows them to travel around Europe, maybe get to the United States," Rogers told Fox News. "That's concerning."

McCaul, who also receives regular briefings on the threat picture, said there is growing concern that the administration's policy of helping the rebels is essentially operating blind, without adequate assurances who the U.S. government is really providing aid to.

"I've talked to intelligence officials that are very concerned about who we are working with," McCaul said. "They're very dangerous actors, they kill Christians, they're very --- they're jihadists - and this alliance deeply disturbs me, that this administration has entered into.

"These jihadists historically have shown the propensity to blow back on us, particularly if we arm them, and they're trained over there, that, in my judgment, is one of the greatest threats to our security here in the homeland," he added.

Western-raised jihadists pouring into Syria
could threaten US in future

Augusta Warrior Project
Gpa

Posts: 8726 | Location: Blythe GA USA | Registered: January 31, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
RUSH has a new book out and it is on top of the best seller list IN ALL CATEGORIES!!!!!
O'Reilly's book is second, Krauthammer's is 3rd!!!!!
Where are the left-wing authors????????????????
Of course there are so many left-wing duped boob products from the government indoctrination centers, called schools sometimes, that can't read they are at a distinct disadvantage!!!!!

This is besides the fact that when one sees the left-wing drivel in print it comes across as what it is, utter bull shyt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

Posts: 11005 | Location: LAS VEGAS. NEVADA, US of A | Registered: December 03, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

quote:

You righties posting all the doom and gloom in your postings tells many that you are doing terrible like muck, who has lost his business and his Tonka truck.

All you can do is sit back and blame the Govt. for all your bad decisions, when the truth be known, you sukk off the Govt. like English and old man.

No No No No

Augusta Warrior Project
Gpa

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
BK, Exactly, not only did we pay business/income tax after I "retired" through our companies, I had my social security "cut" this year because we made to much money last year! I do not mind paying taxes as long as they're my "fair share!" When I started driving, I had my SS paid in full by August/September! Now we're still paying! What really pisses me off is, when we sell our truck next week, we will have to pay capitol gains tax AND my Social Security will get "hit" for anther year, next year until the middle of 2015!!!

Jerry Mock

Posts: 2001 | Location: 2000 miles from the Village IDIOT and that's still to close! | Registered: September 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
We sold commercial real estate a few years ago and the capital gains didn't affect SS, just wages do.
If your income goes up too much your medicare contribution will double though.
Are you dealing with SS or Senior Dimensions, Humana or?
We are with Senior Dimensions and don't have to abide any government drones.

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

Posts: 11005 | Location: LAS VEGAS. NEVADA, US of A | Registered: December 03, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I went with Senior Dimensions...My dad had them when he was alive and swore by them!!
You may be right about the capitol gains. I'm going to "stash" some $$$$ just in case though.

Jerry Mock

Posts: 2001 | Location: 2000 miles from the Village IDIOT and that's still to close! | Registered: September 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Old SG
posted Hide Post
Colo. man signs up for his insurance, his dog gets covered instead

FORT COLLINS, Colo. — The Colorado healthcare exchange has processed applications for thousands of people … and one dog.

Shane Smith, of Fort Collins, says his dog Baxter received a letter informing him that a health insurance account had been opened in his name through Connect for Health Colorado.

“I thought, ‘Wow, this is so awesome,’” Smith said with a laugh. “They have gone out of their way to insure my 14-year-old Yorkie.”

Smith had called Connect for Health Colorado to sign himself up for insurance because his old plan was cancelled due to Obamacare.

He’s not sure exactly how the confirmation letter went to his dog, but he says he thinks it’s because of a series of security questions a representative asked him over the phone.

“There was some kind of code or something, so I gave them my dog’s name,” Smith said. “They must have just put it in the wrong slot or something.”

Denny Johnson
I'd rather win than drive.
SG 559
TD 5595 2015 Mile High Champ
TD 559 2016 Mile High Champ
4.112 @ 174
6.372 @ 216 DA 8875

Posts: 492 | Location: Wheat Ridge, Co | Registered: November 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
The "navigator" was about as capable as the people that wrote the "destroy the best health care system in the history of mankind" debacle!!!!!

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

Several Western diplomats said there was a good chance U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry would join foreign ministers from the other five members of the six nation group in Geneva in another attempt to nail down a long elusive deal with Iran. One diplomat saw a "very high probability" of ministers coming.

But there was no guarantee an accord designed to start removing the risk of Iran developing a nuclear weapons capability - an intention it denies having - would be struck.

"Lots of progress was made last time, but considerable gaps remain, and we have to narrow the gaps," said a senior Western diplomat. "Some issues really need to be clarified. I sensed a real commitment ... from both sides. Will it happen? We will see. But, as always, the devil is in the details."
Iran trade barbs but ministers may come for nuclear deal

Augusta Warrior Project
Gpa

DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
The jihadist terrorists in Iran know what their committment is, get the cowardly lying, self-confessed war criminal gigolo and the queer, lying, half-breed illegal alien to lay down so Iran can go forward with it's stated mission, "DEATH TO ALL INFIDELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Now "Scary Reid" is in the senate trying to pass a bill to stop a filibuster with a simple majority instead of a 60 member vote!!
Anything to make it easier to "skate" the law of the land !!!!!!!!

Jerry Mock

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
This is VERY significant. You might even call it the fulfillment to fundamentally change America. That's right America You Ask for It, with a re-election. The senate going to a simple majority makes it just like the house, therefore fundamentally changing the constitution and checks and balances as intended by our founding fathers. It should be noted Congressman Hussein voted against and campaigned against this very thing, calling it a power gab by Bush. The horse is out of the barn and LONG gone.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
I remember dingy harry red-faced, screeching and foaming at the mouth when the Republicans threatened to do this when the FLEEBAGGERS were blocking WELL QUALIFIED nominees rather then the rabble rousing unqualified anti-American toads "totus" is naming now!!!!!

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

quote:

No No No No

Gpa

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

Obama pushes back against critics of Iran deal
WASHINGTON (AP) — Pushing back hard, President Barack Obama forcefully defended the temporary agreement to freeze Iran's disputed nuclear program on Monday, declaring that the United States "cannot close the door on diplomacy."

The president's remarks followed skepticism of the historic accord expressed by some U.S. allies abroad as well as by members of Congress at home, including fellow Democrats. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, one of the fiercest opponents of the six-month deal, called it a "historic mistake" and announced he would be dispatching a top envoy to Washington to try to toughen the final agreement negotiators will soon begin hammering out.

Obama, without naming names, swiped at those who have questioned the wisdom of engaging with Iran.

"Tough talk and bluster may be the easy thing to do politically, but it's not the right thing to do for our security," he said during an event in San Francisco.
The aides were not authorized to provide details

Confusion over nuclear deal as Iran protests White House statement
Despite the highly touted Iranian nuclear deal announced by the Obama administration over the weekend, the two sides still can't seem to agree on what it is they agreed to.

The aftermath of the deal struck early Sunday in Geneva has been marked by confusion. According to Iranian media, the country's Foreign Ministry is now claiming that the White House put out and AND SO IT BEGINS...

Augusta Warrior Project
Gpa

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Grandma / Gpa,

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grandma:

quote:

All you can do is sit back and blame the Govt. for all your bad decisions, when the truth be known, you sukk off the Govt. like English and old man.No No No No

Gpa

Yep Boob I lost my A$$ SOooo what do I do with this $41K check I just got in the mail, burn it?????? Rolling

Jerry Mock

DRR All Star
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jerry Mock:
quote:

quote:

All you can do is sit back and blame the Govt. for all your bad decisions, when the truth be known, you sukk off the Govt. like English and old man.No No No No

Gpa

Yep Boob I lost my A$$ SOooo what do I do with this $41K check I just got in the mail, burn it?????? Rolling

Like all your other posts, you are not believable in your bragging.

If its true, then I would expect you to give it to your better half who has been supporting and paying for your insurance needs.

Now you live off her and the Govt. and State.

Old men cannot drive a truck.
Too much liability.......

Posts: 10253 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: December 09, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Jerry Mock:
quote:

quote:

Gpa

Like all your other posts, you are not believable in your bragging.

If its true, then I would expect you to give it to your better half who has been supporting and paying for your insurance needs.

Now you live off her and the Govt. and State.

Old men cannot drive a truck.
Too much liability.......

I don't need to drive a truck when I can sit home and draw $1100 a week SS and pension after TAXES.... just think Boob sit on MY A$$ and make damn near twice as much as when I worked SITTING on MY A$$ Rolling Rolling Rolling
I don't call it bragging...I call it proof that your full of SHYTE just like you Messiah Rolling

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jerry Mock,

Jerry Mock

DRR All Star
posted Hide Post
quote:
I can gurantee we pay more income tax annually then RETARD #1 does!!!!!I paid the max to FICA and SS every year I was employed and they sat on my money for over 15 years before I began collecting PLUS the fact is we pay medicare premiums every single month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a joke you are.

You don't pay shiott compared all the money that taxpayers have paid to support your ass.

That GM pension check was what kept you above water for years.
Thank the UAW.........

Now you bash GM every chance you get.
Hypocrite!!!

If it wasn't for the State and Govt. you wouldn't have any income.

Mary has had to work and support your ass for years.

"I paid the max to FICA and SS every year I was employed."

Who doesn't do that? english..muck?????

Posts: 10253 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: December 09, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post