DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Quaker City Motorsports Park
Page 1 ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 ... 245
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quaker City Motorsports Park
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of COOK E
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by prest911:
PROGRAM MOVES WAY TO SLOW. sorry greg but facts are facts.this is my opinion.alot of changes going on and racers are the reason they are being done.because we are used to doing things the way we have always done.but i for 1 dont like the re-routing of cars into the lanes..but great job with the starting line..new starter is great in my book.. not worthy
yes it could a have been more fluid, smoother at times, but Im not going to complain either, figured its just part of the growing pains. the crew seemed to be busting there asses off, that with heat and alot of cars, i wont fault them. Figure by next year they will have things figured out. yes the staging lane was a bit of cluster, they need to have more than one sprayer at the line- running out of glue in the middle of prepping for 1st rd, little things like that hurt. But all in all, watched the crew at line/water box work together and communicated with each other as team.. kind of impressed still. Starting line seemed to stay in excellent shape for all the stick cars that were there...
Keep up the good work guys! up here in trp territory we might just kill to have that kind program...

Posts: 104 | Location: PAINESVILLE OH | Registered: June 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of XX78 Altered
posted Hide Post
I liked the new staging lane route. Keeps drivers TT honest, fair routeing of cars for elims. Not a big deal for me and I do think the staff is working very hard. Was a long day though. Almost 3 hours between Rd1-Rd2 time trials passes. BB round for Top was 11:15pm. Without UMTR cars probably would have been around 9:30pm. Blew tires off at launch, my helper said I was slightly out of groove on starting line. Lost RD 1 when I went red by .005, dial 8.16 and ran 8.16 Nice to see huge Top car count...Coming back later in August. Suggestion: Move entire day 2 hours earlier. If track is following Norwalk, they just moved their program up. Sure hasn't hurt them. TT for Top is now 9:30am and they went to possible 3rd TT. I don't need 3 tt bus moving program up to at least 10am start for juniors would help. Just my opinion....

Posts: 715 | Location: canton, ohio usa | Registered: September 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Goomba
posted Hide Post
I think Greg will read this and take your thoughts and try to improve on them. When I talked to him he really sounds like he cares about the racer. not worthy I also like the way they stack the laines. Sorry Bill It stops the hunt and peck.. I also like the bye-run deal. Fastest rec-time in last time run. Thats a no brainer.

Posts: 353 | Location: Chesterland Ohio | Registered: May 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
misunderstood what i mean,i dont like the way the have us all going into the lanes,by blocking off the entrance top right of lanes,causing traffic jam in pits!do like the idea of how they position cars when in the lanes.keeps the hitters from following me in.

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of fast frank
posted Hide Post
Great time sat at track,great car count, staff did a good job. would like to see a early start also. Big cars start at 12 or 1:00. Ran in street sat with 1st rd at 10:30. If you bring your wife or kids, its a little late

Posts: 728 | Location: pa. | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Goomba
posted Hide Post
Sorry Bill, I must of had my head up my A$$. Rolling Rolling Going to come back out in a few weeks, and bring my ride this time. I think Tom is coming also, just so I bring lots of water.

Posts: 353 | Location: Chesterland Ohio | Registered: May 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
What weekend, Goomba? We will be there on the 20th I think. We are going to Nationl Trail this weekend for 2 days and then the 13/14 we are going to Bunker Hill, IN. Sure would like to see the Goomba in action...or atleast see if the bye rounds follow you.

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Goomba
posted Hide Post
Shawn this Sunday I will be at TRP for the ford GM deal, I owe Andy one. The week after that 13 and 14 we were coming down from Fri to Sunday. And race all 3 days.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Shoot me an email. My phone erased your email address.

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Yes they messed up calling stick cars up at the same time as top for first time run saturday but they did correct themselves the rest of the night. I also think that atleast days they have some type of big show that they should start earlier. I lost 3rd rd and it was after 2am.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I have been racing at Keystone/PRP for 14 years and I think letting Greg and his crew get away was the biggest mistake they ever made. PRP is suffering from low car counts and Obnoxious Employee Syndrome, but it's still only 10 miles from my house and I am too cheap to drive to Quaker! I wish you all success and I hope you appreciate what a great crew you have there!

My AARP = Armed And Really Pissed

Posts: 137 | Location: 15650 | Registered: August 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Dale Greenawald
posted Hide Post
I also would like to see the program start earlier.
Traction has been great and the crew has been doing a great job!!!
One thing I see that will help speed up the program is to pull us out of the lanes and stop at the bottom of the hill,like we have been doing at this track for as long as I can remember.
Just my opinion.

ICS RACING ENGINES

Posts: 82 | Location: Burgettstown,Pa. | Registered: March 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
im not going to get in qcmpobsrvr game, it is plain and simple you are either one of the dan and ann show or part of the clown group. you are a hater to see the things going so well. when you have the amount of cars that was there, well this is not the old days it takes a little more than a few hours longer to run the cars.

concession run out of food, must of been a good night. as far as not running norwalk, look around, i see a good number of former norwalk regulars now regulars at qcmp. if you want to meet me, come up while we are running jrs and introduce yourself since you do not have the sac to use your real name, hater

just an fyi, i will not reply back to anymore of your school games, you clearly stick out like the a$$ you are. Maybe we will be able to look over saturday and see you sitting in your dan and ann pop up trailer Busted

Posts: 23 | Location: Elyria, Ohio | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
what did qcrobserver say or do?im just trying to follow the drama a bit???

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Glenn and Joan:
I have been racing at Keystone/PRP for 14 years and I think letting Greg and his crew get away was the biggest mistake they ever made. PRP is suffering from low car counts and Obnoxious Employee Syndrome, but it's still only 10 miles from my house and I am too cheap to drive to Quaker! I wish you all success and I hope you appreciate what a great crew you have there!

There are several racers that would like an earlier start time. PRP raised start time 2 hours and lost 40-50 cars that cant make it. In talking to racers at QCMP now I know of the same amount or more that cant make the the 1:00 start time. Everyones opinion is very important and moving time is a help for some racers. But may make it impossable for a large group to make an earlier start time. Yes there are bugs that will get worked out. But and I say this to Norm and Duke... 327 cars one week 256 another it works!!!!!!!!! I know im gonna get the "im kissing up to Greg" but look at something as simple as the points sheet. PRP with greg 50+ cars per bracket. Without Greg half that. At qcmp the numbers are insane!!! Highest points participants since 2002!!! over 300 cars.. over 250 3 seperate weeks. Again I agree bugs need worked out. But its the 1st year!!!! I know Mr. Fox you hear alot of input. And you know that in business this usually comes from the unhappy person. But you may have 200 people that are happy just the way it is. You and your family and Greg and his team have givin us an outstanding facility that will do nothing but grow.

Thanks Ray Wilkins

Posts: 365 | Location: new castle,pa | Registered: May 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Turk
posted Hide Post
Nice posting Ray, could not have said it better myself. This was the first weekend i was at QCMP for a Raceday all season. Usually there with greg,duke, and doug when no ones around working on things. It was nothing but wall to wall cars and friendly people i have never met before. Yea they were looking at the car alot but lots of nice racers and people just saying hi. Racing you was the highlight of the night(maybe year) and fun and thats the way it should be. great job to Greg and the qcmp crew for a hards night work in that heat and to Scotty for his driving coaching. I was having fun till the starter gave out 4th round. New car blues and i will for sure be back.

Posts: 178 | Location: New Stanton | Registered: January 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 27Keith
posted Hide Post
Well, pretty busy day on here. XX78 Might want to look At NRP start time and crowd. Last week 4TT and 1st rd by 4pm. Earlier might have hurt them ?? time will tell. To be fair there were no Jr's though I dont think anyways.

Glenn & Joan, if everyone is not racing at PRP then where are they? We have seen very few of them at QCMP.

Staging lane entry, story I heard was it is that way because of thieves. Paying for T&T then getting into the Gamblers race on Fri. or paying for one bracket and running two on Sat. This same thing was happening last yr, that is why we had to have a run card to get paid!!! To this I ask Greg, Is there a way for our new computer system to throw a red flag and say "this car is not entered in this class tonight"?

Dale, we did that one week and alot of people thought it was better, not sure why we have not done it since. Should be able to look at run time per pair and tell the story.

This last one is my comment and will help with late ending times. If we are to start at 3 pm then the first call to the lanes should be at 2:45 and first car down track at 3 sharp. First call has been 3:00/3:15 with first car down track at about 3:20/3:30.
All in all The place is 100X better then in yrs past.

4 X Track Champion ( 2 & 2 )
2 X Run off Winner

Posts: 2084 | Location: out there | Registered: March 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Keith I will agree 100% better but also room for improvement which is why we are giving constructive criticism.
The problem I see with your red flag deal would be that you would probably have cars paired up and in the water before it was caught. Why not just turn in you punch card when pulling into lanes for first round.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of ExoticFab5018
posted Hide Post
Personaly I think everything is great at QCMP, you can nit pick over so much stupid stuff everywhere and you will never please everyone. People want 2 tt and re entry everyweek, NRP will go one tt sometimes and they never have buy backs. On race days with a huge turnout I think the re-entry race should get cut out. I won first rd at 9:57pm and second rd wasnt till 12:45am because re-entry classes were running. But like everyone said the car count speaks volumes for the the improvements made at the track this year. The starting line has been awsome compared too last year! Hats off to the Norm, Duke, Greg and whole crew out there! Keep up the good work and Im sure car counts will continue to grow!

Posts: 123 | Location: Hubbard,OH | Registered: June 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of XX78 Altered
posted Hide Post
Ray: your right about car count being up, but maybe that's because new ownership, etc. But the fact is there is a huge car count, so late start time isn't keeping the cars away. Kind of like the "silent majority" thing. They like it so they aren't complaining. For me, I would like the earlier start, but it won't keep me away if it doesn't change. I only race every other weekend somewhere anyway. I enjoy Quaker, staff, track and it's racers, just don't like the after midnight tow and getting home at 1:30am.
Keith: Wow, 4 tt at Norwalk, maybe earlier start hurt the car count. But like you said, no juniors. I do think starting the TT on time would help. Maybe bring the BB cars to the lanes the same time as winners would also help. BB run BB's. If odd car then last BB runs 1st car in winners lane.
I like having to bring your run card with you. Anyway due to family, work, NUF, etc. my next day at Quaker isn't till Aug. 27. Remember brain storming is a good thing. I think the owner, Greg and racers all want the same thing.
PS: Instead of my dial board reading 8.16 for RD1, my crew guy dialed 8.1d! Greg and I had a laugh at head of staging before pass.

RACE SAFE !

Posts: 715 | Location: canton, ohio usa | Registered: September 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post