DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of John Cadamore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tony Fagnilli:
Could be worse, we could be arguing about stupid people. And Mopar people.

HEY!!!!!!!!!! be nice now. I'm on your side. I hate dragsters too.

Posts: 155 | Location: Freeport | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Cadamore:
quote:
Originally posted by Tony Fagnilli:
Could be worse, we could be arguing about stupid people. And Mopar people.

HEY!!!!!!!!!! be nice now. I'm on your side. I hate dragsters too.

LOL, sorry, bud.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
Or camshaft selection. Or stupid rumors.

BTW - you changing your avatar to that sweet G body Cutlass???

LOL. I would if I could remember how.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
stupid people and mopar people??arent they the same?

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by prest911:
stupid people and mopar people??arent they the same?

LOL

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Or car show people. Headers on, Tony!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
It goes back to car count, Clint, and SP is right too. Except for the complaining part. That's button babies. And Mopar people.
Laughing Rolling

Where is it the "button babies" are complaining? I asked a simple and real question. I didn't come on here bashing anyone, just wanted a REAL explanation as the why the exclusions. If it's understandable for "no pipes" please explain it to me, I am truly curious. Every big event I've been to in my short driving career its the door cars who have to be catered to and given their own "division" so they feel all warm and fuzzy.....

I mean, door cars are dividing themselves between trans brake cars, foot brake cars.....what's next? stock frame separate from back half separate from tube chassis? Hell, you may as well just give everyone a trophy for participation when they take tree and everyone can be a winner

Posts: 63 | Location: youngstown, oh | Registered: February 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Brian if they allow pipes then they would probably get less than a dozen pipe cars to show up but would probably have more than two dozen door cars stay home. Pretty simple.
I am waiting for them to split them up as trailer queens and daily drivers too.

Posts: 2595 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
The main thing that will keep hitters from down south from coming up is not guaranteeing deep staging. They need to guarntee it. They need to make that change to insure racers to come.

Posts: 67 | Location: around and about | Registered: November 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
quote:
Or car show people. Headers on, Tony!

Not funny, Chuck

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Romeo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brian McHattie:
quote:
It goes back to car count, Clint, and SP is right too. Except for the complaining part. That's button babies. And Mopar people.
Laughing Rolling

Where is it the "button babies" are complaining?

In defense of Chuck, this is more of a standing joke, because we have a few friends that choose to use a button on the bottom bulb. We just jack them because we are footbrake purists.

Jones Transmission Pumps
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA

Posts: 780 | Location: New Alexandria, Pa | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 27Keith
posted Hide Post
Can I get a clarification on exactly what a door car is ?

4 X Track Champion ( 2 & 2 )
2 X Run off Winner

Posts: 2084 | Location: out there | Registered: March 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of John Cadamore
posted Hide Post
I wonder if they are going to make guys clear both staging beems completely and light both beens in a forward motion.It would be nice to get back to courtesy staging as it was meant to be.

Posts: 155 | Location: Freeport | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
John I agree on that one.

Posts: 2595 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I wonder why yins are so scared of a bulb (pre-stage) that has nothing to do with the ET of a race?

And the last time I checked. Courtesy staging is that no one racer lights both bulbs, before other racer lights one bulb.

Just stage and race. The only advantage a racer that leaves the top bulb lit is.... that you do like it. No other.

Posts: 212 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
We don't like it because you do it! Get it we don't like you! Eyes Big Grin

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 27Keith:
Can I get a clarification on exactly what a door car is ?

The way I understand it, it's no center steer cars. I/E, dragsters and altereds. Everything else is a doorcar.

I could be wrong. I usually am.

Posts: 622 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Rick Clay
posted Hide Post
I honestly don't know that if you opened it up to dragsters you would get many anyway. My car averages a 1.09 60' and although I have never tried it I can imagine that would be a pretty nasty place to try to leave off the trans brake or foot braking it on the bottom bulb. When I was trying to decide between door car or dragster a wise man (Bob Deniker) advised me to get the digger and keep the Trans Am so I would have both like all the "cool kids" just for occasions like this so that is what I did lol. I will more than likely be bringing the TA out of retirement for this weekend :-)

Posts: 11 | Location: Dry Tavern, PA | Registered: June 01, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post

" cool " before there WAS cool

Posts: 309 | Location: USA | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BlackDog82:

" cool " before there WAS cool

Don't you mean tool?