DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Chuck, already answered your question. Car count.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Dale Greenawald
posted Hide Post
Thanks Chuck. I would like to thank Greg for puting on a race like this. I hope you get a big turn out.

ICS RACING ENGINES

Posts: 82 | Location: Burgettstown,Pa. | Registered: March 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brian McHattie:
humor me more then....If that's the case, If, and the bottom bulb guys don't like racing with the dragsters/center steer cars, then why do they cross over/run both/or bottom bulb a top bulb race, or why race top and mod at points days?

You have a small percentage doing this compared to the car count that will show up for a door car only no box race

I just want to understand all these exclusivity rules in racing.

I mean you have your top bulb events, but all cars are welcome, top bulb, bottom bulb, dragster, roadster, door car etc. BUT, in those events, you have to split door cars from everyone else because some of the door car guys feel disadvantaged or whatever against dragsters/altereds.
Same theory of thinking with the no box race. Since the majority of no box cars are door cars, no dragsters allowed. The splittin of the cars in the top bulb race was to increase car counts in the dragster flooded races.

Now you have the bottom bulb events. No dragsters/altereds. Why? I see in this event the foot brake cars have to be split from the non foot brake cars, why? I am at such a loss to understand why there has to be such fragmentation but it seems to be a very one-sided arguement so to speak..... This is a bottom bulb thing. The purist believe you swap feet on the bottom bulb while others feel that no box and bottom bulb are the same thing.

If there is no delay box in the car, why not let them race? Doors or no doors, footbrake or trans brake, a racecar is a racecar is it not? Line up in the lanes and race.....

I say sell the dragsters and go back to door cars. So many more opportunities with a door car like box, no box, all the .90 classes, Renegade series, local index series and multiple class entries.

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
What if I am footbraking my car and it has a transbrake in it? Can I still run footbrake side? I am waiting for the day the split cars up by color.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Or if car has two carbs then not allowed to run. boring

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
With the advent of adjustable trans brake buttons, it only makes sense to split based on launching method. I'm surprised no one made the argument yet that adjustable trans brakes should race in box class, given their level of adjust-ability. You can add a shim to take out .001, try doing that with just the pedals. No complaints though, not too concerned (and probably most I know) if it was mixed from the getgo.

If you footbrake a car, its likely you're not on the two step, so i don't imagine they'll give you any issue for footbraking a transbrake setup.

Posts: 119 | Location: Outside | Registered: May 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
It's a close comparison but there is a difference between mechanical and electrical adjustment.

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Even if you can take a shim out, you're still going off the bottom...

Posts: 67 | Location: around and about | Registered: November 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Brian.. What Shawn said i hope answered your ques. All good info

Posts: 67 | Location: around and about | Registered: November 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shawn Pinkerton:
I say sell the dragsters and go back to door cars. So many more opportunities with a door car like box, no box, all the .90 classes, Renegade series, local index series and multiple class entries.

This.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
All very valid points, I appreciate the input.

what do you think Shawn P, pull the box out of the malibu? lol

I can hear the crying now if someone made a big $ event for top bulb dragsters/altereds only....

Posts: 63 | Location: youngstown, oh | Registered: February 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Brian.. i wouldnt care if diggers/etc raced the event. They're goin off bottom too.. Norwalks no box has handful of them there each yr. i know id be there with or without them. Hope your able to attend.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
You wouldn't hear crying from me. All you can ask for, from any event, is for the rules to be spelled out clearly. Then you can decide if you want to race it or not.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
You could try, Brian but you will find you have the same problem that promoters did 10 years ago. You need the door cars to help cover enteries and expenses. Big money had become all about having 4 or 5 entries and 2 or 3 dragsters. It was dieing out quick until they found a way to get door cars back.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
You wouldn't hear crying from me. All you can ask for, from any event, is for the rules to be spelled out clearly. Then you can decide if you want to race it or not.

Alas, the voice of reason is heard but not understood by some with their own personal agendas.

Posts: 474 | Location: Trinity, Florida | Registered: June 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I get the reason for no pipes but the seperating due to launch method seems dumb to me.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
The footbrake group complains that transbrake guys have an advantage over them and using a transbrake isn't true bottom bulb racing. Some divisions even exclude the transbrake in Pro class.

I swear, that's all you door car guys do is complain. LOL

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
It goes back to car count, Clint, and SP is right too. Except for the complaining part. That's button babies. And Mopar people.
Laughing Rolling

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Could be worse, we could be arguing about stupid people. And Mopar people.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Or camshaft selection. Or stupid rumors.

BTW - you changing your avatar to that sweet G body Cutlass???