DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Craig, I know for sure the bracket race on July 11 at the Pro Am will be open to everybody. You do not have to be a Pro Am racer to enter. I don't see a time either, but my guess would be IHRA would run their classes to completion first.

LR, depending on entry vs payout, and the rules, I could be interested. I'd fit the 8.00 index.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks chuck for response, I figured jus about everyone could fit in one of those classes ( obviously have to slow car down). Thinking to talk about putting on a race like this with Greg. With guaranteed payouts for each class. Be a nice way changing it up.

Posts: 67 | Location: around and about | Registered: November 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Open to all, or street cars only? Delay boxes, throttle stops allowed? A lot of people will have those questions. For 8.0, at least, I vote footbrake only.
Big Grin Double Thumbs up

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of camhead
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
Craig, I know for sure the bracket race on July 11 at the Pro Am will be open to everybody. You do not have to be a Pro Am racer to enter. I don't see a time either, but my guess would be IHRA would run their classes to completion first.

Thanks Chuck

Posts: 9 | Location: Pa | Registered: May 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Underdog99
posted Hide Post
I personally have zero interest in running half track. Right now I just wish it would stop raining.

Posts: 72 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: October 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Good time out at Norwalk this weekend. Congrats to Kerry Balaska for getting down to 12 cars on Saturday, and Mike Balaska for getting down to 20 yesterday. Always good to see friends from other tracks.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Where are all the non-mopar guys racing this weekend?

Posts: 63 | Location: Out to lunch | Registered: February 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of Underdog99
posted Hide Post
Forecast doesn't look good. Quaker has their car show, band deal but no racing. Friday may be OK for the T&T but there's no racing. I may come up just to burn up some fuel and make noise. If I don't get out soon I may forget how to drive. lol

Posts: 72 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: October 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Reminders from the PRP site:

* ALL TRAILERS/VEHICLES MUST BE MOVED FROM PIT SPOTS BY JULY 9!!

* The test and tune on Friday, July 10, is for Pro Am cars (Stock, Super Stock, Top Sportsman, Top Dragster, Rod classes) only.

* At the Pro Am on Saturday, July 11, the bracket race is open to all racers (racers do not have to be in a Pro Am class). The race will start after the completion of the Pro Am classes, and there will be a time trial.
BRACKET RACE
Win - $2,000 • Runner-up - $500
Semis - $150 • Qtr - $75 • 1/8ths - $50
IHRA cars can run class set up
Purse guaranteed with 64 cars
$60 entry -$40 buyback (1st round only)

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
Reminders from the PRP site:

* ALL TRAILERS/VEHICLES MUST BE MOVED FROM PIT SPOTS BY JULY 9!!

* The test and tune on Friday, July 10, is for Pro Am cars (Stock, Super Stock, Top Sportsman, Top Dragster, Rod classes) only.

* At the Pro Am on Saturday, July 11, the bracket race is open to all racers (racers do not have to be in a Pro Am class). The race will start after the completion of the Pro Am classes, and there will be a time trial.
BRACKET RACE
Win - $2,000 • Runner-up - $500
Semis - $150 • Qtr - $75 • 1/8ths - $50
IHRA cars can run class set up
Purse guaranteed with 64 cars
$60 entry -$40 buyback (1st round only)

Keep your fingers crossed for me folks...motor is up in NY and I hope to have the car back together for this race. Car

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
You got it, Eric. I hope it happens, and you end up with the Iron Man.

DRR Trophy
Picture of TPaton
posted Hide Post
Is the bracket race during the pro am 1 class? Or box and no box? Thanks

Posts: 105 | Location: PA | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Tom it is after all the pro-am class's and it looks to be all one class seeing pro-am
Cars are allowed to use their set-ups.

Posts: 67 | Location: around and about | Registered: November 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of TPaton
posted Hide Post
Thanks, just wanted to be sure

Posts: 105 | Location: PA | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Is PRP going to reschedule the George Race?

Posts: 20 | Location: Aliquippa | Registered: December 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Tommy, 1 class, all run, no ET break. I think box and no box will be kept separated until they must be combined.

519M, per AJ Casini's posting on Moparts:
Unfortunately none of the open dates at the track later in the year will work out scheduling wise with the other Mopar races in the area.

DRR Trophy
Picture of TPaton
posted Hide Post
Thanks Chuck. Did you get the car figured out yet?

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TPaton:
Did you get the car figured out yet?

Yep. Gas + matches = no more issues. Big Grin

New fuel pump will be here today or tomorrow, we'll see what that does.

DRR Trophy
Picture of TPaton
posted Hide Post
Let me know how that works out.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Chuck you don't need a fuel pump to set it o fire just pour the gas on top then stand back and toss a match! Big Grin

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post