DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of Underdog99
posted Hide Post
If your car is sitting for an extended period of time, you aren't trying hard enough to find other locations to race at. I'm not directing people away from PRP, but QC races a gamblers race every Friday, and Magnolia does their race days on Sunday. If PRP has an off day or is looking to get bad weather, there are other places to go just to get your hits in. As a racer, this is optimal because you can skip a race day to do family/vacation stuff, and still have a chance to race in the weekend.

That's all well and good except the weather this year. I hate wasting the time and money with rain in the forecast. Especially when it's a two hour tow. The best times I've had have been T&T with a gamblers days.

I was really looking forward to the Day at The Races. The points days start too late for me. But alas, more freakin rain.

Posts: 72 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: October 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of fast frank
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Underdog99:

That's all well and good except the weather this year. I hate wasting the time and money with rain in the forecast.

I think the weather has got everyone down this year, I`m self employed, so if it looks like rain I would rather get some work done instead of sitting in the rain at the track. It has been frustrating.

Posts: 728 | Location: pa. | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
^^^ just think about the beating the tracks are taking due to the weather. low car counts(and still have pay the winners and staff) cause it looks like rain or is forecasted to rain or is raining. they cant seem to catch a break.

Posts: 39 | Location: 3rd rock | Registered: May 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Underdog99
posted Hide Post
I see the forecast for Saturday just changed to 0%. Hope they are right.

Posts: 72 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: October 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
quote:
Originally posted by Tony Fagnilli:
I've only run points at PRP twice. This was when it was Friday night and Sunday, EVERY WEEKEND from the end of march to the beginning of October. Can you guys believe that? It was so much work, that I think it scarred me for life. It turned me off so much, I never ran points again. And that counts for what I'm doing now.

Dude, win a Wally, now you're wearing a bull's eye? You've had some packages dropped on you the last 2 races. Maybe it's time to come back to points racing. Big Grin

Dude, you ain't s8h8i8t8ti8n'. 5 thou at Englishtown, 10 thou at Norwalk, it's unbelievable. These guys think that I'm some one special, I guess. Special like the kid who rode the short bus, maybe.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Ed Galanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Underdog99:
I see the forecast for Saturday just changed to 0%. Hope they are right.

Suppose to be sunny the next three days.

Posts: 237 | Location: Wexford, PA | Registered: February 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
If you're coming to the Pro Am this weekend, throw in some stuff for the cats and dogs. Eric Machiorolli, with the green and black Arrow:

Racing or not(motor is in NY getting some love) Racers for Rescues will be collecting for South a Hills Pet Rescue and PRP's own Don Ickes and his cat rescue. Please bring a bag of dog or cat food if you can. Blankets, towels,treats and toys would be greatly appreciated also. And of course cash is cool also. July 10th-12th and I will be there racing or not. Thanks

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
I listened to some of the Live broadcast yesterday on and off through out the day. Wow they did a great job on the coverage good camera angles and if I wasn't busy I could have watched all day.......and Chuck - awesome job, sounded like you were well prepared, and appeared to know what was going on, and were entertaining.

Most important, keep the shiny side up

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mark Walter and the MotorManiaTV crew do an awesome job in their race coverage. And they'll be back up here for the 660 Nationals. Thanks, Steve, I'm just a bracket guy spewing numbers out off the screen. Big Grin

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Chuck, you do/did an AWESOME job on the mic. Wish you did it all the time.

I tried to find race results for the pro am, but can't seem to find them. I found video, but I don't want to scroll through hours of video just to see who won. Help?

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Thanks Tony, appreciate that.

http://www.pittsburghracewaypark.com/race_results.php

I copied and pasted them into the Race Results section here on DRR as well.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
i watched the live coverage on sunday, it was done well. Also, chuck you did a very good job on the mic just like you always do.

Posts: 39 | Location: 3rd rock | Registered: May 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of camhead
posted Hide Post
Tony, check out dragstory.com, it has round by round results for the Pro Am. I agree with the rest Chuck, you did a good job announcing when I was there Saturday, only problem I had was after the last pair went down in the Pro Am, it seemed like they turned down the speakers at the top end where I was parked and could barely here the call for the bracket race.

Posts: 9 | Location: Pa | Registered: May 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Thanks again, guys.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by camhead:
Tony, check out dragstory.com, it has round by round results for the Pro Am. I agree with the rest Chuck, you did a good job announcing when I was there Saturday, only problem I had was after the last pair went down in the Pro Am, it seemed like they turned down the speakers at the top end where I was parked and could barely here the call for the bracket race.

Thanks

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
I know on sat night someone forgot to turn off the flux capacitor. All of the speakers were off except for two or three at the scoreboard. I left the track at 1:45 A.M. and those things where making a hell of a racket. Not sure if they ever did get turned off or not, but it had to of sucked trying to sleep up there.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Underdog99
posted Hide Post
I see a gamblers race was added to tonight's T&T sometime in the middle of last night. Why is it always a last minute thing? I'll be watching the weather but have to come by myself since my GF didn't schedule her work to be off. I'm sure I am not the only person that likes to plan ahead.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I think it was a web admin error. The gambler's race is on the hardcopy calendar schedule.

http://www.pittsburghracewaypark.com/2015.pdf

DRR Trophy
Picture of Underdog99
posted Hide Post
Thank's Chuck. I have one of those around here but frankly never look at it. I just assume the info here would be more up to date than something printed last winter.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Sorry, dude. I'm human. I'm the one that missed posting it until last night.