DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Trailer build photos
Page 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 56
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trailer build photos
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Got the floor space laid out for everything I wanted except a fuel rack

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
Do you have to have a safety inspection done on the trailer in your neck of the woods? Here its every 6 months.

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
no but I'm all about safety as part of my professional life as well racing operation.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
They are really cracking the whip here recently on the safety inspections on the trailers over 8000 Lbs. Even the guys with the bigger boats on the inspections. Last year they nailed 4 of them pulling out of the dirt track. I just figure they have it up in your neck of the woods with all the mad house traffic.

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
what exactly are they looking for and citing for?

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
Anything over 8K Lbs with the trailer must be inspected every 6 months and the sticker better be on the trailer. They will even bring out the portables need be. So if in the event you're over weight and then look at the plate and it's rated wrong "under". you will be having a bad day. Along with no safety inspection. Ouch!!! I wasn't keeping on top of things up until 2 years ago on my 44". Went in the the dually inspection alone. I know the inspector. Tells me, give you a little advice. For the mercy of your check book. Do the trailer. I got the message. Even with my 24, i was over.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TD3550,

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
good to know.

In 20 years trailering my race car, I've never been pulled over in any state I have traveled through.

so who does the inspection every 6 months, DMV, DOT or owner/operator?

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
Certified truck testing lanes. Wow. all you need is certificate of origin, you most likely know already since it was an out of state purchase.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TD3550,

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
It also depends on where your vehicle is registered. I was pulled over in Florida about 4 months ago and everything on my rig was within the laws of my registered state so I didnt have an issue. Only thing was I needed some permit to drive in florida, its all done online and I was shown some courtesy by the officer.

Posts: 232 | Location: On the top of a bus! | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
No photos today. Matter of fact the next photos I post, the trailer will be completed and in my possession.

23,500+ views in 11 days about "just another white trailer" Laughing Hard

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
I remember when i got mine home also. About a six pack looking it over... Good luck to you.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
thanks. Will be looking it over thoroughly before I hook up.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Then in about 3 or 4 years you'll be sitting around thinking what in the hell did I spend this much money on a d a m n trailer....

Posts: 1259 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
that thought has crossed my mind everyday since I ordered it. My son has committed to 4 more years of racing after that he/I don't know.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WHOMPWHOMP:
Then in about 3 or 4 years you'll be sitting around thinking what in the hell did I spend this much money on a d a m n trailer....

Like ED I'm already thinking that myself. But my old trailer left yesterday so I guess I have no choice at this point

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1518 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of adv ET 266
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by seabass:
quote:
Originally posted by WHOMPWHOMP:

Like ED I'm already thinking that myself. But my old trailer left yesterday so I guess I have no choice at this point

It is the wise man that considers the exit strategy from our sport. That day will come for every one of you or your estate beneficiaries. Turns out, the sale of the race car(s) and trailer is just the start of divesting. Between spares and tools, you may be amazed at the accumulation, or not.

2005 2000lb 4 link dragster
home brew 582 BBC Dart 355
4.629@149
7.310@185

Posts: 12173 | Location: 33463 | Registered: February 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I'm definitely leaving up to someone else...let them deal with the mess....they'll be like I can't believe he had this much S H I T...

Posts: 1259 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
thanks. Will be looking it over thoroughly before I hook up.

Ha, you wanna hear a funny...

When I ordered my trailer from Pace I told them Gooseneck. All the paperwork showed Gooseneck. I put a Gooseneck B&W Turnover Hitch in my truck. When the dealer called to have me come get it, I let my friend Danny hook it up while I did the paperwork. He came running into the office and said rip up that check!!!!!!

They built it as a 5th Wheel!

They tried to say that is what I ordered, but all the paperwork proved them wrong. I said it's simple, you either get me an adapter so I can hook this trailer to my truck or I take my deposit back and start the process over elsewhere.

They bought and installed a really cool adapter to go from the 5th Wheel Pin to a Gooseneck Ball. Went back the next week and finished the deal.

So, certainly look it over COMPLETELY!

If you can, hook the trailer to a GFI outlet before you leave and make sure the wiring is correct! My was not and I had to diagnose and fix that myself. Didn't know until I plugged it in at home. Was fine off a generator or non-GIF outlet.

Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
See when i got mine, it came as a gooseneck. 3 days later it changed over to a 5th wheel. Had the hitch in the truck already for the camper. I never cared for the ball mount. Solid 5th wheel pin is 1000% stronger that any ball mount plus it has the 12" plate pad. Since i work in the trucking repair industry Cold day in*** you ever snap off a pin.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Beck:

So, certainly look it over COMPLETELY!

If you can, hook the trailer to a GFI outlet before you leave and make sure the wiring is correct! My was not and I had to diagnose and fix that myself. Didn't know until I plugged it in at home. Was fine off a generator or non-GIF outlet.

Mike, I will, they have no idea what they're in for.