DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Do you tow with race cars in park
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do you tow with race cars in park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bad News
posted Hide Post
No park.
Winch in, 2 straps in front that pull the struts down and pull the car forward, 2 in back, all 4 are angled outwards.
Front are at an extreme angle as the nose is stored above the car so the only straps that are semi level are the rear ones.
1 rear strap to stop the rear shocks from working going down the road.
Towing this way since 2002, car does not move.
Is park better? Probably but an extra step I don't feel is needed. Done it a few times and car will not roll out, go back and take it out of park.
Maybe if I had it on a lift, but only just a single trailer.

Posts: 868 | Location: ft laud | Registered: September 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
All the opinions are interesting. I have always trailered door cars in neutral beginning with my first trailered car in 1966. I started with chains and boomers then switched to straps about 40-50 years ago. Always crossed everything. Never had one come loose even in a collision.

Posts: 86 | Location: Abilene, Texas | Registered: July 30, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Well since first car I have had in 30 plus years that has a park. May not be worth much. No parks. I have aluminum planetary and having steel pawl beating on it seems a bad idea. Plus with wench and two front strap figure rolling back is not likely and I dbl up on the rear so have to lose 4 straps to move forward.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
Yes and no. Race car yes. REPO Cars not much time. Get out a block or 2 then click the paw back in park. Man glad them days are over.

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Always park for Dragster and door cars here.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 990 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Tighten the roadster straps down (X) while in neutral then put the trans in park.

Bob

Posts: 3083 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post