DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    So, The Journey to 700 lb ft Torque begins
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So, The Journey to 700 lb ft Torque begins
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

Counsel (intuition) told me, no good would come from following the herd.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
That's a good name for this engine "Street Wise" (intuition)

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
I am not a huge Trump supporter but was just showing his views on the vaccine he took credit for getting developed quickly.

Believing in God has zero to do with vaccinations in my mind. I never said you or anyone else should get the shots. I also never said anything negative about those that chose not to get vaccinated.

Your opposition to vaccines is your choice. You constantly throw darts at anyone who did get vaccinated as if it were some kind of evil....

Irrational thinking...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SCDIV1,

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SCDIV1:
I am not a huge Trump supporter but was just showing his views on the vaccine he took credit for getting developed quickly.

Believing in God has zero to do with vaccinations in my mind. I never said you or anyone else should get the shots. I also never said anything negative about those that chose not to get vaccinated.

Your opposition to vaccines is your choice.

You didn't, but you did regurgitate what the TV was telling you, that far right wing religious fanatics are conspiracy theory loons.

I'm not far right wing, nor a conspiracy theorist. I'm an American who woke up to the lefts TV and Hollywood brainwashing of all Americans, both sides of the political aisle.

If you subject yourself liberal controlled TV and Hollyweird, I don't care who you are, eventually you'll become a de-facto libtard, with a liberal mindset.

If you hadn't noticed, modern liberals promote sex reassignment for children and drag queen story time in elementary schools.

The last thing I'd ever wanna be is a de-facto libtard.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Anyone who's judging their sanity by what they can regurgitate coming out of the lefty controlled boob tube, are the loons.

Everyone should know this by now. Even the loons still participating.

Lie Box on a loop 24/7 - TV

DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
This is America and it is a country that stands for freedom...

I don't care for or like or am in favor of many things that have been pushed at us from the Boob Toob and Hollyweird and you're right about all that

BUT unless we decide that some of these life styles and behaviors are illegal or banned we have to tolerate them...FREEDOM

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
This is America and it is a country that stands for freedom...

I don't care for or like or am in favor of many things that have been pushed at us from the Boob Toob and Hollyweird and you're right about all that

BUT unless we decide that some of these life styles and behaviors are illegal or banned we have to tolerate them...FREEDOM

I'm also right in saying no American hasn't been free to conduct themselves anyway they *choose* in their own bedroom. However that freedom doesn't extend into introducing various perversions to elementary aged children, in public schools.

So if you're quite done being the official spokesperson for Libtard perversions crammed down everyone's throats, we'll get back on the topic of drag racing.

When will we see another 250 260 duration camshaft in a 10:1 pump gas compression BBC, making 744 HP at 7500 rpm's? It's gonna be a while if history tells us anything.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
You are probably on the watchlist for numerous agencies

If Tucker Carlson and I were defacto libtards, with Libtard TV mindsets, we too might believe this as a bad thing. Like you do while reciting & regurgitating official lies and fabrications.

DRR Pro
Picture of HS professor
posted Hide Post
quote:
When will we see another 250 260 duration camshaft in a 10:1 pump gas compression BBC, making 744 HP at 7500 rpm's? It's gonna be a while if history tells us anything.

I own one Mike Big Grin

Posts: 1421 | Location: Monroe twp nj | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HS professor:
quote:

I own one Mike Big Grin

I know, 565. Did you dyno it after you changed to the small camshaft, or are you guessing?

Post a photo of the dyno sheet, that would be interesting.

What are the small camshaft specs?

DRR Pro
Picture of HS professor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HS professor:

****** I know, 565. Did you dyno it after you changed to the small camshaft, or are you guessing?

Post a photo of the dyno sheet, that would be interesting.

What are the small camshaft specs? ********

Not the 565 Mike, that doesn't count, that's a real street engine built for durability. It would easily make 800+ with a cam/intake change.

Basic .030 454 w/ 4" stroke small dome piston. The key is a small 305 runner CNC Brodix STS BB-1 head and ugly manifold. My math says around 10.5 compression.
Roy Kinslow gets all the credit for this grind cam. Makes good power and his 477 with 290 race rite heads probably make close to 750 hp.

I never dyno my stuff, I get the on track numbers and form my own hypothetical hp numbers. I was taught early on know body races a dyno and those numbers can be easily manipulated.
Timeslips never lie ..........

For the record, that's the only reason I bust your balls. Dyno numbers mean nothing and anyone bragging about them is usually full of sh**.

Car weighed 3375 and went 142mph whats your hp estimate for that ticket ?? BTW ....... That run was deepstaged too Wink

This message has been edited. Last edited by: HS professor,

Posts: 1421 | Location: Monroe twp nj | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Bragging is a matter of perception, I'm not offended by you posting a slip going 142 mph, so I don't perceive as you bragging.

I'm an enthusiast first and foremost, I think more should post their slips, not less.

There's nothing wrong with running good.

I'm not bragging when I post anything performance oriented, I always figure anything I can do as easily as I do, someone else could easily out do, with more work at it.

I like this camshaft you have, I looked at it, but chose not to use it, it's not a street friendly camshaft, the difference in the 020 to 050 numbers indicate it's a race cam.

18cc pump gas piston, if history tells us anything, it'll be awhile until we see another 250 260 duration camshaft making 744 hp at 7500 rpm's.

This isn't bragging, it's a performance oriented fact, based on basic camshaft fundamentals for performance.

BTW, nice looking slip. Kudos.

We'll see what we can do with it with a 18cc piston and china heads within the next couple weeks, in the Third Gen. I'm working on it as we speak.

The one on the left is the new bullet, ordered a converter this morning. Active stator converter 8" for the street 6300.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I was wrong, Mezeire is the only billet Flexplate to fly.

For the record.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Lunati 252 260 Hot Street custom solid roller camshaft sounds modern.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Amazing what a carb can do. A buddy lent us his 1250cfm (1050) BLP 4500 Dominator for some 1/4 mile pulls at Orlando Speed World.

Video will be on RIPPER WRENCH Youtube.

She'll run well into the 9's n/a off the trailer. Bet it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I think we can go 6.14. I don't foresee any problem, off the trailer.

3475 lbs loaded.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I'm hesitant to stall test the new converter on the transmission brake because it is an active stator converter, so I don't know much about it really.

The guy who owns this car drives it for dinner and to car shows, so it required an active stator torque converter to run cool enough to drive around on the street. Even so I think she'll go faster than 6.14 off the trailer first hit, low leave rpm.

It's definitely faster than my Nova.

I think we hit on a pretty decent 18cc piston pump gas combination.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Luvtruck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
I'm hesitant to stall test the new converter on the transmission brake because it is an active stator converter, so I don't know much about it really.

The guy who owns this car drives it for dinner and to car shows, so it required an active stator torque converter to run cool enough to drive around on the street. Even so I think she'll go faster than 6.14 off the trailer first hit, low leave rpm.

LOL....what isn't faster than your Nova

Posts: 242 | Location: Vanceboro NC | Registered: February 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Luvtruck:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:

LOL....what isn't faster than your Nova

We've already been down this road and you've had 6 years to find one faster... n/a 23 sbc 3200 lbs.

This is irrefutable evidence, you can't find one faster.

Six years and counting.