DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    So, The Journey to 700 lb ft Torque begins
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So, The Journey to 700 lb ft Torque begins
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Find a 3200 lb factory condition muscle car with triple chrome plated steel bumpers with a n/a 23 degree sbc, faster.

You can't.

For 6 years and counting, mph or et.

I built the engine, transmission and ring & pinion in it. You can't evidence anyone with those skillz.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 434 olds
posted Hide Post
Stop feeding the troll

Worlds Quickest And Fastest 71 Cutlass On The Planet Earth

Posts: 536 | Location: Oak ridge, N.J | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 434 olds:
Stop feeding the troll

6 years and counting I troll you with the fastest n/a 23 sbc muscle car 3200 lbs, mph or et.

Cry me a river.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Damn we've got two BLP carbs to try on this Wednesday night Orlando Speed World.

BLP just called, my new black billet center dyno Dominator 1250 cfm carb will be on my doorstep tomorrow.

New version vs Old.

Nice.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Luvtruck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
Damn we've got two BLP carbs to try on this Wednesday night Orlando Speed World.

BLP just called, my new black billet center dyno Dominator 1250 cfm carb will be on my doorstep tomorrow.

New version vs Old.

Nice.

You're putting a 1250 on a motor that doesn't make anymore power than that?
My smallblock makes more power and don't need a 1250.....heck BLP even told me to use it on my old Reher-Morrison 555 when I had it

Posts: 242 | Location: Vanceboro NC | Registered: February 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Luvtruck:
quote:

New version vs Old.

Nice.

You're putting a 1250 on a motor that doesn't make anymore power than that?
My smallblock makes more power and don't need a 1250.....heck BLP even told me to use it on my old Reher-Morrison 555 when I had it

BLP 1.720 venturi Dominator carb flows 1250 cfm.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Here come the Rooster

Ya know........ he ain't gonna die

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
How did Wednesday go?

They are racing at Showtime tonight (Fri), are you guys there?

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M120:
How did Wednesday go?

Rained out Wednesday, we took it to Orlando Speed World last night.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Luvtruck
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
How did Wednesday go?

What did it run?

Posts: 242 | Location: Vanceboro NC | Registered: February 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Luvtruck
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
How did Wednesday go?

How did it run?

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Ran excellent, within a couple hundredths of my Nova high gear only, to the 330 ft.

Same power/similar, only 275 lbs heavier.

18cc piston pump gas BBC, I was happy with it.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I take that back, within 5 hun to the 330 high gear only.

The Nova goes 4.22 to the 330, the Third Gen went 4.27 high gear only.

Run good

DRR Trophy
Picture of Luvtruck
posted Hide Post
quote:

Run good

Why the high gear only?

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Run good

Why the high gear only?

Technically it left in low gear and he shifted it right after the release, ITS OBVIOUS IN THE GRAPH

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 708 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Luvtruck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 329L:
quote:
quote:

Run good

Why the high gear only?

Technically it left in low gear and he shifted it right after the release, ITS OBVIOUS IN THE GRAPH

Wasn't looking at the graph so my bad

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 329L:
quote:
quote:

Run good

Why the high gear only?

Good call. That's a graph from a 370 Pro Tree 6.50 index race.

High gear only in the same fashion on the Camaro, while I worked on getting it going straight.

It's a stock suspension three link torque arm car, which works great once they go straight.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
By the fourth lap I had it going straight 4000 leave chip, we just ran out of time to make a wide open pull using low gear, the lanes closed.

It'll run a 6 teen easy, no carb tuning. Ran close with my Nova when I run it high gear only.