DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    So, The Journey to 700 lb ft Torque begins
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So, The Journey to 700 lb ft Torque begins
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Prep officials worked on the track all night, track was good.

We were just unlucky to go down behind the wrong car, left something on the track around the 330 ft.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Luvtruck:
quote:
Originally posted by 329L:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
I take that back, within 5 hun to the 330 high gear only.

The Nova goes 4.22 to the 330, the Third Gen went 4.27 high gear only.

Run good

Why the high gear only?

Technically it left in low gear and he shifted it right after the release, ITS OBVIOUS IN THE GRAPH

Wasn't looking at the graph so my bad

I was actually just calling out that it wasnt technically high gear only. Shifting .1-.2 after the tb release, is still Faster than leaving in high gear....

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 708 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Find a 3200 lb factory condition muscle car with triple chrome plated steel bumpers with a n/a 23 degree sbc, faster.

You can't.

For 6 years and counting, mph or et.

I built the engine, transmission and ring & pinion in it. You can't evidence anyone with those skillz.

That car does look good. It is not all that fast though.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4011 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
quote:
Find a 3200 lb factory condition muscle car with triple chrome plated steel bumpers with a n/a 23 degree sbc, faster.

You can't.

For 6 years and counting, mph or et.

I built the engine, transmission and ring & pinion in it. You can't evidence anyone with those skillz.

That car does look good. It is not all that fast though.

Compared to what? A Top Fuel car? 3 second radial vs world car? 200 plus mph Pro Stocker?

Compared to 3200 lb factory condition Nova's/Camaro's/Chevelles with n/a 23 sbc's, on 10x28 tires, you can't find one quicker / faster to the 60ft, 330ft, or 660ft.

Prove me wrong,,,,, you can't for 6 years and counting.

You also can't find one with better MPH 6.40 or slower et.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
If you have a Top Fuel funny car, you're looking at other Top Fuel funny cars to figure out if you're fast.

If you have a NHRA Pro Stocker, you're looking at other NHRA Pro stockers to figure out if you're fast.

If you have a factory condition 3200 lb Muscle Car with a n/a 23 sbc, and you can't find any faster, you know you're fast.

Fast is relative.

Not all that fast is when you run middle of the pack or back.

Fast is front of the pack.

There's never been another like this one in the 5's, you won't find one n/a 23 sbc 3200 lbs.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Actually I take that back, a guy on Chevelles.com tells me there's a BES 23 sbc factory condition Camaro Tony Bischoff built the engine that has dipped in the 5's with All Pro raised runner heads.

I haven't seen it but I'd believe it. Wouldn't doubt it. Wouldn't surprise me, Bischoff can outrun anyone it seems.

ALL Pro RR is a better cylinder head than a Brodix by a bunch potentially, but a AFR ain't by any degree. That's one of the most successful propaganda campaigns going on the net.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Luvtruck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Actually I take that back, a guy on Chevelles.com tells me there's a BES 23 sbc factory condition Camaro Tony Bischoff built the engine that has dipped in the 5's with All Pro raised runner heads.

I haven't seen it but I'd believe it. Wouldn't doubt it. Wouldn't surprise me, Bischoff can outrun anyone it seems.

ALL Pro RR is a better cylinder head than a Brodix by a bunch potentially, but a AFR ain't by any degree. That's one of the most successful propaganda campaigns going on the net.

Then how did you DIP into the 5s if the ALL PRO can barely do it and it's a way better head?

I've seen a Track 1 run 5.40s on a 427......but it was in a 2000lb Beretta

Posts: 242 | Location: Vanceboro NC | Registered: February 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Then how did you DIP into the 5s if the ALL PRO can barely do it and it's a way better head?

It was so easy, I never knew or thought about it being the fastest out of the box 23 degree head sbc, it was so easy.

When I called Kenny F0rd at PTC about a Opel 8" PTC torque converter a buddy had in his attic ten years, he wanted me to try. It started to dawn on me, when I gave Kenny the part #, he said that converter won't work at all with nitrous.

Then he asked a couple times, that car has no nitrous on it? I think most presumed it did. Kenny ran the 6.0 index, the same race I ran off the trailer at SGMP, Lights Out I think it was called, big radial tire race.

Then I started looking around. And when I started asking if anyone has seen another one in the 5's, that's when it got weird, like all your huffing and puffing about it.

It went 6.01 off the trailer first night to thetrack, new engine, transmission and ring & pinion I threw together I thought could do it. Conditions were average.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Hell, Lights Out was average conditions that year 2017, it was like 2750 ft, Barometer mid to low 29.

Lights Out 8 I think it was.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I just put 20-25 lbs on this third gen Camaro last night. We paid the guy with the PTC converter in his attic to professionally wire this car in 2017.

He did a beautiful job but it didn't have a single ground wire. I ran 25 ft of 1 ot welding cable, it has a bunch of grounds now.

It had a #4 running from the negative battery post to a ground lug for the swith panel,the screws holding that ground lug to the firewall, was the only ground it had.

She'll have some effective coil now, with a good ground.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Luvtruck
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

It was so easy, I never knew or thought about it being the fastest out of the box 23 degree head sbc, it was so easy.

When I called Kenny F0rd at PTC about a Opel 8" PTC torque converter a buddy had in his attic ten years, he wanted me to try. It started to dawn on me, when I gave Kenny the part #, he said that converter won't work at all with nitrous.

Then he asked a couple times, that car has no nitrous on it? I think most presumed it did. Kenny ran the 6.0 index, the same race I ran off the trailer at SGMP, Lights Out I think it was called, big radial tire race.

Then I started looking around. And when I started asking if anyone has seen another one in the 5's, that's when it got weird, like all your huffing and puffing about it.

It went 6.01 off the trailer first night to thetrack, new engine, transmission and ring & pinion I threw together I thought could do it. Conditions were average.

Mike....we both know that the car can't weigh what you say if it took an ALL PRO head to dip into the 5s or you have something else going on.

I don't expect you to come clean but your numbers don't add up....it's simple math

Posts: 242 | Location: Vanceboro NC | Registered: February 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Mike....we both know that the car can't weigh what you say if it took an ALL PRO head to dip into the 5s or you have something else going on.

I don't expect you to come clean but your numbers don't add up....it's simple math

Put your money where your mouth is. Smile

Get over it Weirdo.

You've been babbling nonsense for 6 years.

Load your azz in your truck, and take a ride, bring money with you, I'll give you 2 to 1 odds.

No hassle, no fuss. I'll have the scales waiting.

I'm a mile from the Madeira Beach Causeway.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Any amount you bring, I'll give you 2 to 1.

No hassle, no fuss.

Easy money.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Luvtruck
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Get over it Weirdo.

Load your azz in your truck, and take a ride, bring money with you, I'll give you 2 to 1 odds.

House of Hook Mike....load up!!
I can back up everything I say and several on here race with me yet no one can back up your bull.
And please grow up and act your age....you act like a child with the name calling and cussing.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Get over it Weirdo.

House of Hook Mike....load up!!
I can back up everything I say and several on here race with me yet no one can back up your bull.
And please grow up and act your age....you act like a child with the name calling and cussing.

You've shown zilch to backup any claim you've made, and no one has spoken on your behalf.

That's another delusional claim.

What would I need anyone to speak on my behalf for when I have video and timeslips?

Lets see some video of your car... I'll wait.

Here's mine,I'm waiting on yours...

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:

I can back up everything I say and several on here race with me.

Still waiting.

6 years

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Googling both your towns, I came up with US19 Dragway about halfway between both. I've never been or heard of it.

Even field for both, because I doubt either have been there. Off the trailer, one test hit then race,best out of Three or any combo of that. Best out of Three would sell more burgers and hot dogs for the track though. Could even make it a two day event!

Get the new betting site, the track, cylinder head Co's, concessions, tire Co's, GM, Motor Mania TV, etc... onboard plus other sponsors involved. Probably would pay for your fuel costs,rooming,food and probably much more.

https://www.us19-dragway.com/

Looks like a nice track from the website. And they got Go Karts! Always fun!

Let the excuses/stips begin!

Yes, I'm starting sh1t but don't really give a

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
The track is semi local to me, only two hours away. I think it is closed at the moment. Last year there was an article in the local news about it being up for sale at the courthouse for tax reasons. I may be wrong but I haven’t seen anything about it since then. Too bad if it’s true. Is an old track but I kinda like the place. Smaller grass pits like it was back in the day. Have some good memories there.

Posts: 494 | Location: Going to or returning from the chipmine. | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
The only 5 second n/a 23 degree sbc 3200 lb factory condition all steel muscle car on the planet, out of the box Brodix/AFR cylinder heads.

Triple Chrome plated steel bumpers.

Driver built the engine, transmission and ring & pinion.

Let it burn Luvtruck

THE RIPPER

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Wednesday