DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    So, The Journey to 700 lb ft Torque begins
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So, The Journey to 700 lb ft Torque begins
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Lunati

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of HS professor
posted Hide Post
Mike......... Why aren't you over on yellowbullet showing them how it's done ??

https://www.yellowbullet.com/t...page-3#post-73987424

Posts: 1421 | Location: Monroe twp nj | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HS professor:

I don't want it to turn into a big deal like dipping in the 5's with a set of out of the box 23 degree Brodix T1's sbc cylinder heads, at 3200 lbs.

It's not a big deal unless you make it one.

https://www.chevelles.com/thre...-make-tq-hp.1165324/

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Luvtruck
posted Hide Post
quote:

LOL.....you know why

Posts: 242 | Location: Vanceboro NC | Registered: February 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Luvtruck:
quote:

LOL.....you know why

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
As far as performance goes, you won't find another 10:1 pump gas compression 489/496 Big Block Chevrolet making 744 hp at 7500 rpm's, with a street friendly solid roller camshaft with a 252 intake duration, and a 260 exhaust duration. This is the original version.

Lunati, ask for Alex

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
If I'm reading this right, you not only have the fastest small block in the world, but now the best 496 also ? Dang .........

Posts: 622 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bob Deniker:
If I'm reading this right, you not only have the fastest small block in the world, but now the best 496 also ? Dang .........

If history tells us anything, it'll be awhile until we see another 10:1 compression 489/496 Big Block Chevrolet making 744 hp at 7500 rpm's, with street friendly camshaft duration in the 250's 260's.

This is the original version.

By crying, lying and denying.

It is what it is.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

DRR Pro
Picture of HS professor
posted Hide Post
quote:

If history tells us anything, it'll be awhile until we see another 10:1 compression 489/496 Big Block Chevrolet making 744 hp at 7500 rpm's, with street friendly camshaft duration in the 250's 260's.

I'm still confused why you don't post this record breaking combo over on Yellowbullet ?? Seems they would all love to see the spectacular numbers of such a simple combo. OH I get it now......... They wouldn't believe it Razz

When can we expect to see a timeslip from this said 744 hp ???

Racetracks don't lie.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Monroe twp nj | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I'm still confused why you don't post this record breaking combo over on Yellowbullet ?? Seems they would all love to see the spectacular numbers of such a simple combo. OH I get it now......... They wouldn't believe it Razz

Racetracks don't lie.

There's no authority on yellow bullet I've seen. Name one authority of horsepower on Yellow Bullet with a set out of the box Brodix or AFR 23 degree sbc cylinder heads in the 5's, 1/8 mile, n/a, @ 3200 lbs ? The most common combo in the history of drag racing.

You can't.

I'm the only to do that, and I built the engine, transmission and ring & pinion. .

Fact.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Luvtruck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
quote:
quote:

Racetracks don't lie.

There's no authority on yellow bullet I've seen. Name one authority of horsepower on Yellow Bullet with a set out of the box Brodix or AFR 23 degree sbc cylinder heads in the 5's, 1/8 mile, n/a, @ 3200 lbs ? The most common combo in the history of drag racing.

You can't.

I'm the only to do that, and I built the engine, transmission and ring & pinion. .

Fact.

None of your so called claims can be confirmed!
The weight of the car and of course your claim of OTB heads and custom welded intake......don't forget that ONE fuzzy time slip LOL

Posts: 242 | Location: Vanceboro NC | Registered: February 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Luvtruck:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Racetracks don't lie.

You can't.

Fact.

None of your so called claims can be confirmed!
The weight of the car and of course your claim of OTB heads and custom welded intake......don't forget that ONE fuzzy time slip LOL

You're jealous.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
The other thing is this. I built this engine the way I'd want it to be if I owned a muscle car, I drove to car shows on Saturday night.

If I had a muscle car, I'd want it to be fast and accelerate hard from traffic light, to traffic light. That's where the action is for a guy with a muscle car he drives to the local hamburger joint car show, on weekends.

I built it in a fashion, i'd want it. A guy that no prep races is a guy who can see and understand why this powerband will out accelerate most BBC 496 powerbands traffic light to traffic light, because he's a guy who understands the limitations of traction on the street.

The action (races) are traffic light to traffic light - muscle cars

Good bracket racing powerband too, 6200 - 6600 converter.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I'm gonna miss her

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Racetracks don't lie.

Sooner than you think Big talker

While I'm proving to *myself* what it will run with my engine, transmission and ring and pinion I assembled, lets make a friendly $100 bet on what it will run, in a 3500 lb car on a 10 x 28 tire.

What will it run 1/8 mile Big talker?

10:1 compression ratio.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
The Journey to 700 ft lbs is gonna need a shot of NOS to get there from 600 ft lbs

And no one really cares how fast it runs or in what car or who did the engine trans and rear or if your dog took a chit recently....

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SCDIV1:
The Journey to 700 ft lbs is gonna need a shot of NOS to get there from 600 ft lbs

And no one really cares how fast it runs or in what car or who did the engine trans and rear or if your dog took a chit recently....

I kinda changed approach once it dawned on me it could peter out at 6500 rpm's 252 260 duration camshaft, if I didn't port the heads.

Once I looked around a little I noticed the trend was a high torque number at low rpm.

Spinning the tires on the street ain't no fun. Acceleration on the street, is where the fun is at.

This ain't no fun. Unless you want your azz tore out the frame rails on the street by a Toyota Camry.