New
Find
Notify
Tools

Breaking News
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted
John Force Racing has pulled the plug for this season.

Next up NHRA

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Do you have a link to the news?

Posts: 497 | Location: N/A | Registered: December 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
This weekend marks the 2020 inauguration of the F1 season, in Austria. Of course it's spectator-less, everybody wearing mask and social distancing in the pits. I guess F1 is a little better funded than JFR.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
No official announcement yet but its all over FB that he informed his employees today that they are done for the year.
The thing that people have to remember is that John Forces only income is from drag racing, when those sponsor checks quit coming in he had no income and was purging money. Kalitta and DSR both have large multi billion/million dollar companies that continue to bring them income no matter what the drag racing teams are doing

Posts: 2431 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I have seen tons of rumors on Facebook,but no actual confirmation.

If true,I can't see any NHRA National Events happening without him.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
It is true

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Ed, you’re supposed to bring us good news, not bad news. Two Thumbs down

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5310 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Vern, There’s not a whole lot of good news to be found this year for most people. I’m afraid more bad news is coming.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
With the current surge with Covid and depending on how these 2 races in Indy go, my bet is all the National events will be cancelled. Just hope the divisional races continue as planed.

Posts: 2431 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
I gotta see something more than a rumor to believe this.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
not a rumor, FACT!

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
Him and Leno should do a comedy special.

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Bruce Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TD3550:
Him and Leno should do a comedy special.

Looking for the like button!!

Those two would be hysterical together!

Bruce Lee Cool

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.

Posts: 2035 | Location: Chandler Arizona | Registered: August 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
not a rumor, FACT!

Where is your source? Rumors are out there but not confirmed by anybody. I asked Robert on twitter and he said bull shot.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
not a rumor, FACT!

Until John Force or his camp say it, it's a rumour. What makes you an insider? Show your source.

I'm probably losing my local track and haven't raced for two years at least because of a few reasons, That doesn't make me less important than you. Made my first passes in 1985. I got kicked out because I was a week over 17. Had to be 18 years old to race. Four classes back then.

If NHRA, bracket racing and Atco go away, I'll sell my house and find water property, which I should have done from get go!

Rant over, but I agree with you, local bracket racing will be dead. I don't know when but I can't see how it can last.

What's happening at LV?

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
M120,
Maybe local bracket racing will die but the big money bracket races are going strong. They are running all over the country this weekend.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I like to see confirmation of stories like this,but enough credible people have posted on Facebook.I'm going with true.

Even CNN -"The Most Trusted Name In News" always reports news with the disclaimer "IF TRUE."

I think it is true.Press release should follow shortly.I even heard Mike Salinas parked it too.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:
I like to see confirmation of stories like this,but enough credible people have posted on Facebook.I'm going with true.

Even CNN -"The Most Trusted Name In News" always reports news with the disclaimer "IF TRUE."

I think it is true.Press release should follow shortly.I even heard Mike Salinas parked it too.

Which "credible" people are you referring too?

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd Staggs:
quote:

Like CNN always says........sources say.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd Staggs:
quote:

Like CNN always says........sources say.

Sorry but Force has been backed into a corner before when he lost sponsors. He keeps coming back.