DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Cost of fuel vs I'm done.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cost of fuel vs I'm done.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
The minute you leave California the fuel price drops to 5.50! We saw 7.00$ in ca.
Best we saw in Idaho and Nevada was 5.39. Bit of a relief? Not much…

One would think it would slow big rigs… nope ! 70-80 mph!
Saw a huge number of alligators on the highway. No thanks.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4490 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Drag racing is just like getting high. Some get high no matter how much it costs.

Some get high in moderation.

It's an addiction like any other addiction.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
You mean like this. He didn't know what he hit.
I have some here where as the brake chambers were ripped off... A mess.

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TD3550:
You mean like this. He didn't know what he hit.
I have some here where as the brake chambers were ripped off... A mess.

Ding ding. We have a winner!
Last night heading down out of the Sierra. We were smelling brakes and seeing light smoke. 18 wheeler about 1/8 mile in front of us, Trailer brakes erupt into fire! He got it stopped but holt crap!

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4490 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Nitzsche
posted Hide Post
I'm in the "racing" business everyday, but I don't get to race often. Racing for me is a vacation. I have two cars and lots of equipment I bring with me whenever I go racing. I don't know when I'll stay home, but $6 a gallon diesel ain't gonna do it yet.

Posts: 1364 | Location: Lansing,Mi | Registered: March 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
Diesel is $5.99 a gal here. I'm glad my car is still not together and I'm in no hurry to finish it now. I'll be back, one day.

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 739 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
If the price of fuel at the pump keeps you from going racing, you’ve been in over your head for a long time.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RPROGAS:
Gas price in El Cajon, Ca this morning was $6.599, diesel was $6.995.

I can attend two (2) NHRA LODRS events (total of 6 days) or spend 7 days in Kauai Hawaii with my wife. Not hard to figure that one out, especially when she gets to vote.

Bob
Bob i took the wife to Cabo last week instead of going to Boise for the Divisional race.

Posts: 1708 | Location: Portland,Oregon | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
My tow vehicle is just under $0.50 a mile in fuel prices now. If it gets to $1 a mile I’d limit my events to 500 miles at most one way. I easily do over 10k miles towing a year. Like I posted before, these fuel prices are just temporary.

October 2021 I paid $164 for a barrel of Methanol. Yesterday it was $189 when I got it.

I have less time than money, and all this is just a bump in the road for my racing desires.

Posts: 2453 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
EXACTLY!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Jerry Kathe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Like I posted before, these fuel prices are just temporary.

I appreciate your optimism, but you may want to read this link....and if you truly understand the economy, you will also understand how this affects virtually all commerce at both large AND small scale.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/d...transition-out-loud/

Jerry Kathe

Posts: 138 | Location: SW Ohio | Registered: November 11, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
One man’s opinion. ^^^

Meanwhile, I ain’t scared and fuel prices at the pump will in no way effect my "God given rights, our constitutional right to LIFE, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness"

I will continue to pursue my happiness bracket and class racing with my son. We’re not here for a long time, we’re here for a good time!

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jerry Kathe:
quote:
Like I posted before, these fuel prices are just temporary.

I appreciate your optimism, but you may want to read this link....and if you truly understand the economy, you will also understand how this affects virtually all commerce at both large AND small scale.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/d...transition-out-loud/

Markemark is right fuel prices are temporary, they'll be pre 1970 once the plebs are out of the market and elites limo's and Lear Jets are the only to get fueled.

You don't know Jack if you don't know this is coming.

Everything starts in California.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
....and if you truly understand the economy...

It's truly amazing how many continue to think it's business as usual. Naturally I hope I'm the one that's delusional, but time will tell. History gives us the blueprint. In our lifetime we have only known milk and honey and living in the here and now it's easy to ignore the inevitable cycles.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
You are delusional!

The vast majority of those posting here aren’t even good bracket racers yet we appear to have scholars in history, economics, politics and government posting here, who knew a meaningless Internet forum would attract such great minds. Didn't think of that BlahBlah

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canted Valve:
quote:
....and if you truly understand the economy...

It's truly amazing how many continue to think it's business as usual. Naturally I hope I'm the one that's delusional, but time will tell. History gives us the blueprint. In our lifetime we have only known milk and honey and living in the here and now it's easy to ignore the inevitable cycles.

15 days to flatten the herd.

The sad part of the many who believe it'll be business as usual anytime soon, is they're obviously suffering from Stockholm syndrome.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
I'm delusional!

The vast majority of those posting here aren’t even good bracket racers, including myself.
Didn't think of that BlahBlah

Thanks for the brief moment of non-fake drama.

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2539 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Broke dyck let me know when your shytbox parked for nearly 2 years is track worthy and I’ll meet you at any big $ race east of the Mississippi. Put your car in the other lane put a dial in on the window and I’ll run you for $10k off the trailer, One run!

Now let’s hear all your excuses why you won’t loser!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
We've all seen your worthless keyboard dribble. You can take your frivolous BS chicken shyt wagers & shove them. As evident from your $10K welch with Brian8X4N.

As for you staying East of the Mississippi, where were you when I was racing East of the Mississippi. We know the answer, you were being a scared B1tch Loser! Razz

quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
Line up with you, a pathetic loser is not worth my time. Grow some B A L L S Boy & take your Firechicken on the road. You do all the calling out, but you don't want to leave your backyard. As for me travelling for my racing program, you are clueless! Been on the East Coast 3 times raced at 5 or 6 different tracks. Raced in IA., MI., TX., multiple years & many different tracks. I can't leave out the 5 or 6 states I race at out West.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: B KING,

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2539 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Broke dyck I never Welch because I never had a call out with Brian8X4N who ever the fuc that is!

So again p u s s y let me know when your shytbox parked for nearly 2 years is track worthy and I’ll meet you at any big $ race east of the Mississippi. Put your car in the other lane put a dial in on the window and I’ll run you for $10k off the trailer, One run!

your pathetic excuses won’t help you loser!