DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Quaker City Motorsports Park
Page 1 ... 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 ... 245
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quaker City Motorsports Park
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Nyce to see Dan Swindell running around there on Saturday.

Posts: 230 | Location: Fairmont, WV | Registered: November 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Nice would be seeing they hire someone to run the place.

Posts: 212 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
rumor mill is going crazy this past wknd...and with the lack of updates i fear the rumor to be true!!we shall see.alot of things are adding up now!! Banging Head

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
please explain Bill......

Life is Short....Live it without Regrets

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation
El Paso Mexican Restaurant

Posts: 527 | Location: East Liverpool, Ohio | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
anyone know someone that might have a 496 short block for sale? I am taking the motor to Frank Kobl this week but have realized that I need a back up even if the current motor can be fixed. I know you Dragster guys used to run the 496 combination in past years...anyone got one collecting dust that is good?

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation

Posts: 527 | Location: East Liverpool, Ohio | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Jim how about a 582? I got one of those.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of ex-FairmontRacer351
posted Hide Post
Culp, I want to help. I'll let ya steal this one for 7K. Just Freshened, Carb to pan, Should make @750 H.P. Can hear run!!

Posts: 817 | Location: Bainbridge, Ohio | Registered: September 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
Andy,

Looks like a good deal...however, I will have to pass. Not interested in the power steering. LOL. Like the finned valve covers and the formerly chromed air cleaner...This looks like a motor you should sell Yuk for that car he recently bought...LOL

Clint,

Text me the specifics and the price. What type of block, pistons, etc.

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
WELL, WELL ,WELL, Mr. culp. For why pray tell do you think you would need a backup motor. HUMMMM. Andy, yuk, Marvin how many backup motors do you guys have. (GONE FISHIN MADMAN.)

Posts: 411 | Location: Pa | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by quartermilemadnessman:
WELL, WELL ,WELL, Mr. culp. For why pray tell do you think you would need a backup motor. HUMMMM. Andy, yuk, Marvin how many backup motors do you guys have. (GONE FISHIN MADMAN.)

You should be able to count them Madman. Just pull up to the nearest boat and ask to see their anchor.

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by quartermilemadnessman:

Says the man with two broken cars that went through three motors last year.....LOL....

I thought this was a "racers" forum....not for boaters and campers...what the heck are you doing on here Madman...LOL....miss us don't ya. I see why you fish, Fish are stupid...maybe its like hanging with the blue oval army.

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation

DRR Sportsman
Picture of ex-FairmontRacer351
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CulpK348:

I see why you fish, Fish are stupid...maybe its like hanging with the blue oval army.

Keep flappin your jaws like this and next time your Chevy breaks we're not gonna help ya push it out of the lanes, bring batteries,jumper boxes,chargers,or push it on the trailer, etc.,etc!!! No No no good rotten censored censored donkey faced censored censored weasel eyed censored censored!!!....better keep AAA's number handy!!!

Posts: 817 | Location: Bainbridge, Ohio | Registered: September 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
whatcha want for that 582 mr greeny?

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CulpK348
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ex-FairmontRacer351:
quote:
Originally posted by CulpK348:

I see why you fish, Fish are stupid...maybe its like hanging with the blue oval army.

Keep flappin your jaws like this and next time your Chevy breaks we're not gonna help ya push it out of the lanes, bring batteries,jumper boxes,chargers,or push it on the trailer, etc.,etc!!! No No no good rotten censored censored donkey faced censored censored weasel eyed censored censored!!!....better keep AAA's number handy!!!

LOL....A smart "FISH" would have taken pictures, but nothing exists does it.....LOL....

Sponsored by:

Calcutta Auto Parts
Team MOJO Foundation

DRR Trophy
Picture of Bowtiebobby
posted Hide Post
WTF is the problem at that track? Why are there 15 to 20 minute breaks between the classes and no announcer because the announcer guy has to work the front of the staging lanes for a while?

First you have a delay because of the timing system, again, and need to get the former owner to fix the problem? Isn't that a new timing system that was installed after the former owner owned the track? Why does he know more than the current owner about the track timing system?

Then after 3 hours, you have delays between running each of the classes and when I left at 11 pm, you had not finished the second round of eliminations. I was not aware that I was at Norwalk's 10 grander. WTF.

Is JR spending too much time announcing his woes on facebook and not enough time MANAGING the track operations?

Got an idea for ya, hire one guy, only one, that can run the staging lanes, follow the cars up the hill and put down the water, be the starter, clean up the oil downs on his gator, and when he gets to the end of the track on the gator, he can pass out the run tickets too.. then start all over again with the next pair. THAT MIGHT ACTUALLY BE QUICKER THAN THE PROGRAM LAST SATURDAY!!!!

Posts: 106 | Location: Sitting in the Luxury Box on the Opposite Side of the Track | Registered: May 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Haven't been to track in years. What a mess, made for a long day. Waiting for 42 to open

Posts: 4 | Location: ohio | Registered: March 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
all this talk about 42..blah blah freaking blah..unless they pay 2000 or better per week my arse wont make that long haul..neither will most others. so go pound salt somewhere else..quaker is our home and we will support it regardless of the issues we may have..you really think that young kid wanted to work on that starting line for 2 hours while everybody watched?how easy would it have been for him to say f it send em home. but instead he worked on it with dan and mr miller and others,got it fixed and we raced. and yes it was late,but most of us plan on staying late and using our rvs lq trailers etc..THANK YOU AJ AND COMPANY FOR WORKING YOUR ARSES OFF... Double Thumbs up

Photobucket

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
now update the points please..

Photobucket

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Eliminating one round of time trials would have been a smart move. Coulda still did second qualifying round between rounds of racing in bracket program.
I am going to Norwalk this weekend for the real thing.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Bill, you forgot your knee pads again. Eek

Bottom line is the timing system has been broke most of the year! And makes down time EVERY weekend because its broke. There are enough things that can go wrong at a race track. Timing system shouldn't be one.

Posts: 212 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post