DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Quaker City Motorsports Park
Page 1 ... 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 ... 245
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quaker City Motorsports Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of ex-FairmontRacer351
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NEOHIO25:
Congrats to Albert Donell for winning Friday AND Saturday night.
And getting down to 3 cars Sunday at mags.

Congrats Albert!!..he sure had a great weekend!!.
Jerry Donell loaded me up 1st. rnd. Sat. .001 MOV. not worthy Banging Head censored

Posts: 817 | Location: Bainbridge, Ohio | Registered: September 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Bowtiebobby
posted Hide Post
After seeing the Clusterf#$K that occurred on Saturday with the Q16 and Sunday with the large car count, what is the chance that upcoming box/no box race is not going to be run the same way? I witnessed too much downtime due to track cleanup taking too long. I left after you called the Q16 and you had not even run the second round of bracket cars. That was around 10:00 pm.

Also, someone has to find a way to run the programs more efficiently. There are long pauses in the program and I cannot figure out why. Cool down time should not have been an issue this past weekend.

Having Jrs in the lane at 8:30 pm was a mistake as well. At that time, safety has to be a major concern. Many race cars do not have headlights and the Jrs should not have to worry about being seen that late at night so that they are not hit by a full sized race car.

I suggest someone take a long look at the program, identify the inefficiencies and correct them soon before it begins to effect car counts, if it hasn't already. If you do not have the expertise to do so, hire someone to watch the program the next few weeks and help you identify where the changes need to be made. It was a good turnout this past weekend, but the track has to figure out how to handle large car counts if you want the profits from large car counts. I heard you started the racers meeting suggesting that everyone bring someone else....well, you need to improve the operation if you want people that come to stay.

Good Luck.

Posts: 106 | Location: Sitting in the Luxury Box on the Opposite Side of the Track | Registered: May 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I think there was at least an hour if not 2 hours pissed away by the Q16 prima donnas parading down ONE LANE for time trials.

Posts: 63 | Location: youngstown, oh | Registered: February 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
You got that right Bowtiebobby. Wasn't there Saturday, but Sunday was a joke. I had a few other events I was planning on coming to this year, but after that piss poor run show Sunday I'll be rethinking that.

Posts: 35 | Location: northern ohio | Registered: December 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Prima donnas? Ouch!!! While some of the blame does go on the racers, where or who is the person at the track to say send two cars. Somebody on the starting line or in the tower needed to tell head of staging we are not running them one at a time. This is just another problem the track has failed to take control over. Somebody with drag racing knowledge needs to be put in charge before its too late. I am afraid car counts are already showing the effects.

Posts: 150 | Location: Sittin at 660. | Registered: November 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
If I didn't live so far away I would come on down and see if I could lend a hand....although I am sure not everyone would agree my way was the best. Hoping for the best for everyone.

Clint Daley

Posts: 118 | Location: Midwest USA | Registered: April 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
nighthawk, it's nice to know you still keep up on the happenings at the quake. You did run a tight ship back in the day. The track has gone threw alot of changes since those days.we have had nasty times in the past and got threw them to only get better.My dad used to tell me (you have to learn to walk before you can run)that is what the track is going threw as we speek.We have good people that own the track now.they are comitted to make it work.The track surface is incredable.we have new buildings ,restrooms track equipment and a staff that gets better every week.we are always well known for the grassey pits and are as well kept as ever.I will speek my point about last weeks program shortly as i was exited and disapointed all in the same day.Clint ,if your ever in town please stop at the track .you have alot of friends here.

Posts: 411 | Location: Pa | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of Bowtiebobby
posted Hide Post
Quartermilemadnessman, you apparently are part of the operating staff at the track based upon your recent posts. If you recognize there are problems with running a large program like was present during both Saturday and Sunday this past weekend, then you have to also recognize that something needs to change in the way that the track is handling the programs. This is not efficient and needs to be in order to make money. My point to my earlier post is that someone needs to evaluate the programs and where the delays happen, begin fixing the issues and continue to evaluate the efficiency of the programs. This management group has been running the track for three years. How long does it take to understand that you can't have one guy with oil dry and three kids on the back of a gator watching him clean up? The person I saw doing the clean-up I believe was the track manager....what the heck is he doing the work for when you have 3 kids on the back watching. He should be the one directing the work and making sure it is done right not doing it himself.

I am not trying to bash the track, just pointing out the obvious errors that need fixed if the track plans to stay in business and make money. I really like the place and you are right, the track surface is great, the concession food is fantastic, the new bathrooms appear to be nice, and the pits are the greatest around, but if you cannot run an efficient program then it will be the nicest "PARK" around the area because you will not have the race cars and the business to support the track.

Get someone to analyze the problems that is not a racer there and help identify the areas that need improvement and management needs to listen to them regardless of the outcome of the analysis if they want the track to improve. Based upon other posts on this thread, you might ask "Shawn Pinkerton" as he seems to understand how to run a race track. Not sure if he is a racer though and if he is at this track, that would not be a good idea. A lot of competition this year for drivers as Thompson and Magnolia have stepped up their game and are attracting racers that are disappointed with the operations at QCMP.

Posts: 106 | Location: Sitting in the Luxury Box on the Opposite Side of the Track | Registered: May 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of excessive braker
posted Hide Post
well from all the "great" comments i heard from the qcmp racers that came to mags on sunday and monday the track sounds like qcmp doing a great job running their program Rolling

This message has been edited. Last edited by: excessive braker,

Posts: 71 | Location: Sliding at the cones | Registered: May 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
first and formost i am not a member of the track staff. just a concerned racer that wants a place to race my cars. Your timing on your last post bowtie is funny because i talked with norm about alot of these problems just last night. our problems start with the early cars. norm himself is making some corections this week with the tcr and jr's. tcr cars can go round robin and the jr's need just a short turn around time. all racers should pay atention this week because i think he's going to pick the the program up in general. last weeks program disapointed me a little but we did have 26 cars enter q16. if things would have went quicker early on i think the out come would have been much different.

Posts: 411 | Location: Pa | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
If they wouldn't have been running the q16 cars one at a time it would have went quicker. I know my car is giving me many reasons to stop racing but the slow program is what is making it worse and about to give up on both. Fishing is less stressful and can take breaks when they ain't bitting for a couple cold ones then go try again, racing doesn't work that way.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
We race JR's and were there on 5-18. We were supposed to start at 11AM, but did not start until 11:20 AM. The cars were in the lanes waiting to run every time they were called but nothing was going down the track. I know well over an hour was wasted on that day not counting the 20 minute delay on the start time. You can't go down the track if the head of staging wont let you out of the lanes. We hope to give it a try again at some point and I hope by then they can keep the cars moving. On this day it was not the JR's or TCR's fault, it was the lack of coordination of the people pulling cars.

Posts: 480 | Location: PA | Registered: February 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
i agree with what you say. We get called to the lanes but it's like no one wants get started. i don't no if they are loading us in the computor or just waiting for a certain time to start. maybe we should wait a little and then be the ones to find out why. after talking to norm last night i believe you will see the problem solved. they don't want us to hold up the program and we don't want to set and wait.we wanna race and get done also.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
LOL, Bobby , after reading your posts, you must either be the owner of Quaker City Motorsports Park, or his wife...(both being doubtful). I say this because you seem to have such deep insight into the personal agenda of the venue owner(s) business objectives. I am curious, when did you sit down with the owner(s) and review books or their business plans...please fill us in....what profit or loss was targeted?

Frankly, you are wearing your business ignorance on your sleeve when you state "make money" , maybe the objective is to lose money. One can only speculate that the owner is more interested in gathering up a few toys, writing off a few racing hobby expenses and perhaps having a little fun running a "cash" business....I doubt the word profit is of concern....Come on, get real, what the max investment in the venue? 750k? Do you really think a true business man is going to sweat what 750k is producing in profits...I know it would be pretty low on my totem pole since 50% of the investment is real estate, what's the worst? Think about what you are typing before you type...you thinkth by the inch while you typeth by the mile....even if the venue was packed full of spectators and racers...what's the maximum profits to be derived? Believe me when I say this...one would do much better with a series of McDonalds, Perkins or Subway's locations.

Your postings have peeked my curiosity related to your self proclaimed business operations expertise...I am curious, what major entities have you founded, acted as CEO or sat on the Board recently? I would love to review those books...LOL....I doubt there is a "yes" to any of the above capacities....get a life brother...the owner(s) are nice enough to let racers run their cars on his property...this is America he can run the facility in any fashion he desires, I could care less if he stated "we are going to take a break every hour on the hour and set off fireworks".... if I didn't like it, I would go elsewhere...I happen it like it...I think its rather enjoyable to be a long drawn out affair....but then...after all....I do not need to run back and tend to all the business affairs that a mover and shaker such as yourself would be a tending too...Honestly, if there was a "real" business in your life, you wouldn't be at a race track, nor would you have the time to think about a racecar or a race track or posting ramblings within the blogosphere, and you surely wouldn't be worried about a 750k investment in Salem, OH. Believe me, I was there at one point in life, before I became No Job Bob.

In closing.....I may stand corrected after you share your business achievements, however it is doubtful there is anything to share, I know this will be a difficult pill to swallow, but please try to understand you are making a fool of yourself to anyone that truly understands how to make real money, please try to mind your own business (no pun intended).

Oh yeah....allmoest fourgot.....REMAIN CLAM!

Posts: 9 | Location: pa | Registered: February 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Thanks to Bobby for giving my phone a workout yesterday. I appreciate the vote of confidence but not interested in that gig.

How come all I have seen is "we're sorry" and "we agree" to every problem but never any solutions? This is season 3 for the owners. No more excuses on the basics of a drag race program. The track in 3 years should understand by now how to run a program with minimizing downtime by loading cars properly and have them ready to race. What's the issue with the junior program that you can't be on the track by 11:00am. What's the issue with getting them in the lanes and ready to run? I thought we were told in March that this would not be a problem? Now I have not been to the track in 2 weeks but last trip out that tree still was not properly blinded. After all the discussions and explanations, plus individuals volunteering their time and materials to help, the track still has not corrected that as of my last trip out. How about the issues lane to lane? Were those issues still there this week? Did the roll out, beam heights, lenses and alignments get checked? The track made an effort to ask a lot of questions and had 4 full days without cars to get that issue fixed. Why is it that whenever the track has the chance and spotlight to move the program 2 steps forward and showcase itself to new racers that it manages to take huge leaps backwards? You have a solid program, the payouts are inline with other tracks but your issue in execution continues to be the weak link.

George, what happened to the quick 16 program? You are the man in charge, correct? Is this still the case? Are you the man in charge of seeing the program is run smooth, cars on the track, ladders in place and overall organization? If not, who is the man in charge? That person should be pulling the information off the tech cards and calling those guys to apologize and explain what changes will be made to your next quick 16 and getting feed back to help make the program smoother. Sad when you got a dragster that is qualified into your show that packs up and leaves without caring about the money out of his pocket for entry and cost to make 2 runs. I think that guy would be my 1st phone call.

You can buy a run down McDonalds and change the decor. You can add marble floors, provide good china and silver, linen covered tables with high back leather seating, white gloved waiting staff and valet parking but if you put a Big Mac on the plate, you still just have a McDonalds.

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Shawn, great input...If I was the owner, and I am not..and I was to share my personal agenda with you, which I never would, here would be my responses to your input.

We're sorry - We will change topic - Answer: Simply appeasing the masses, keep em' coming in the gate, suckers!

Tree issues - roll out etc..topic - Answer: too much work for a pair of socks...cash will continue to roll in the gate, I will milk it to the bitter end and then crush it...if I get at least 75k a summer out of it in cash I will be perfectly content.

George topic: Answer: Unless George's name is on the deed...I am the man in charge.

Racer leaving after qualifying - Answer...This is great, increased my cash intake, less work. All the while thinking , I wish they would all leave this easy, then I wouldn't have to pay all these damn employees for extra hours...damn, I wish it would rain after first round.

Regarding McDonalds - I have been deeply involved. Decor has very little effect on profits, interesting enough, kiddy land and Rest Rooms do..... Consumers know exactly what they are going to get when they order, they want the grease, they could care less about the appearance of the floor, excluding when bringing children. It's a proven fact.

Pleeeeeze remain CLAM

Posts: 9 | Location: pa | Registered: February 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of N2Ofrog
posted Hide Post
Damn...tough crowd around here. No job bob should just run the track, and he can turn it into Norwalk in a month or lose enough money to make his accountant happy with his knowledge and savvy.

I think quartermilemadnessman has done a great job putting the Q16 program together and I thank him for that--I thought the turnout was excellent, the bump spot was pretty good and I know a lot of the racers are appreciative to have a Q16 to run in the area.

I ran the Q16 and my kids ran in the junior program. This was only my 2nd trip to Quaker in the past 4 years. As always the facility was nice,the track was decent(tho did notice a pretty big difference lane to lane) and the people were great. I'll just echo what the others have said-the program doesn't move as quickly as it does at other tracks and there is an overall lack of organization and/or leadership. Hopefully they are open to listening to their customers and making the improvements the racers(customers) are asking for. They've done so much to improve the track and facility and seem to be on the cusp of really being able to get over the hump and get the track back to what it used to be.

Posts: 929 | Location: Columbia Station, OH | Registered: January 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
NJB, your observation seems to be spot on as far as the actions that seem to speak louder than words. Did you make the meeting in March? I don't remember seeing you there and if you were, I apologize for not saying hello. Profits were stressed and efficiency in the program was stressed. In fact, they were so important that the meeting started with the racers being told to bring a friend as the owner needs to realize a return on his investment. Not sure about how you do business but generally some pleasantries are exchanged with a "thank you for coming" or "good to see everyone" in an effort to show some sort of appreciation. The owner sat on the wall, nodding his head in approval and finally spoke on the issues of getting the races run timely. Unless I missed something, he shared his agenda on what his plans were. Increase efficiency, increase car counts and increase his return on investment.

As for my questions directed to George, he was the man. It was his baby, his show and he was the man of the minute at the meeting. "If you have questions or want to give money, see George as he was in charge of the Quick 16" was the information given to everyone at the meeting. Maybe this changed once George put all the sponsors together and handed money to the track. I guess we can let George answer that question.

I guess you can help someone market the product, but if they can't execute what they have marketed to the masses, the customers don't return. When you got 4 more quick 16 races left and people not coming back or your regular racers that are the masses you appease pulling out of the gate, do you become happy with the reduction in the ROI?

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of N2Ofrog
posted Hide Post
NJB's business plan is likely not sustainable...ask IHRA...

Posts: 929 | Location: Columbia Station, OH | Registered: January 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Bowtiebobby
posted Hide Post
NJB II - obviously you were not there or you would have known this to be the owners stated plan. Don't stress efficiency in the racing program, then have a weekend like this last one and not expect complaints.

On the other topic, nice to know you are interested in my business background. Although it is irrelevant to this conversation, I doubt you would believe me regarding my background and probably claim that I was lying about it. I did not become the success that I am the same way you did. I made my success providing a quality product for my customers, not screwing them over for maximum profits. My profit margins and my GPP is very high without sacrificing my business ethics. However, business can be done both ways...you obviously were a success at being an ARSE, but in my world I need to be face to face with CEOs/CFOs that have business spending accounts/authorizations much larger than your net worth. I continue to work for their companies as a result of my business integrity and ethics, which is something you obviously know nothing about.