DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Quaker City Motorsports Park
Page 1 ... 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 ... 245
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quaker City Motorsports Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of RB72Duster
posted Hide Post
Just got back from the track. All I can say is wow! I haven't seen a program run that smoothly and efficiently at Quaker in a loooong time. Even though the car count wasn't there today, if they can keep running their program like that every week, the car counts will come.

Posts: 152 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Yes it went very smoothly and fast. Even though the car count was down atleast they saved some money by not having to turn the lights on. Good job and keep it up and the racers will come back.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
THE BOSS said he was going to take care of the problem and he did. i was late at 5 oclock and was in time for the final rounds. great job NORM.

Posts: 411 | Location: Pa | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Efficient = Running a 9hr program in 8-10 hrs.

Fast = 9hr program ran in 7hrs.

Racers want a efficient program. Not to be put on a clock, or ran in a round robin type format from start to finish!!

Glad to here this weekend was better than last. But there is a huge difference between efficient and fast (rushed).

Posts: 212 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of RB72Duster
posted Hide Post
It was efficient. It never seemed rushed to me. They didn't call round robin until after 3rd round. Dial ins always seemed correct, I think having the tower get them off the car instead of calling them up to the tower was a good call. I was usually in the first 10 cars in Mod and never felt like I was there for a long time. This could be because of the car count. We'll see what happens when car count is higher.

Posts: 152 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Good to here!!

But it is a fine line.

Posts: 212 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Good to hear this. Best of luck for a good turnout this weekend.

Posts: 35 | Location: northern ohio | Registered: December 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
are there jr's racing this weekend.

Posts: 411 | Location: Pa | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
You think these CLOWNS we got for RACE PROMOTER/OWNER are going to under stand afther this weekend they have no idea on how to run a SO CALLED BIG MONEY RACE..what a joke...they wonder why they did not have any cars...LOOK AT THE FLIER that will answer all yor question! How about the timing isssues heck they knew about it no for 3 weeks who do youn think is going to fix it DAN but wait we burned that bridge to.You guys need to wake up before it is to late..You guys need to get someone that knows what they HECK is going on..stood there and watch at least 10 pair of cars get screwed 3 round in the right lane and everyone just stood there and watched it happen or better yet watched there starter take his foot and try to trip the beam so the tree would start while there were two cars on the starting line damn i just hope they dont run all there business like this!! WAKE UP NORM FOX...

Posts: 8 | Location: sittin @ 1320 | Registered: September 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
And some of you guys used to ***** about Dan and Ann when they owned the track. I guess it wasn't so bad after all.

Posts: 3 | Location: Ohio | Registered: October 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Bowtiebobby
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by prostoc170:
And some of you guys used to ***** about Dan and Ann when they owned the track. I guess it wasn't so bad after all.

yep....mostly about the wabbit. She was the biggest problem at the track, Dan was just in heat and allowed her to make the decisions. It's amazing that this was brought up as it appears you have a very short memory or that you are one of their only fans.

Where's the wabbit now? Bet Dan regrets a lot of stuff right about now.

Posts: 106 | Location: Sitting in the Luxury Box on the Opposite Side of the Track | Registered: May 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
We have been going to Quaker City over 40 yrs. probably closer to 50 yrs. We have however only been to the track once since Norm has owned it.
I didn't say I was a fan of Dan & Ann. I just said we never had a problem with them. But we tend to mind our own business. We have helped sponsor 3 Q16's and all of them seemed to run well. If there was any problems we didn't hear about them and that was at the time that Dan owned the track. If some of the racers would let the owner run the track instead of them running the track maybe things would go smoother. If however they(people at the track)are having problems then they should seek help form some one like the Bader's or Jim Curtis that manages Thompson's. Thank you
Rant over!!!!!! Jim Davies Sr

Posts: 3 | Location: Ohio | Registered: October 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Wasn't Thompson the same track that just emailed their racers a pretty nasty message about car counts and payouts? That approach should certainly help this track out. Was it just rumor or didn't the Bader Family have Norm up at Norwalk and offer some guidance and advice before day 1 of opening the gates when he bought the place? Isn't the 3 stooges that Norm and AJ depend on for running the track the same Larry, Curly and Moe that Dan turned the place over to? The racers have known there has been an issue since day 1. Multiple racers have approached the track about the timing problem. Not sure why they wait until the Friday before an event to try to make changes to it to find out it's not fixed or been made worse.

There is still light at the end of this tunnel. Some phone calls, some training and a little housekeeping and they still have a chance. I think we can all live with working on the program but that's not going to matter if you don't fix the track. No one wants to spend money to be beat by a timing system.

FYI.... still not as bad as before. At least it's just the timing equipment that changes week to week.

Posts: 150 | Location: Sittin at 660. | Registered: November 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
We have only bee to the track since it was purchased like I said and that was last year. We haven't been out at all this year so if we could have we would certainly been at the Q16. I hope that they get there problems worked out because it can be a very good place to race. You are right no one wants to spend there hard earned money to not have the timing equipment working right or anything else at the track.
Jim Davies Sr

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
I went on Sunday and brought a friend from NY. While I had issues getting down the right lane..and noticed a difference in the tree also...I will say this. I had fun...very nice folks and a nice track. I won't change my set-up to run one track but I would consider going back and running the stop out longer than I did on Sunday. My friend got his roadster down with no troubles and finished in the semis. Would have been nice to see some more cars support this race. IMHO a garrantee on the pay out my have drawn more cars.

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Bowtiebobby
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by qcmpobsrvr:
There is still light at the end of this tunnel. Some phone calls, some training and a little housekeeping and they still have a chance. I think we can all live with working on the program but that's not going to matter if you don't fix the track. No one wants to spend money to be beat by a timing system.

FYI.... still not as bad as before. At least it's just the timing equipment that changes week to week.

Agree. I think all these things could be fixed and everyone would be very happy to continue racing there.

This race is plagued by the fact that it costs a lot of money and there is no payback unless you make the semis. I also think it suffers by comparison to the $10K nationals or the No Box race at Norwalk. Both of these races offer more for the entry fee. I know that Norwalk can do a lot of things that most other tracks can't do because of the large car counts they get, but these car counts did not just show up one day....it took years of these races and tons of promotion to attract that many racers. This race is too close to those races to not be compared to them. Maybe try another format that pays a little less on top, offers more pay spots with a little less cost at the gate. Also try having a pre-entry that locks in racers for that weekend, which means you need to advertise this race early....(promotion). The poll started on your website by culpkx48 should have given you some insight. Note the most responses were in the category of costs too much.

Ask Jeff Stewart how to run a big dollar race. He attends a bunch and even successfully hosted two races in the past that were well attended.

Posts: 106 | Location: Sitting in the Luxury Box on the Opposite Side of the Track | Registered: May 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Had the race been scheduled for this coming weekend, when PRP and Norwalk had special events on their calendars, I would think that would have drawn some cars over too.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Im looking for a place to rae this weekend with PRP and Norwalk having special events but I am a little worried after hearing all these stories, especially with a timing system. Why would I travel 2 hours and spend all that money to get screwed by a timing system and no one do anything about it. I might be better driving 3 hrs to Thompson or Mason Dixon.

89 Mustang GT - PX98
Rodeheavers Hotrod Shop

Posts: 728 | Location: Belle Vernon, PA | Registered: December 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Mike, just to let you know the Asphalt Wars cars will be racing at Thompson this Saturday so the entire show might be a little slower only because of the extra car count. Jim and his crew do a great job of moving the cars along though.

Posts: 474 | Location: Trinity, Florida | Registered: June 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Balaska347,call QCMP. Tell them you where thinking about coming. Heard the concerns. Ask if they called AccuTime.

If you race Sundays . Consider Magnolia.