DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Last two weeks should have been points. If you're not ready, too bad.

Posts: 199 | Location: PA | Registered: September 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
For those who have been wondering about the Box and No Box Shootouts for the Memorial Bash Weekend, so far I have the following.

Box:
1. Steve Hughes
2. Steve Hughes
3. Steve Hughes
4. Bill Prest
5. Scott Campbell

No Box:
1. AJ Casper
2. Mike Balaska
3. Brian Cireddu
4. AJ Casini
5. Scott Campbell
6. Jeff Stewart

I expect that we will get more entrants this week at the track, with us having TNT Thursday, Night at the Races and Pro Mods Friday, and first day of points on Saturday.

If anyone is interested in a spot, please email me at josh@pittsburghracewaypark.com to reserve your spot, and either mail a check to the track at:

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
538 Stone Jug Road
New Alexandria, PA 15670

Or bring cash or check to one of these events or another upcoming event. Please email me if you are interested and let me know if you are sending a check, as there are only 32 spots per race, and once they're gone, they're gone.

I will update as I get any entrants so everyone knows how many spots are left and who the competition is.

Posts: 114 | Location: Saltsburg, PA | Registered: September 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
This memorial day will be my 18th year in a row at the "Greatest Spectacle in Racing", the Indy 500.

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I'm looking forward to all of our racing this season. Mother Nature sure has been mean to us since teasing us with the first 2 weekends in April. I hope all our racedays are dry, except for July 17. Big Grin The Memorial weekend will be awesome. I'm going to see how my heap runs this weekend, and then if it's doing good, I'm hitting the shootout (if there will be an entry left) and will double enter at least on the $5k! One of the benefits of the all weekend racing is if that beotch acts up, we can roll the purse to the next day.

Don't forget about this Friday's Night at the Races and Pittsburgh Pro Mods too. Good chance to get some hits before Saturday's race, see some awesome quick doorslammers, and... Fox 53 will be there filming the action to use in upcoming PRP commericials!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Mr. Obvious
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tony Fagnilli:
This memorial day will be my 18th year in a row at the "Greatest Spectacle in Racing", the Indy 500.

I'm Jealous.....Obviously

with us it really is "Rocket Science"
www.mindsciencemotorsports.com

Posts: 161 | Location: Laural Hill Pa. | Registered: October 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Tony Fagnilli
posted Hide Post
Have you ever been there?

Posts: 953 | Location: pittsburgh | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of JordanPR22
posted Hide Post
What are the details for the night at the races bracket program? Payout, entry all that fun stuff! Should be a great night... mother nature better not piss me off....

Jordan Haase
PR22
MiROCK # 2253

2009 Honda CBR 600RR
1982 Kawasaki GPz 550
team HARD racing - 1320 Psychos

Brock's Performance - GMS Racing Engines - Z&M Cycles - M&M Leather - JW Kustomz

FOREVER 53

Posts: 165 | Location: Irwin, PA | Registered: January 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
jordon,
here is the link to the flyer for the friday night at the races.
hope this helps

friday night at the races

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the link Jeff.

To break it down:

2 separate classes
9.99 and faster
10.00 and slower

$30 entry
$20 re-entry (1st round losers only)

$600 W
$200 RU
$75 SEMI

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Ron lets get your name on the shootout list. Its good money for only 5 rounds. These shootouts are a blast to run in. No buy runs all racing to get the big money.

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Mr. Obvious
posted Hide Post
years ago when we ran @ the US Nats. we would tech @ the speedway on the 500 track. Amazing
site.

with us it really is "Rocket Science"
www.mindsciencemotorsports.com

Posts: 161 | Location: Laural Hill Pa. | Registered: October 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of JordanPR22
posted Hide Post
thanks Jeff, I did not see that info on the flyer for the bracket race. I will be there even if i am only watching cuz it should be a great night and weekend for that matter...

AJ thanks thats what I was looking for! Trying to get one of my bikes done for this...

Jordan Haase
PR22
MiROCK # 2253

2009 Honda CBR 600RR
1982 Kawasaki GPz 550
team HARD racing - 1320 Psychos

Brock's Performance - GMS Racing Engines - Z&M Cycles - M&M Leather - JW Kustomz

FOREVER 53

Posts: 165 | Location: Irwin, PA | Registered: January 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Chuck-AJ-Mark-- Maybe some of you could help me understand why IHRA would schedule a Pro-Am event, right after Rockingham, and on a Mothers Day ?? I can see why many of them didn't show up, plus, the weather just hasn't co-operated with us at all, especially this time of year. I think Greg has been working his tail off, to please us, and make for a successful year, both for the track, and the racers. There are some really great weekend races ahead for us, and you know how miserable mother nature can be, so I hope we don't get too many more wet weekends.REALLY- there's NOTHING we can do about it, except get pissed !!
I would think that IHRA should accept some of the blame, and do a better job of scheduling these events. I do hope we will support Greg in his decisions, and help our track become a success.

Dean Racing Engines
World Class Transmissions
87 Buick Regal

Posts: 116 | Location: Latrobe.Pa. | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Pro 301g
posted Hide Post
Hey Josh,
Add me for Sunday 30th and Monday 31st entry in box. Do we need to pre register for these??

Lou

Abruzzi Converters Advance Auto Parts
Wiseco Pistons
Dart Blocks
Ronald McDonald House Akron

Posts: 629 | Location: Home | Registered: February 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Dean we were just talking about that point. Why would IHRA do that? The only thing I can figure is they saw the money they made at the PRP ProAms in the past and tried to Double dip. Its the proverbial hand in the cookie jar. At some point you can run out of cookies.

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Just looked at the weather and looks like a nice weekend finally. Friday is a little up in the air with rain in the morning but I know Miller will be out piloting the jet if needed.

Will be nice for us to get outside and get some runs down the 1/4 mile. I know I need to let out some frustration with Mama Nature.

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Lou,

You only need to pre-register if you're entering the Box Shootout on Saturday night or the No Box Shootout on Sunday morning. The rest of the races you just pay when you get here, like a typical race. The shootout is only 32 cars, so once they're filled, that race is closed off to any other participants.

If you're just entering the regular box class races for Sunday and Monday, you will not need to pre-register.

Look forward to seeing you at PRP!

Thanks,

Josh

Posts: 114 | Location: Saltsburg, PA | Registered: September 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Just got an email from Mr. Cadamore, +1 for No Box.

Box:
1. Steve Hughes
2. Steve Hughes
3. Steve Hughes
4. Bill Prest
5. Scott Campbell

No Box:
1. AJ Casper
2. Mike Balaska
3. Brian Cireddu
4. AJ Casini
5. Scott Campbell
6. Jeff Stewart
7. Matt Cadamore

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Aj, this is not what the PRP web sight says...they have the classes set up like this: 10.99 and quiker and 11.00 and slower ..does anyone know whats going on or what!!!
quote:
Originally posted by AJ Casini:
Thanks for the link Jeff.

To break it down:

2 separate classes
9.99 and faster
10.00 and slower

$30 entry
$20 re-entry (1st round losers only)

$600 W
$200 RU
$75 SEMI

Posts: 26 | Location: blairsville,Pa | Registered: January 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
Hey Josh, enter me in the no box race. The field looks pretty weak so far. LOL.

Posts: 622 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post