DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Race Track Forums    Pittsburgh Raceway Park
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 716
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittsburgh Raceway Park
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TH383
posted Hide Post
I would be gettin on the pike off of 79. They have me getting off at exit 57 us-22e.

Posts: 829 | Location: PA | Registered: November 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Mark Romeo>
posted
He is coming from the "west" on the turnpike. From near Erie?... 57 to 22E is correct.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TH383
posted Hide Post
YES FROM ERIE AREA.

Posts: 829 | Location: PA | Registered: November 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Mark Romeo>
posted
I should have said Exit 57(Monroeville/Pittsburgh), and then get on 22 East follow for about 20 miles or so. The track will be on your right and you can't really miss it. There will be a big sign on your right. Also it will be about 3/4 of a mile past the second Sheetz gas station that you pass.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
It's official, Saturday Oct 21 is the rescheduled date for the no-box/box. Come for Saturday, stay for Sunday! Big Grin

Halloween info is posted now too.

Sorry TH, for some reason I thought you were coming from the east. I remember now you're up north, and run some over in OH. Mark is right on, after you come through the intersection with 981 (the second Sheetz), the track is 3/4 mile on the right.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Mark Albert Crash

For anybody that knows Mark Albert, builder and driver of his Top Alcohol Dragster from Pittsburgh, He has endured a horrible crash at Maple Grove this past weekend. The details of the wreck are a little sketchy, but he moved from the left lane to the right lane on two wheels into the concrete barrier, the motor exploded, caused an oil and alcohol fire, and quite a bang up. Racing stopped for the day so that the section of concrete could be replaced... that's how hard he hit!!!

He was burned on his hands, wrists, ankles, feet, face, head, and other parts as well. The fluids permeated the suit and safety equipment, causing alot of pain. He was in and out of consciousness, passing out from the pain, until they induced a coma to keep him out of shock. He is in a burn unit out near Reading right now, and he received an upgrade to about 30% of his body being burned. He was taken off of full ventilation, and put on partial breathing assistance. Skin graphs will start maybe later this week.

Mark is a nice guy, and he can use a bit of help. His medical won't cover the accident because of the racing involvement.

John Deangelis (Former Crewmember of Mike Koski TAD) has provided much of the above information, and was looking to reach out to the racing community for some ideas on how to help Mark. I offered to post here. We are looking for any ideas on how to help out a friend in need. Please email me or post here if you are able to help in any way.

Your consideration is appreciated!!!

Rich Paton III

THIS IS POSTED IN THE GENERAL DISCUSSION SECTION

Posts: 201 | Location: Jeannette, PA | Registered: January 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of jeffrey10x2
posted Hide Post
how about during the box/no box race, asking the tedesco's if you can pass a helmet to donate the proceeds to them for medical expenses.

Posts: 741 | Location: duncansville,pa | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Rich,

I thought since it was at an NHRA and he was an NHRA licensed driver that NHRAs insurance covered the medical?

If that is not the case then certainly we need to help out.

AJ

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Triple Nickel II
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AJ Casini:
I thought since it was at an NHRA and he was an NHRA licensed driver that NHRAs insurance covered the medical?

Here is the applicable information from http://www.nhra.com/insurance/

==============

INSURANCE SUMMARY

In the event an NHRA MEMBER PARTICIPANT (as defined in the policy) is accidentally injured at a covered NHRA Member Track event, the previously described coverages would be in effect for eligible medical expenses in the following order, and as applicable:

* Any other medical coverage available to a participant applies up to the limits of that policy or plan.
* The NHRA Member Track insurance responds to the next $15,000 of medical costs.
* The NHRA Member/Catastrophic Medical insurance applies in excess of the NHRA Member Track insurance up to a total limit of $485,000.

==============

With the nature of his reported injuries, the medical bills will blow through $500K pretty quickly.

Posts: 1590 | Location: Ohio | Registered: September 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Yeah I can see the bills blistering through that mark. I was unsure on the extent that NHRA would cover. They can certainly use help and with the bond that all racers have with one another he should have no trouble getting help from all.

AJ

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Stay tuned to the PRP site for some nice changes for the Halloween weekend. I don't know if it's 100% official yet, but it's looking like Saturday and Sunday BOTH will be $1250 to win in EACH box and no-box!

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Heres the flyer for GGG

http://www.pittsburghracewaypark.com/PDFS/GhostGobGear_2006.pdf

AJ

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
well here you go aj..complete racing operation for sale tk dragster and trl and 30 ft rv for sale!!!!!and we know you fit in it.50k for everything but jr.or 20 for t/k car,3 for trl,27 for rv..

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Mark Romeo>
posted
What kind of trailer is it? Willing to sell seperately?

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
1991 pace american,26ft w/4ft man door on each side,gen compartment,l-shaped cabinets,wired,+2 12v lights on celing.3k or 4k with tuff tow.also has electric tongue,

Photobucket

Posts: 3065 | Location: pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Rich, any further details on Mark's condition? NHRA's site had this little note:
Top Alcohol Dragster competitor Mark Albert, 47, of Baldwin, Pa., remains in stable condition at LeHigh Valley Hospital in Allentown, Pa., following an accident during the Toyo Tires NHRA Nationals. He was transported by helicopter to the burn center with burns to his face, hands and legs.

I'm up for passing the helmet.

<Mad Dog>
posted
When did this happen?

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Maple Grove, Friday night, second qualifying session. There's a post over in General Discussion that includes details on what happened, directly from the Albert family.

I'll take this as an opportunity to bring up DRAW. Please contribute to them if you can.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Hey Rich, I ate Mexican for lunch today, and my white shirt survived! Big Grin

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I don't believe that!?

Posts: 37 | Location: Ford City, Pa | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post