DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Team Woodfin Camaro, "Lamplighter"
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Team Woodfin Camaro, "Lamplighter"
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Looks good!
Little Chief does nice work!

Word to the wiser, add a retention wire/sash chain to the fuel cell cap if it doesn't have one internally. I wised up after loosing two!

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Looking good. Wheel tubs look great. I second the retention wire on the cap.

BG

Posts: 759 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
what's with the leash for your fuel cell caps? I ain't lost one yet in 14 years with 3 different cars. Pay attention to what you are doing and you won't loose a cap.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Ed, I agree. Never lost a fuel cap nor oil cap even though both are screw-on without tethers.

I prefer the screw on fuel cap, in my opinion, it is much easier to work with than the lever lock style.

Also, I buy the JAZ cells as blanks so I can put fittings and cap where they fit best.

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1833 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Larry I too prefer and use screw on fuel cell caps.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
just a point of curiosity, of those racers who employ a cam lock style fuel cap, who has a tether attached?

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1833 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
by tha way, I need a ground strap from filler ring to chassis ground

Larry Woodfin

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Woodfin:
just a point of curiosity, of those racers who employ a cam lock style fuel cap, who has a tether attached?

Both my front (RCI) and rear (JAZ) 3 gal fuel cells have cam type caps with metal chain tethers and ground straps.

Posts: 2462 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
These homemade tables were built years ago with scrap lumber. It's an example of do not judge a table by its cover. They have been the alignment platform for many builds.
Note;
tape clamped to ball joint
tape stretched to the rear
tape measuring wheelbase difference side to side and will be adjusted as needed to be square.
four link specs are right on the money

Larry Woodfin

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
tables

Larry Woodfin

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
tape

Larry Woodfin

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
gray print

Larry Woodfin

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Thursday morning Lamplighter gear setup.

Larry Woodfin

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Strange pro-Iron case, US Strange 5.29 pro gear, 35 spline spool. Setup in house

Larry Woodfin

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
A few notes. The Lamplighter project is well on track [so to speak] for some spring race dates. Only some small knacks nacks and we will be race-ready.

Larry Woodfin

DRR Trophy
Picture of Jim Cornett
posted Hide Post
I can hardly wait bro. Let me know if you need a pilot for your footbrake test sessions. Lol. Wink

winners practice til they get it right........
champions practice til they can't get it wrong.

Posts: 181 | Location: Jefferson, Texas, U.S.A. | Registered: December 02, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Coming along. Very nice job! Keep them coming. You gotta be getting excited now.

BG

Posts: 759 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
...tape measuring wheelbase...

Beware of the "Chinese inch"!!! Laughing Hard

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Canted, I am pondering if the China measure is a good thing or a bad thing. I suppose it depends on what is being measured.

Larry Woodfin

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
A Saturday afternoon logo job

As a reminder, "Lamplighter" has several meanings. Not limited to, but some examples.

*The win light
*To illuminate
*To guide
*To coach
*To enlighten
*To show the way

Larry Woodfin