DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Golf Cart Windshield
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Golf Cart Windshield
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of chasracer
posted
Any flipping fix for a noisy windshield? It's new and it makes an annoying squeaky sound. I tried padding blocks between the windshield and frame, doesn't help much.

Save on Fuel - GetUpside - https://upside.app.link/jE7eqmHc2z

Posts: 1135 | Location: The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?” ~~ Captain Jack Sparrow ~~ | Registered: August 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
Try some silicone spray. 3m makes it also.

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of FootbrakeJim
posted Hide Post
Maybe try some thin white nylon washers.
Last year I bought some new larger wheels & tires for my cart. It already had a lift kit on it. Found out afterward it now scrapes the roof driving into the trailer. So I use a power nut driver to zip the 6 bolts out and pop the roof off before loading it, and put it back on after unloading. It had the nylon washers between the roof frame and mounting stands. I dropped one and lost it at the track one day, and that mounting point squeaked like crazy. Went to the hardware store, bought a handful of them for cheap, and a new one immediately killed the squeak problem.

Dan "Jim" Moore
Much too young to feel this damn old!!

Posts: 1039 | Location: Farmersville, TX  | Registered: December 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of chasracer
posted Hide Post
Ahh - maybe that's it!

I did a paint job on the cart last fall - SS maroon and shot the top with a SS white. When I popped it back on, I just lined it up and put new bolts in it. New Black and White seats, wood steering wheel, wheels and tires. Looks good but noisy.

Posts: 1135 | Location: The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?” ~~ Captain Jack Sparrow ~~ | Registered: August 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of FootbrakeJim
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chasracer:

I did a paint job on the cart last fall - SS maroon and shot the top with a SS white. New Black and White seats, wood steering wheel, wheels and tires.

Sounds like a sweet little pit ride! Wink

Dan "Jim" Moore
Much too young to feel this damn old!!

Posts: 1039 | Location: Farmersville, TX  | Registered: December 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of head gamez
posted Hide Post
The stainless bolts on my windshield go through rubber grommets that are on the windshield itself. The top was squeaky, but i added some rubber between the top and the mounts and it went away.

Mikey

Posts: 1708 | Location: In a Marriott near you! | Registered: February 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post