Bracket Talk
Golf Cart Windshield

This topic can be found at:
https://drr.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/80760912/m/9127029396

July 16, 2020, 05:33 AM
chasracer
Golf Cart Windshield
Any flipping fix for a noisy windshield? It's new and it makes an annoying squeaky sound. I tried padding blocks between the windshield and frame, doesn't help much.

Save on Fuel - GetUpside - https://upside.app.link/jE7eqmHc2z
July 16, 2020, 07:42 AM
TD3550
Try some silicone spray. 3m makes it also.
July 16, 2020, 12:05 PM
FootbrakeJim
Maybe try some thin white nylon washers.
Last year I bought some new larger wheels & tires for my cart. It already had a lift kit on it. Found out afterward it now scrapes the roof driving into the trailer. So I use a power nut driver to zip the 6 bolts out and pop the roof off before loading it, and put it back on after unloading. It had the nylon washers between the roof frame and mounting stands. I dropped one and lost it at the track one day, and that mounting point squeaked like crazy. Went to the hardware store, bought a handful of them for cheap, and a new one immediately killed the squeak problem.

Dan "Jim" Moore
Much too young to feel this damn old!!
July 16, 2020, 12:20 PM
chasracer
Ahh - maybe that's it!

I did a paint job on the cart last fall - SS maroon and shot the top with a SS white. When I popped it back on, I just lined it up and put new bolts in it. New Black and White seats, wood steering wheel, wheels and tires. Looks good but noisy.
July 16, 2020, 02:08 PM
FootbrakeJim
quote:
Originally posted by chasracer:

I did a paint job on the cart last fall - SS maroon and shot the top with a SS white. New Black and White seats, wood steering wheel, wheels and tires.

Sounds like a sweet little pit ride! Wink

Dan "Jim" Moore
Much too young to feel this damn old!!
July 16, 2020, 02:54 PM
head gamez
The stainless bolts on my windshield go through rubber grommets that are on the windshield itself. The top was squeaky, but i added some rubber between the top and the mounts and it went away.

Mikey