DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Chassis certification
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chassis certification
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
I recently picked up a car that was being redone and not certified. Is there a person or resource to find specific rules on cage certifications before I waste the time and money hauling it to get certified?

Posts: 6 | Location: Riner VA | Registered: December 14, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I believe the specs for an 8:50 cage are in the NHRA rule book. Faster than that and you need to determine what spec you're building to and purchase the spec book from SFI Foundation.

Posts: 4 | Location: Probably at work! | Registered: July 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
I would PM David Covey. He is a tech inspector and Knows this stuff. Plus I would trust what he says.

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
the sfi spec is pretty cheap also if you felt the need to be sure.

Posts: 549 | Location: somewhere between been and never was | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by I Hate Dragsters:
What do you mean by this?

Posts: 6 | Location: Riner VA | Registered: December 14, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of FootbrakeJim
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radracing_K273:
quote:
Originally posted by I Hate Dragsters:
What do you mean by this?

I believe he means this (2nd sentence):
quote:
Originally posted by deuce7194:
I believe the specs for an 8:50 cage are in the NHRA rule book. Faster than that and you need to determine what spec you're building to and purchase the spec book from SFI Foundation.

Dan "Jim" Moore
Much too young to feel this damn old!!

Posts: 1039 | Location: Farmersville, TX  | Registered: December 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radracing_K273:
I recently picked up a car that was being redone and not certified. Is there a person or resource to find specific rules on cage certifications before I waste the time and money hauling it to get certified?

I answered your PM.

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3309 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post