Tools

TB shorted
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of FootbrakeJim
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FTI:
I don't see how 16V would of caused the solenoid to burn up either. I'm going to find whoever you spoke to here and correct them on that.

As previously mentioned we purchased the solenoid in question and resold them. We experienced several issues with them which is why we designed our own solenoid.

Based on the info I got from our own coil supplier for our new solenoids, the old solenoid coil had several things that could contribute to a coil burning up. We obviously improved on all of those things when we had the new coil made.

Chris I know I offered you a discount before towards a new solenoid. Have you ordered the new one yet? If not get with me directly and I'll make things right on this whole solenoid debacle.

-Dalton

Dalton,
Nice job standing behind your products at FTI, and kudos for sharing honest info on issues with a past supplier that affected performance of items your company had sold.
I wish more were like you, Sir.
clapping

Dan "Jim" Moore
Much too young to feel this damn old!!

Posts: 1041 | Location: Farmersville, TX  | Registered: December 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of FTI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FootbrakeJim:
quote:
Originally posted by FTI:
I don't see how 16V would of caused the solenoid to burn up either. I'm going to find whoever you spoke to here and correct them on that.

As previously mentioned we purchased the solenoid in question and resold them. We experienced several issues with them which is why we designed our own solenoid.

Based on the info I got from our own coil supplier for our new solenoids, the old solenoid coil had several things that could contribute to a coil burning up. We obviously improved on all of those things when we had the new coil made.

Chris I know I offered you a discount before towards a new solenoid. Have you ordered the new one yet? If not get with me directly and I'll make things right on this whole solenoid debacle.

-Dalton

Dalton,
Nice job standing behind your products at FTI, and kudos for sharing honest info on issues with a past supplier that affected performance of items your company had sold.
I wish more were like you, Sir.
clapping

Thanks Dan! I'm a racer just like you guys. I've been in the same situation on the other side. I just try to handle things the way I would expect them to be handled if I was in their shoes.

FTI Performance
Competition Converters and Racing Transmissions
"Some call it cheating, we call it the competitive edge."
www.FTIPerformance.com
info@ftiperformance.com

Posts: 165 | Location: Deland, FL | Registered: August 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Most of the time you find out the true colors of a company or person when they screw up. The good ones admit it and make it right. The others not so much.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5316 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post