DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Dedenbaer P/G case recert
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dedenbaer P/G case recert
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
I have used the Mopar filter.....brass screen type not the cloth design. The Coan VB uses that filter

I used P/G inputs for years and years and never broke one. Door car or dragster

ATI 8" converters for a long time as well but also some from Select

Bought a Trans from Marco and did not want to change converter. Just felt like trying his and it's a good trans. I've taken it apart a a few times to look it over and freshen up the seals and gaskets.

Abruzzi and I both agreed it should be fine with the P/G input but the shaft decided otherwise.....Looked to be nothing more than surface hardened....300M

The Vasco shaft looked way better and was....never broke and I sold all my P/G splined inputs

TSI redid my ATI converter......Spragless and Turbo spline.....was running a 509 a that time...I Should have kept that converter !

I use Select Converters since 2013 and the same 9" spragless converter has been behind 2 engines and hundreds of runs and won me 3 Wally's....

Select also did transmissions for me going back to the 1980's and my one National event win was with their trans that I just installed before that event...worked perfect !

Select is in NY and builds good converters and transmissions.....A Family business for many many years....and long time friends....

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rob7181:
Rich,

Play along with "How much will this trans cert be" Eek

So you are at: $213 with some unknowns still

$150 Cert
$43 Shipping(was that insured for $1K?)
$20 gas(rounded up for the trip to UPS)
$??? Box
$??? shipping back

I think I am definitely in the ball park.

Trans is on its way back to me and cost with some additional parts is very reasonable including shipping.

I highly recommend anyone that needs a Reid/Dedenbaer case recertified,

Send it to TSR in New Hampshire.

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
I have a JW case and bell. Got the case at a swap meet for $300. Cost me about $50 round trip and $65 for recert. Last time I was living in Florida when it came due again. Drove up to JW, met Mr. Winters, got treated like a king, and in less than an hour, case had new stickers on it and I was on my way....

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1466 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post