DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Dedenbaer P/G case recert
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dedenbaer P/G case recert
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted
I need to get my Dedenbaer trans case recertified
Reid is in California
TSR is in New Hampshire and maybe does them
I'm in New Jersey

Any places other than Reid or TSR that do them ?

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SCDIV1:
I need to get my Dedenbaer trans case recertified
Reid is in California
TSR is in New Hampshire and maybe does them
I'm in New Jersey

Any places other than Reid or TSR that do them ?

Not going to really help you out, but Hughes did ours recently.

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2552 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
I’ve sent mine to BTE before, but I just shipped two of them to Reid a couple days ago without looking for alternatives. About $85 each just to get them there.

I found that Lowes sells a heavy duty moving box that is 18”x18”x16”. Not a lot bigger than what is needed. Worked well.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3161 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD6297
posted Hide Post
Hutch's in Ontario just north of you does them.

Posts: 149 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Call Marco Abruzzi, if he cant do it I bet he knows who on the east coast does. I know Hutch can do it but you would have to ship it across the border. Terry Sullivan can do it here in the DFW area. I can get you his contact info if you want to ship it to Dallas, its a lot closer than Calif

Posts: 2433 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I was thinking Marco too....I'm not sure if he certs them....but as big steve said he will know where to go.

BG

Posts: 759 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
TCI in Memphis does them.

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 708 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Rich, if you decide to go BTE, speak to Brandon and mention me.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
FYI, only BIG shops that DO NOT SELL their own cases get to recert REID/Dedenbear cases. BTE usually sends them down the road to TCI to have it done.

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 708 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
I messaged the trans builder who did this trans last time and had it re-certed. He sends them to TSR in New Hampshire and said they do them quickly.

I’m pulling the trans out right now and will pull it apart, clean it and ship it up to them.

Thanks for the responses but it seems the TSR option is about the best one for me.

Car needs belts, chassis sticker, license renewal and the trans cert

I’m gonna have to go back to work Laughing Hard

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
TSR are really good people

Posts: 388 | Location: Natick MA | Registered: November 15, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
Anytime I need P/G parts or gaskets I buy it from them.

I have seen them racing at some events I’ve been at.

Trans is out and partly disassembled

Made the usual mess and it’s why I hate doing them

Trans work is messy. Having a stainless steel smooth bench with a drain for the fluid is a must if you did a lot of them.

On the floor with some cardboard doesn’t cut it ! But I’m doing it cause I can and I have the time.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Top355x:
TSR are really good people

Agreed. Great customer service.

BG

Posts: 759 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SCDIV1:
Anytime I need P/G parts or gaskets I buy it from them.

I have seen them racing at some events I’ve been at.

Trans is out and partly disassembled

Made the usual mess and it’s why I hate doing them

Trans work is messy. Having a stainless steel smooth bench with a drain for the fluid is a must if you did a lot of them.

On the floor with some cardboard doesn’t cut it ! But I’m doing it cause I can and I have the time.

I tore mine down on a 33 x 25 Rubbermaid cart. Definitely messy, but the raised side rails of the cart kept the fluid contained and cleaned up nicely.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3161 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of CAD
posted Hide Post
You might contact ATI in Maryland...

Posts: 125 | Location: Omaha NE | Registered: October 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Rob7181
posted Hide Post
Just fought this battle. With shipping to REID, cert and shipping back, it was nearly $300 for one of my cases. My other is a Trans Specialties, which I drove up to Aston, PA waited about 20 mins and had a certified case for $70 and $25 in gas. Huge KUDOS to Trans Specialties! Pretty sure I will be selling my REID in 5 years to a bracket racer and buying another Trans Specialties.

Rob Robertson

Posts: 961 | Location: Welcome, MD | Registered: December 06, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
I would drive to TS but my case is Dedenbaer/Reid

Mine is stripped, clean and ready to get in a box for shipping to TSR once I get a suitable shipping box....

Staples had some HD boxes.....

I have to measure the case again to get the smallest box possible....

Truly a ripoff the re-certs we have to do to keep NHRA happy and they don't even look anymore !

DRR Pro
Picture of Rob7181
posted Hide Post
Let me know how much it ends up being, maybe next time I will ship to TSR instead.

Rob Robertson

Posts: 961 | Location: Welcome, MD | Registered: December 06, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
Rob, It's listed on their webpage at $150

Add shipping and it's gonna be well over $200

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
i would buy someones out of date case if they have one they want to part with. would like one to put my spare in it.

ep

Posts: 764 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post