DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Door car powder coat
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Door car powder coat
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
What color would you powder coat a door car chassis?

For obvious reasons I won’t go with a candy color or anything like that.

Something that can be touched up if needed

Misty lava is essentially the direction I’m looking currently

Your thoughts?

Posts: 789 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Whatever you choose go with something that you know for sure you can get a spray on or brush on equivalent for the touch ups that will definitely come.

Posts: 493 | Location: Going to or returning from the chipmine. | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bad News
posted Hide Post
Just about any solid color can be matched up in Imron if you have a distributor close by.
Get 3 or 4 sample cards sprayed when you have the chassis done, then you will have a card to give the paint mixer to work from.
Stay away from too many different coats,maybe a primer and a topcoat. Powder is not like paint, keep it under 4-6 mils and properly cured it can be bulletproof. Thick powder and haphazard curing will make it brittle.

Posts: 868 | Location: ft laud | Registered: September 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
Light silver. Easy to touch up & neutral enough so it goes with any future repaints of the body.

Billy Duhs - BD104X@gmail.com

Posts: 626 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Did my new truck in "millennial" gray. Same color on new Hondas

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 989 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the photos

Posts: 789 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post