DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    What rocker ratio goes where?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What rocker ratio goes where?
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
that was a very long time ago Rich, not 2000 to 2005 and not $20K

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
Yea it was a long time ago and it was just a post stating first hand information of facts about what a national event win was worth in years past.

Was $20 grand possible? Yes I believe it was but I don’t really recall when the downslide of contingency sponsor awards really headed down

The Wally still looks good as does the medal they gave with those Wallys back when a 454 was a big motor

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Yep, first hand information of facts about what a national event win was worth... $11,000, 32 years ago and that's a far cry from $20k Wink

BTW, Kyle's National event S/C win last year was worth $11k

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
$10,000 in 1988 had the purchasing power of $22,000 in 2020.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post

and Bracket Talk too

the

who now wants you to believe he's an economics expert too continues to try to spin his clueless statement about how much a national event win was worth 15-20 years ago.

Again, talk about what you know, not what you think you know!

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
You ignored he told ya he could make close to $20,000 grand with the right stickers on his car for contingency, you ignored it.

$20,000 in 1988 had $44,000 dollars purchasing power in 2020.

This is common sense stuff.

You can't take yes for an answer, I'm agreeing with you, people don't wally race for money today.

They used to though.

How else can the wally have value? It can't.

The value of the wally today is residual.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
he could not 32 years ago no mind 15-20 years ago!

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
he could not 32 years ago no mind 15-20 years ago!

You can't take yes for an answer.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
what part of the TRUTH and the FACTS don't you like cone killer.

You're way out of your league here son!!

You can't even bullshyt the clueless, the career test/tuners and the mostly non racers, using one of your many alias names over at YB!! Laughing very hard

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SCDIV1:
I won the SummerNationals in 1988 in S/G

Car was freshly painted and was not decal-ed up as much as one could be.

I lost about $1200-1500 in contingencies from companies that did not pay even though I had their products and wrote letters of explanations to those companies.

I did collect about $11,000 and won about $13,000 that year in 8 races.

A friend won S/ST at the Springnationals at Columbus and told me he collected $15,000

A points race win was worth around $5000

1988 dollars

A really stickered up car could win 15-20 for a “Major” National Event.

The events always had the contingency payouts posted previous to the event.

Who was paying, for what and how much.

The bigger races were considered Major events and had 2 pages of Contingency payout info in National Dragster weeks before the event.

I could easily have collected $15,000+for that win and trust me I was aware of it as the rounds went by. I almost jumped the fence in the lanes to get decals I knew I needed with only a couple rounds left.

Back then many sponsors were happy you had their decals and paid without any proof that you had the products claimed.

I was featured in a number of ads after winning and one half page ad was for something I had and they paid ZERO.

That was definitely the golden era of NHRA racing! For at least another 10 years after that as well.

Well said. Truth.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
BlahBlah

I can read well cone killer and nowhere did I read that Rich won $20k in 1988 no mine in 2000 to 2005!

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
You just keep smearing when you run out of anything logical to say Edward.

But your buddy the track official at Bradenton got fired!

In the end, Truth always wins.

You're damn right I'm the Cone Killer!! Check it out!!

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:

In the end, Truth always wins.

Yep and the TRUTH and the FACTS are at 4:33

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...annel=PowerAutomedia

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
In the end, Truth always prevails.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Yep the TRUTH always prevails and the time for it is at 4:33

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Keep pretending Edward, you can be the last pretending.

The track official is fired, I'm reinstated.

In the end, Truth always prevails.

It was always ever, just a matter of time.

Your illogic puts the cart before the horse.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Yep the TRUTH always prevails and the time for it is at 4:33

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yea it was a long time ago and it was just a post stating first hand information of facts about what a national event win was worth in years past.

Was $20 grand possible? Yes I believe it was but I don’t really recall when the downslide of contingency sponsor awards really headed down

The Wally still looks good as does the medal they gave with those Wallys back when a 454 was a big motor

Edward prefers pretending. Edward likes to pretend racers with more wally's than they know what to do with, who raced Sunshine (S. Cohhhen) weekly, don't know what they were racing for at National events.

His accounts were as yours are, first hand. Not Pretend like Edward.

Ed pretends people never wally raced for money.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Edward prefers pretending. Edward likes to pretend racers with more wally's than they know what to do with, who raced Sunshine (S. Cohhhen) weekly, don't know what they were racing for at National events.

His accounts were as yours are, first hand. Not Pretend like Edward.

Ed pretends people never wally raced for money.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Jonesz:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Jonesz:

Then you should no worries. BTW, that pic you posted is at least 7-8 years ago. Things change....
Notice that triple chrome bumper shining

Let me know before you head this way. Sunshine or Orlando be good. Same weight, no wheely bar.

Does the roads in Florida only go south, or is that the only two tracks you have ever been too?

Plastic doors, front end and windows eh? We had one exactly like this I did the engine, transmission & tuned, the guy pitted with me 7 - 8 years up until Sunshine closed. Big Block 468, it weighed 2950 with a 300 lb plus driver.

So your car weighs 2650 lbs and it runs 5.70's? what cylinder head do you run? it sounds a little light in the loafers.

Posts: 122 | Location: Over here | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post