DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    What rocker ratio goes where?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What rocker ratio goes where?
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
quote:
Originally posted by Jonesz:

Notice that triple chrome bumper shining

Let me know before you head this way. Sunshine or Orlando be good. Same weight, no wheely bar.

Does the roads in Florida only go south, or is that the only two tracks you have ever been too?

Posts: 122 | Location: Over here | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I am not an engine expert by any means.
Maybe I missed something here, but I think a simple dial indicator test will reveal the actual numbers on the cam, followed by a valve to piston clearance check.

That will give you an idea to use or not use the 1.75 rocker.

Posts: 235 | Location: Justin, TX | Registered: July 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Based on the OP’s question, it’s not so simple to him.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Da Shoe
posted Hide Post
With the info provided here and a call to Brodix and Jesel I was able to get everything sorted out correctly. Didn't need to tear it down or make anything more complex than it needed to be. Now I have a nice spare 583 intake to pan for 6500.

Posts: 608 | Location: Da Swamp!!!! | Registered: October 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a win win to me. Good for you.

Posts: 235 | Location: Justin, TX | Registered: July 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
what did you lash the valves to?

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
quote:

Notice that triple chrome bumper shining

Let me know before you head this way. Sunshine or Orlando be good. Same weight, no wheely bar.

Does the roads in Florida only go south, or is that the only two tracks you have ever been too?

Plastic doors, front end and windows eh? We had one exactly like this I did the engine, transmission & tuned, the guy pitted with me 7 - 8 years up until Sunshine closed. Big Block 468, it weighed 2950 with a 300 lb plus driver.

So your car weighs 2650 lbs and it runs 5.70's? what cylinder head do you run? it sounds a little light in the loafers.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
He did pick up a Wally with it though before Sunshine closed.

Probably the best Super Pro race I ever saw at Sunshine, up against a guy who won two million dollar bracket races. Killer race.

The usual crowd, neighborhood racers.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
For what it's worth, 1320 has two wally's as a driver if I remember correctly (maybe three).
Granted he is not on the level of Peter, Scotty, Williams,... and I think he knows that.
But neither am And I know it.
It's fun to mock him since he posts alot but 1320 has won in the past.

My 2¢s

Back to the topic

Glad you got the rockers figured out.
It still wouldn't be a bad idea to leak it down and pull the pan to look at bearings. Pulling the heads would only cost about $100 if you are willing. Cheap insurance.

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
The wally's today feed off the prestige of the wally's of the past.

The wally's of the past signified worth $$$, because they equated profits.

A national event Super gas Wally 15-20 years ago
as example represented around $20k. If you had ten of them what's that?

How many did Rambo win?

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post

and Bracket Talk too

talk about what you know, not what you think you know!

A national event win in SG was NOT worth $20k from '95 to 2000.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
It's 2020 Ed, check your math.

2020 - 15 years = 2005

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
A national event win in SG was NOT worth $20k in '05 either Spitting

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
A national event win in SG was NOT worth $20k in '05 either Spitting

Check your reading too, I said around $20K. Do I really need to mention having the right stickers Child?

Oh BTW this isn't my opinion, it's the opinion of friends who've won many national event Wally's, so hate the game, not the players who no longer play the game, for the reasons I mentioned.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
what it is is bullshyt and misinformation posted by a clueless

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
What's different from what you've been saying for months, that people racing for wally's don't do it for the money, nowadays.

They used to do it for the money. I'm saying the same thing you've been saying, no?

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
NO, they never did it for the $!

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
So nobody has ever made money wally racing? BULLCHIT!!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Congrats, Ed. Who engineered the car? Falling of chair laughing

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3096 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
I won the SummerNationals in 1988 in S/G

Car was freshly painted and was not decal-ed up as much as one could be.

I lost about $1200-1500 in contingencies from companies that did not pay even though I had their products and wrote letters of explanations to those companies.

I did collect about $11,000 and won about $13,000 that year in 8 races.

A friend won S/ST at the Springnationals at Columbus and told me he collected $15,000

A points race win was worth around $5000

1988 dollars

A really stickered up car could win 15-20 for a “Major” National Event.

The events always had the contingency payouts posted previous to the event.

Who was paying, for what and how much.

The bigger races were considered Major events and had 2 pages of Contingency payout info in National Dragster weeks before the event.

I could easily have collected $15,000+for that win and trust me I was aware of it as the rounds went by. I almost jumped the fence in the lanes to get decals I knew I needed with only a couple rounds left.

Back then many sponsors were happy you had their decals and paid without any proof that you had the products claimed.

I was featured in a number of ads after winning and one half page ad was for something I had and they paid ZERO.

That was definitely the golden era of NHRA racing! For at least another 10 years after that as well.

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post