DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Intech (just another white trailer)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Intech (just another white trailer)
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
well I'm guessing I have a cracked weld or more based on these photos. was this the only failure?

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by seabass:

Those pictures are definitely caused from insufficient weld size and or the welding filler material. Could you tell if the top of the cross beam was welding to the main frame rail? Doesn't look like it.

With this type of connection to a hollow frame rail, increasing the weld size will just move the failure point to the bottom of the cross beam. Over time the flexing of the side wall of the main frame rail (relatively thin and flexible area at this location) will crack right after the weld. This type of failure is also more comment on the out riggers that support the weight of the trailer walls and roof.

Bad roads and construction areas will do a number on any trailer over time.

BTW, you can see the bent AL plates welded to the main frame rails supporting the axles in these shots! Another ticking time bomb.

Posts: 2160 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TORQIN:
Breakage? We have had our share!

I have had the tongue of the trailer break on the Goldrush, an ATC did the same years back.

I had the hitch break off of the Showhauler twice (re-welded)! The third time, I had it removed and replaced with a roll cage style hitch bolted in many places between frame rails that has lasted years. They say 40k GVWR from factory? Horse chit I say...now it definitely will carry the 40k.

When I sold the triple axle truck with big goldrush stacker it had 185k miles on the rig in 7 years, broke alot of stuff including axles on trailer twice, and the tongue once. No brand is exempt from breakage so far. The T&E 32 foot stacker I owned by far was the strongest well built trailers I ever owned. Only had it a year b4 selling it (mistake) and moving to the Goldrush.

Never over loaded a trailer, he'll never even put a car in the top front of the trailer! They break and the NORTHEAST does in fact have the worst roads in the country. I-40 New Mexico and AZ currently hold a close 2nd place!
T & E is definitely the cats a z z…an the red necks in my neck of woods WILDSIDE are top notch also

Posts: 1260 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
No offense to anyone but you couldn’t run fast enough to give me an aluminum trailer. Not hatin’ just statin’.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5316 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cashflow:
No offense to anyone but you couldn’t run fast enough to give me an aluminum trailer. Not hatin’ just statin’.
Ive owned one for almost 15yrs. and the only problem was the DA design of way axles we’re put in

Posts: 1260 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Airplanes structures are made mostly from aluminum and they do not weld any of it. There is a reason. A good reason.

Aluminum does have some good qualities but just like aluminum rods in a motor it comes at a cost. Cycle life. That cycle life is really hurt any place there is a weld. There is also a reason aluminum rods are never welded.....

Same reason race car chassis are not made out of aluminum.

As for rough roads in America I think Louisiana is the worst or right up there in top 3.

This is not the first time there has been a discussion here about Aluminum trailers cracking welds or breaking and this one here will not be the last one about it.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4035 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
My 2003 all Aluminum 24’ Featherlite has a steel axle carriage that the trailer sits on. Axles are bolted and welded to the steel carriage. 20 yrs old and over 100k miles towing in the Midwest. No cracks.

Posts: 2475 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
dangggg just as well buy a south ga made sheet box trailer lollol

Posts: 1240 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
For what spent on this brand trailer, the expectation is way up there. I'm going to reach out to Intech and see if any other updates are available for the axle issue.

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of HS professor
posted Hide Post
Yes Intech makes very nice trailers but they are still on an assembly line with real people welding.
Anyone on here that welds know firsthand some days you're on, some days you're not. Especially upside down on your head at different angles. Really hard to have every single weld be 100%.

Just sayin ...........

Posts: 1422 | Location: Monroe twp nj | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Let us know

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Agreed on welds, will do Ed.

Still can't seem to find a phone # on website...crazy.

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
Airplanes structures are made mostly from aluminum and they do not weld any of it. There is a reason. A good reason.

Aluminum does have some good qualities but just like aluminum rods in a motor it comes at a cost. Cycle life. That cycle life is really hurt any place there is a weld. There is also a reason aluminum rods are never welded.....

Same reason race car chassis are not made out of aluminum.

As for rough roads in America I think Louisiana is the worst or right up there in top 3.

This is not the first time there has been a discussion here about Aluminum trailers cracking welds or breaking and this one here will not be the last one about it.

Curly, not sure where you're going with your comments but just for the record, steel trailers break too!

The axle connection failure had nothing to do with welding aluminum. I was a poor and inadequate design that caused the failure. As for the decking support beam cracks, the weld broke at this location which means the weld was not large enough and needs to be increased. I have seen steel trailers do the same. Welding is not the problem, in this case it is the connection design that is the real issue.

Posts: 2160 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Adam Maxwell is the owner/president and not a good guy. Intech does not want to deal with the end user, they are built to communicate only with their dealers.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
No idea if this is right but I Googled "intech trailer phone number:

Address: 29286 Co Rd 52, Nappanee, IN 46550
Hours:
Open ⋅ Closes 5 PM
Phone: (574) 773-9536

Posts: 124 | Location: inside | Registered: January 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cartman:
No idea if this is right but I Googled "intech trailer phone number:

Address: 29286 Co Rd 52, Nappanee, IN 46550
Hours:
Open ⋅ Closes 5 PM
Phone: (574) 773-9536

That’s it

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1521 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
I made the call to Intech warranty, very helpful, very professional.

My trailer does in fact have the most recent update to the axle mount used on all Intech trailers no matter the size or weight rating. Stating no issues since update was put in place in late 2018 and early 2019 models and up.

As I said was very helpful and even updated my warranty information on my trailer from previous owner to my ownership.

DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
You ever look inside of some trailers? Some people have them packed like sardines. Some do not have a shop where they live so they use the trailer for every thing. The trailer IS there shop literally. Not safe. Rail road tracks are hard on trailers. Fact.

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
RR tracks...broke an air ride axle off of the goldrush (back axle) on a nasty set of RR tracks a few years ago. Just outside of track in Gulfport Ms, hit em a lil too fast in a hurry. Trailer was never overloaded and never had more than 3 cars in the 4 car trailer. The road itself can be hard on equipment.

At one time I have EVERYTHING I could have in the trailer, I had to store it, got broken into...no more, stays at my house now. Most of my spares are in the shop at home too.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
Any new and improved....... Pictures available
For reference only.......????

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post