DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    BBC Valve Cover Recommendations?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

BBC Valve Cover Recommendations?
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
^^^^Ouch!!

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5304 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Patriotic - expressing (conveying in loyal conduct) devotion to and vigorous (strong) support for one's country and its people.

Liberals view patriotic loosely the same as they do Evidence and Facts.

Every US citizen will get a forced education of just how bad (loose) an idea it was to offshore the manufacturing sector of the US economy. It's only a matter of time now.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of FootbrakeJim
posted Hide Post
Kind of leaning toward something like these from Canton, anyone used any of their stuff before? (I was thinking they cater more to dirt track racers)...
Jegs Canton Fab BBC Valve Covers
This pair has fill cap and 2 breather holes, but they also have identical pair with no holes or bungs. Jegs says they can add fill bung and AN fittings by special order.
Welds on the pictures do not look super pretty, and it does not say where they are made, only that they ship direct from Mfr... For close to $300/pair I hope they are USA made. They also use the 7 long bolts, which I like because it simplifies the removal & installation, can use a drill driver & socket for quick on & off, no extension needed, long bolts tend to stay in cover, no short bolts to drop and search for, etc.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FootbrakeJim,

Dan "Jim" Moore
Much too young to feel this damn old!!

Posts: 1035 | Location: Farmersville, TX  | Registered: December 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of FootbrakeJim
posted Hide Post
Did some more research on Canton Racing Products, and came away impressed. I had forgotten they make the Accusump system. Their products ARE made in the U.S.A. and decently priced. They make some really nice oil pans, too. I sent in a request for quote on a pair of valve covers configured the way I want them, (AN Vac fitting on on side, Oil Fill bung with screw-on cap on other side).
Like most manufacturers, they do not undercut their retailers on pricing. Same exact V.C.'s are $50 less from Jegs than from Canton's website. Wondering if Jegs would take a special order, and if their price would be lower or the same. I plan to make a "why not" call to Jegs and find out, after I get the quote from Canton.

Dan "Jim" Moore
Much too young to feel this damn old!!

Posts: 1035 | Location: Farmersville, TX  | Registered: December 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Sounds good! clapping

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post