Tools

CSR Water Pump
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
CSR = out of business long ago

Meziere = the gold standard who's products are readily available

END OF DISCUSSION or DEBATE!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mad Dog
posted Hide Post
I've had great luck with my (Green1) rebuilt CSR pump, been 5 seasons since he did it for us and it's not skipped beat since. I acquired three more motors needing repair and he was good enough to rewind those for me as well (3 spares now).

If my math is correct, with at least five seasons (and counting) of reliable service from one of Green1's builds, looks like I'll likely get at minimum 15 years or more worth of service out of the remaining three spares I have. Who needs to buy the so called "gold standard" pump. I already have four of them...

I'd bet that's not the end of discussion or debate, but that is a mic drop moment!!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mad Dog,

Dan

DOES YOUR IDEOLOGY ALLOW YOU TO EQUITABLY APPLY STANDARDS OF ACCOUNTABILITY OR DOES IT PROMOTE THE PRACTICE OF HYPOCRISY?

Posts: 226 | Location: ... --- ... | Registered: November 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of HS professor
posted Hide Post
quote:
No need to repair any more because I fixed them too good. Have only repaired a few Mezieres lately.

Do you still repair the CSR pumps ?? I have a few of them laying around that worked perfect when removed but wouldn't run them since they've been dry for a while. Wouldn't mind having them gone through, always worked good for me Smile

Posts: 1421 | Location: Monroe twp nj | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
I ran a CSR pump for years with Zero problems.
Then I went to Maziere and had one completely destroyed and cost MORE TO REPAIR it than to buy a new one from Summit.
Since I already had system set up for the remote Maziere pump I replaced it with another instead of completely redoing my cooling system.

I have not had a problem with the second Maziere pump but first one was less than impressive, my personal experience was much better with CSR. Say what you will mine worked good.

Curly, not ganging up on you, one good or bad experience is just that, one. An average of a large volume over a decent period of time is what tells the real story!

Posts: 2149 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
Why would anyone bother to use parts that are outdated and unservicable by the vendor . Throw it in the garbage and do yourself a favor .

Posts: 1238 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
^^^says the guy who no longer repairs this junk pump!

quote:
Originally posted by 68TSCAMARO:
Why would anyone bother to use parts that are outdated and unserviceable by the vendor . Throw it in the garbage and do yourself a favor .

EXACTLY!

Meziere! Nuff said

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by green1:
I am done doing them

Full Moon

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted August 15, 2019 04:05 PM by green1:
spend the coin and buy a Meziere, rebuildable( if it does fail) but the most reliable out there in my opinion. Stay away from CSR

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mad Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by green1:

quote:
Originally posted by 68TSCAMARO:
Why would anyone bother to use parts that are outdated and unservicable by the vendor . Throw it in the garbage and do yourself a favor .

Why would anyone spend money buying parts they don't need? If I wouldn't have had the option to have the bad motors serviced (and made better than produced) by Green1, I would have had to spend $500+ on the "gold standard" part, but I opted to have them repaired. My choice, and it's worked out for me this far with 3 spares to boot at a fraction of the cost.
Green1 suggested that I should buy a Meziere. That said, he was kind enough to service the motors I had. He didn't FORCE HIS OPINION on me as others seem to think is the right thing to do here. He helped a fellow racer with what his fellow racer was asking for. That I respect him for...
Thanks Clint, Dan

Just because something isn’t serviceable by the vendor doesn’t mean somebody else can’t service it and possibly make it better.

Dan

DOES YOUR IDEOLOGY ALLOW YOU TO EQUITABLY APPLY STANDARDS OF ACCOUNTABILITY OR DOES IT PROMOTE THE PRACTICE OF HYPOCRISY?

Posts: 226 | Location: ... --- ... | Registered: November 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of HS professor
posted Hide Post
quote:

Because I can Razz

I know a guy that buys the best parts money can buy, he's blown and broke waaaaay more engines than I ever have and various other parts !!! I've got alot of outdated and unserviceable parts and ironically they serve me well Big Grin
And we put hundreds of laps on our cars a season in case you're wondering ...........

Posts: 1421 | Location: Monroe twp nj | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HS professor:
quote:

Because I can Razz

I know a guy that buys the best parts money can buy, he's blown and broke waaaaay more engines than I ever have and various other parts !!! I've got alot of outdated and unserviceable parts and ironically they serve me well Big Grin
And we put hundreds of laps on our cars a season in case you're wondering ...........

Like the guy who won a trophy in 1995 in a little duck pond and thinks he is a driver now. One trophy. Hardly a dominant performance even in the cute little duck pond. 25 years ago and has not done anything since. Has not even been able to make top 50 team in last 5 years in same little duck pond. Bless his Heart.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4001 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HS professor:
Because I can Razz

Bob, I know first hand that even the best parts money can buy can and do fail sometimes but that won't sway me to buy cheap/chinese junk "because I can" nor will it sway my commitment of time, money and resources to put two of the best working cars on the track wherever we compete. I'm willing to do and have done whatever it takes and our results speak for themselves with the best yet to come!

Few here have the commitment I do! Fewer yet here have the knowledge, resources and $ to compete at the level I do!

DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
quote:
various other parts

let me know how them used tires , valve springs and caltrac parts work out 4 ya lol

Posts: 1238 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of adv ET 266
posted Hide Post
Pump motors aside, back when I ran NHRA and contingency was real, you could count on CSI to be the absolute last check to show up.

2005 2000lb 4 link dragster
home brew 582 BBC Dart 355
4.629@149
7.310@185

Posts: 12158 | Location: 33463 | Registered: February 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of Ken MacNicol
posted Hide Post
WOW, you got a check!

I never received a single one, even after jumping through all their hoops and talking to them on the phone more than once.

quote:
Originally posted by adv ET 266:
Pump motors aside, back when I ran NHRA and contingency was real, you could count on CSI to be the absolute last check to show up.

Posts: 38 | Location: Hendersonville, Tenn. | Registered: December 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
they have a long reputation of not paying contingency

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
they have a long reputation of not paying contingency

So, speaking of this, anyone have a contingency check bounce???? (Not talking CSR here)

I just did! Have made a number of calls with no results yet! Holding off on naming the manufacturer for a bit... This is worse than not paying!

Posts: 2149 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Shake head

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I found an interesting fact at our last race. I got a used water pump with a bunch of used parts I bought trying to get the truck together. Ended up using the pump, it was a blue Proform or something. Lasted two weekends and started seizing up. I had a rebuilt Meziere pump motor from my Oldsmobile housing. It bolted right up to the China housing, works perfect. I guess its a "fancy Proform pump" now.
I don't think there are better pumps than Meziere, not sure how old the one on the dragster is but I would guess 15 years maybe.
Jok

www.trailertoad.com designed by racers for racers.

Posts: 1218 | Location: Janesville, IA | Registered: December 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
So, speaking of this, anyone have a contingency check bounce???? (Not talking CSR here)

hahaha i dont think you deserve any contingency anyways!!

joking aside i gotta roll with ed on this one...go with a company thats still in biz and offers service for their product!!

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post