DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Strongest Glide Input
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Strongest Glide Input
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bad News:
NASA ringless, T400 stator support.
Over 1500 runs with 1000-1300 hp @2800#
Still hanging in there, got to be 2006 when I first put it in.It was pricey even back then, about 400 bucks as I remember.
I went through 2 other ringless shafts that had serious runout when I checked them between centers, like .025-.035 across the length. They were warped badly, I assume from the heat treat.

Spot on, that's what this is.

I've found the Coan ringless is good to go as well.

Used em both high horsepower.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Paul S/Q
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by seabass:
I run 1" coan ringless, never broke one yet... they will twist slightly then stop twisting...

same here... We dont have 3000 hP , but it was good enough to push the T/D to 6.0

Posts: 784 | Location: hopefully pickin up a check in the winners circle | Registered: November 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
We had a Coan twist to the point it was one with the gearset.

To remove the gearset from the transmission, everything comes out in one piece.

Input, drum and gearset

Twin ProCharger 3000lb car, main man tuner from Proline doing the tuning.

1" NASA or a 1" Coan ringless would last exactly 18 full pulls down the track.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post