posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
quote:
Originally posted by TOP38:
Ed,,

Your to bias to comment here,, LOL!

Big Steve,
Nice video, like to see it in slow mo! I will also say this, no matter what your talking about when switching a part, you need to see how it works over a wide range of conditions before you can say it's better or it helped your combo!

As far as MT vs Hoosier or any other tire brand, the more competition there is, the better the products that become available to all racers so it's a good thing!

Not the same run but very representative of the tire in slo mo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxDWWh1N_0A

That run looks pretty nice! The wheelie bar was not in view, are you using it to tune the launch?

Posts: 2160 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
quote:
Ed,,

Your to bias to comment here,, LOL!

Big Steve,
Nice video, like to see it in slow mo! I will also say this, no matter what your talking about when switching a part, you need to see how it works over a wide range of conditions before you can say it's better or it helped your combo!

As far as MT vs Hoosier or any other tire brand, the more competition there is, the better the products that become available to all racers so it's a good thing!

Not the same run but very representative of the tire in slo mo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxDWWh1N_0A

That run looks pretty nice! The wheelie bar was not in view, are you using it to tune the launch?

No, I do not want it to upset or unload the chassis

Posts: 2434 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I made over 20 runs this past week in Bradenton on the C1550 tire. Even with the highs between 81-85 everyday and a DA between 2100'-2750' these tires were phenomenal. I was going between 4.38-4.41 depending on time of day, even with the suspect starting line prep we had to deal with.

Posts: 60 | Location: N.C | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CManuel:
I made over 20 runs this past week in Bradenton on the C1550 tire. Even with the highs between 81-85 everyday and a DA between 2100'-2750' these tires were phenomenal. I was going between 4.38-4.41 depending on time of day, even with the suspect starting line prep we had to deal with.
But did you see the HOOSIER BOYS that switched to MT down there....

Posts: 1261 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I am just giving my results with this tire. I'm not sure if the ones that swapped have even tried this tire yet. Anyone with common sense can make this tire work no matter what you go. I have been 4.60s and 4.30s on it.

Posts: 60 | Location: N.C | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Does the br3 see a lot of growth down track?

Posts: 66 | Location: Glen Burnie | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:

What was the problem with the starting line?

Posts: 2160 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:

What air pressure are you running and what tire did you replace?

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
quote:

I've been 4.30's and was set up soft this past weekend on 4.44. I have ran 5.2 on mine and they have been phenomenal. I converted 2 more MT guys at Holly Springs last weekend. This is GREAT tire for a 4.20 to 4.60 car

Posts: 633 | Location: Rochester, WA | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I’ll have to wait an see what it does in 90 plus degree heat...

Posts: 1261 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
quote:

I was running 4.5psi at 4600 rpm launch. I had the MT3195 on it before and ran 5.2psi with it. I swapped to get more life out of tires. I was averaging 70 runs before they were shot previously.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

They would scrape overnight and prep for first thing in the morning which made your first hit really good, but those of us who were doubled by the time you circled back for your 2nd entry the track had already started peeling up for the first 60'. Depending on the day you could lose 1.5 hun within an hour. Some days were better than others though. Seemed like certain days they cared to maintenance the track and others they could care less.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
will these tires work on a 5 flat door car?

ep

Posts: 765 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

They would scrape overnight and prep for first thing in the morning which made your first hit really good, but those of us who were doubled by the time you circled back for your 2nd entry the track had already started peeling up for the first 60'. Depending on the day you could lose 1.5 hun within an hour. Some days were better than others though. Seemed like certain days they cared to maintenance the track and others they could care less.

Thanks, I friend of mine was there and had some issues with his 60's later in the week that his car never has which is why I asked.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Calvin7613
posted Hide Post
I watched a Top Dragster on Q1 not do a burnout at the Denso Spark Plugs NHRA Four-Wide Nationals this past weekend and go 1.000 60ft. 6.268 at 218mph with absolutely no shake or quiver on the Hoosier C1550 tires. On Q2, he did a burnout and went the same 60ft. with no shake or quiver 6.30 et at 217mph.

Posts: 35 | Location: Phoenix, Az. | Registered: June 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
Cameron - your car leaves so smooth I wouldn't be surprised if you easily get 150-175 out of them.

SL...

Posts: 2112 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
i have run the c1500 untill the tread started leaking air,lol not what i recomend.this past race .970@60

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1415 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pauley:
will these tires work on a 5 flat door car?

ep

Not sure how these would work on a door car. Guess it would depend on weight EP.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DragRaceResults:
Cameron - your car leaves so smooth I wouldn't be surprised if you easily get 150-175 out of them.

SL...

I was happy with how they performed. I was leaving at 4600 and pulled no power at all. I'm planning on weighing it with me in it at Galot next week so I will know.