DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    615 SR20 - 4.11 or 4.29
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

615 SR20 - 4.11 or 4.29
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Further, I could cut 30 lbs. by swapping out my one DS1600 battery for two Go Lithium batteries at a cost of $2,200 which would put me at 1839 lbs. and that's the lightest this car can be, still 41 lbs. shy of sub 1800. My next dragster will be all carbon and as lite as possible.

Meanwhile, I feel there's more in my combo. The engine is out for freshening and I told Scott, don't send it back unless it will have Kyle running in the 30s. we will see in about 2 months but with my luck we will be slower. Didn't think of that

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
quote:
Originally posted by TORQIN:
quote:

She's a lil heavy Ed, nothing unrealistic tho. My American with all aluminium engine, lithium battery and flyweight Cory Gulitti 138 lbs is 1795 lbs after a run.

thank you for your honesty. The truth is when we hear about these 615/632s running 20s, even low 30s they are all sub 1800 lbs. and running at sea level tracks and most aren't running these numbers throughout the season, rather it's a hero weekend or pass at a sea level track, a DA of a few hundred feet and in some cases negative DA and tail wind too OR they are really 655, 665 or 672s running these numbers.

Ed,

My car has weighed in at 1820 to 1830 at all of our NHRA D1 events and has gone high 20's at 1750' DA when I let it eat so certainly not Christmas Air. Normally it runs low 30's to high thirties throughout the year at all tracks including Numidia. I don't chase the jetting for weather either, one carb setup throughout the year. No lightweight lithium battery, but I run small 22 lbs battery up front that works very good for starting and front end ballast.

BTW this is the same car that weighed 1980 lbs with a steel block 12 degree 632 BBC in it back in 2014. My chassis is not a feather light Comp car. The weight of most chassis are pretty close so it's what you bolt on to them along with the driver's weight that gives you the end results. My only changes since then to the car (besides the motor) was the CF body and scoop which was about 25 lbs of weight savings and went from a 40 to 22 lbs battery which would put me pretty dam close to your weight now!

Posts: 2157 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Al, you've got a pretty quick/fast car that was .06 quicker and 2 mph faster when you ran Kyle back in October in the 1st time shot of the day at Numidia but I still say your car is lighter on my scales. Let me know when you're willing to have me scale it. Wink

Oh and my 25+" cage Undercover chassis is heavier than most everything out there.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Al, you've got a pretty quick/fast car that was .06 quicker and 2 mph faster when you ran Kyle back in October in the 1st time shot of the day at Numidia but I still say your car is lighter on my scales. Let me know when you're willing to have me scale it. Wink

Oh and my 25+" cage Undercover chassis is heavier than most everything out there.

Ed

You're killin me Smalls! Big Grin

Your scales, NHRA's scales, it's just like Joe's dyno or Harry's dyno. There is no need to get on your scales, weigh your car at any of the 2023 divisional races. You are more than welcome to stand next to the scales at any of those races when I have to go over for TD. I am not hiding anything and as I said this is not about my car is faster than yours or anyone else's!

When I raced Kyle in the first RD at the last Numidia's October Bucks race - apples to apples. My fist TT was a bit soft. We had a great first rd race that could of went either way at the big end!

Dials 4.50 4.37 Difference
RT .009 .009 0
60' 1.037 1.004 .033
330 2.888 2.820 .068
660 4.504 4.370 .134
MPH 149.51 155.60 6.090

Facts, both on the brakes, I killed .005, Kyle probably killed .050+'. So that's approximately a 4.44 to a 4.36 with my wing that slows my car .045 and 3 MPH in the quarter with 4.10 gears running 1/8 mile only crossing the finish line at 7325 rpm's (600 below 1/4 mile). My weather station had 2100' of DA for that race.

Those are the simple facts.

The what if's are, how much ET and MPH would I gain with no wing, like yours and 4.29 rear gears? I'd say it's anywhere between .030 to .050 and at least 1 MPH more for both changes in the 1/8.

One question for you and your Hoosiers, Kyle's first TT 60' was 1.028, mine was 1.004, first rd his was 1.037 and mine was 1.004. Please explain... Cool

Posts: 2157 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
the NHRA scales are always heavy at least to my scales and the heaviest is your home track NED so you are definitely lighter on my scales. so again, let me know when I can scale your car so we know the real difference between yours and Kyle's. Wink

That said, he dropped his air pressure gauge and the needle moved off of zero so not 100% sure what the pressure was

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TOP38:
my wing that slows my car .045 and 3 MPH in the quarter

Those are the simple facts.

sorry Al, I do not believe that is a fact.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Ed,

My car weighs within 10 lbs at NED, Numidia, MG, Atco, Virginia, LV, Cecil, E-town - God rest its soul. Note that on occasion I have seen wacky weights at NED booth heavy and light but never just before or after a Nat or Div race. Probably a common thing at many tracks too but usually they are checked before a big race and calibrated if required.

That's a good sample. Just as I said, Joe's dyno, Harry's dyno... it's is what it is. See you at the scales! Will you be checking me car for hidden ballast, I will make sure the frame rails are sealed. Wink

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Al, you are at least 60 pounds lighter...FACT! When I show you that you can buy me dinner at Taste of Italy. Laughing very hard

Oh and the scales at NED at the Divisional back in 2019 and 2020 showed Kyle was over 2000 lbs. with our old cast iron block combo. Shake head

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Frizie
posted Hide Post
quote:

my diamond is 2000lbs with driver . Eek

Michael Frizie
ET 2471

Posts: 571 | Location: Winston, GA | Registered: April 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Al, you are at least 60 pounds lighter...FACT! When I show you that you can buy me dinner at Taste of Italy. Laughing very hard

Oh and the scales at NED at the Divisional back in 2019 and 2020 showed Kyle was over 2000 lbs. with our old cast iron block combo. Shake head

Ed

I only know what my car weighs, not yours. And you still owe me diner from last year!

BTW when is the May 150's opening to sign up?

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Comical, making a mountain out of a molehill; FACT! Laughing very hard

NHRA has seen the light & are making a 2023 rules supplement, as we keyboard. That only ED's scales can be used at their events. Roll Eyes

2BKING Cool

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2552 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:

NHRA has seen the light & are making a 2023 rules supplement, as we keyboard. That only ED's scales can be used at their events. Roll Eyes

2BKING Cool

B,

It is comical but its winter also so it passes the time!

Speaking of comical,,, are you competing with Retread for the fastest 3200 lbs triple Crome plated bumpered car on the planet? I do see your 150 lbs light but on who's scales? HMMMM

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TOP38:
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:

2BKING Cool

B,

It is comical but its winter also so it passes the time!

Speaking of comical,,, are you competing with Retread for the fastest 3200 lbs triple Crome plated bumpered car on the planet? I do see your 150 lbs light but on who's scales? HMMMM

Top,

We have very little winter/off season time. I rely on DRR members & myself for cheap entertainment!

Mike is the puppet master; he pulls the strings & certain member's dance! Wink

I need to update my weight of my car, but I'm only travelling as far as MI this year. The official scales would have to come to me. Wink

2BKING is making popcorn!

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2552 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
I wonder if Nhra goes go the trouble to have certified scales?

Posts: 1240 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
I wonder if Nhra goes go the trouble to have certified scales?

if they were we would would weigh the same everywhere, we dont.if we weighed useing a differrence they would show close to a true weight

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1415 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
like my early days weighing cotton,loaded trailer, then empty trailer

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1415 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Before the NHRA certifies the track’s scales, they need to set the rollout themselves at every track.

That said, this isn’t about scales, it’s about the misinformation and in some cases lies about what these cars weigh running 30s with this combo no mind 20s going down track and the conditions under which they run these times.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
I think all of you guys are fat & slow... my "little" conventional head 584" has been 7.14 in real good air and typically runs 7.20's with my 200lb a$$ in the seat. Albrecht Power & Ron's injection to the front (actually I just felt like bragging and figured maybe I could get Ed to scale my car while him & Al are "swordfighting" at Numidia).

Billy Duhs - BD104X@gmail.com

Posts: 630 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
IIRC, Kyle was the 2nd quickest/fastest 20 degree headed dragster at the summer fling back in September with Cameron Manual faster by a few numbers with his 672. Now I don’t know what his car weighs but it’s a safe bet Kyle was heavier.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BD104X:
I think all of you guys are fat & slow... my "little" conventional head 584" has been 7.14 in real good air and typically runs 7.20's with my 200lb a$$ in the seat. Albrecht Power & Ron's injection to the front (actually I just felt like bragging and figured maybe I could get Ed to scale my car while him & Al are "swordfighting" at Numidia).

Laughing Hard