DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    615 SR20 - 4.11 or 4.29
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

615 SR20 - 4.11 or 4.29
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusty:
i ran 4.44 nascar pullouts for a while worked really well for 1/8 and super comp

How long would these last Rusty?

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WHOMPWHOMP:
quote:
Originally posted by TORQIN:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by DragRaceSolutions.com:
LOL - I got 4.56's !
Well you’ll be taking TIMING out of it….if you plan on 4.20’s

I think Scott has a 1.58 low gear set in trans? Could get away without pulling timing?

Even the 4.11 gear requires pulling timing at times going:

Btw the engine that ran this in Cory's dragster 2 months ago is currently for sale...(cheap plug)
For sure

1.64 TSI rated 2,000 hp. 1.64 x 4.56 is a good combination for 1/8 mile Super Pro 4.30's.

Low gear is about like a 1.80 x 4.10

7.47 SLR = 1.64 x 4.56

7.38 SLR = 1.80 x 4.10

7.72 SLR = 1.80 x 4.29

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I purchased the 4.40 (44/10) Nascar take off from Roush. It’s 28 spline, micropolish, cryogenic and worked well at 700 hp. 4.44 are 40/9.

Posts: 2457 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
We have found the 4.30 gear is too much when things cool off in the fall. Really didn't see a bunch of performance either, maybe 1 to 2 quicker in 60' over the 4.10's. This is 632, big bubbas going high 20's to mid-thirties.

Posts: 2149 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
No problem when things cool off here on Hoosiers C1550 and no one is going 20s with this combo at Numidia nor with a car that weighs near 1900 lbs.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by rusty:
i ran 4.44 nascar pullouts for a while worked really well for 1/8 and super comp

How long would these last Rusty?

cris it would be like running street gears,because they are.they are cheap and could be changed .

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1410 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
although i cant remember numbers i picked more than top 38 saw.

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1410 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
No problem when things cool off here on Hoosiers C1559 and no one is going 20s with this combo at Numidia nor with a car that weighs near 1900 lbs.

Ed

When I raced Kyle at the last race, Numidia's October Bucks, I went 1.004 and Kyle went 1.037 in the 60's, certainly a difference. I had the launch turned down also due to the cold weather conditions over night. My friend's car was going high .980's with the 4.29's, same engine combo I have. I don't care who's tires anyone runs, .980's to 1.00's 60's for bracket racing in the cold weather months is too fast. I lost at ten cars, my dumb ass gave it back! My 60's ranged from 1.004 to 1.007, I can work with that! Big Grin

Posts: 2149 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Al, your car is what, 60 lbs. lighter than Kyle's and you are setup for TD, getting after 60 foot, we are set up for brackets and super comp, not trying to rotate the earth at the hit. He's gone a best of 1.01 and that's plenty quick and doesn't require us turn down the hit on any track we've raced in any weather.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Al, your car is what, 60 lbs. lighter than Kyle's and you are setup for TD, getting after 60 foot, we are set up for brackets and super comp, not trying to rotate the earth at the hit. He's gone a best of 1.01 and that's plenty quick and doesn't require us turn down the hit on any track we've raced in any weather.

Ed

This isn't about my car is faster than yours. My car is setup for bracket racing which is why it has big bubba's and 4.10 with a real wing. It produces about 325 pounds of down force at 196 MPH and it's about .045 slower in the quarter with it on. Weight is certainly a factor and I believe my car is 40 lbs lighter than yours based on our talks. My converter is not aggressive by any means, whether I race TD or brackets, my setup is the same other than launch rpm. I don't take any timing out at the hit either. Based on performance with and without my NOS bottle, which is 30 pounds with the mounting bracket, my 60 slows up .010 with the bottle on vs no bottle.

As for this tread and 4.29 vs 4.10, a bunch depends on the converter, the race track and the end user for a given amount of power. A decent 615 SR20 combo makes an honest 1180 to 1205 HP. I have never run 4.29's even though my converter guy would like me to try it. My car/combo is very good as is and fast enough, no need to mess with it. For me, it's more about the consistency vs ET but I don't want a slug either.

Your car runs very well and has a great driver. There is no doubt that you put the time into tuning it and the results show. It takes more than money to get a good consistent running combo.

BTW the Firechicken is looking good. Cool

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Thank you x2

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hint the slow part…

Posts: 1258 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Hint the slow part…
Ed I know you should know how much your car weighs I just don’t see how

Posts: 1258 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Frizie
posted Hide Post
130lbs lighter than my fat azz!!!! Big Grin

Michael Frizie
ET 2471

Posts: 571 | Location: Winston, GA | Registered: April 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
quote:

She's a lil heavy Ed, nothing unrealistic tho. My American with all aluminium engine, lithium battery and flyweight Cory Gulitti 138 lbs is 1795 lbs after a run.

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
May goal is this year with new cars is 1600 wet, no driver or gear. That should put me at 1775 That aught to be worth a few. We will see.

SL...

Posts: 2104 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DragRaceResults:
May goal is this year with new cars is 1600 wet, no driver or gear. That should put me at 1775 That aught to be worth a few. We will see.

SL...
Get rid of them antique stainless lines…should be good lol

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TORQIN:
quote:

She's a lil heavy Ed, nothing unrealistic tho. My American with all aluminium engine, lithium battery and flyweight Cory Gulitti 138 lbs is 1795 lbs after a run.

thank you for your honesty. The truth is when we hear about these 615/632s running 20s, even low 30s they are all sub 1800 lbs. and running at sea level tracks and most aren't running these numbers throughout the season, rather it's a hero weekend or pass at a sea level track, a DA of a few hundred feet and in some cases negative DA and tail wind too OR they are really 655, 665 or 672s running these numbers. Also these cars are built to run quick/fast, to impress, many times the owner/driver is an engine builder and that also means for some every go fast trick in the book is being used, least of which is ceramic bearings.

That said, I know that my car's performance with a 20 degree headed engine is stout especially weighing close to 1900 lbs. and we are amongst the quickest and fastest cars on the property where ever we compete.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
At least a 4.29. I'd be willing to try even more.

Posts: 622 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post