DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    66 Chevy II Build
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

66 Chevy II Build
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
Nice

Mike

Posts: 1566 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of TheBlueTruck
posted Hide Post
Looks awesome. keep it coming.

Regan Wilson Super Street 469C

Posts: 297 | Location: Tyler Texas | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Way cool!!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post

Posts: 795 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Racer, your skills are top shelf.

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1835 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Woodfin:
Racer, your skills are top shelf.

The skills are not mine. I can not take credit for building the car. Myself and my dad are just the watchful eye and contractors/planners making the phone calls to sub contractors lol

Posts: 795 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
So you’re a “checkbook racer” like 99% of all serious bracket and class racers. clapping

That said, I’m no longer a fan of old “muscle” cars but a ‘66/‘67 when done right looks bad ass.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
So you’re a “checkbook racer” like 99% of all serious bracket and class racers. clapping

That said, I’m no longer a fan of old “muscle” cars but a ‘66/‘67 when done right looks bad ass.

Afraid so, as I am sure you aware aware it does not make us ignorant on the products we use or the choices made along the way. However, no one wants to see me tig weld, I promise that. Some minor stuff will be done by us along the way. A few bars have been cut, etc, something to make us feel a little better about ourself. Highly skilled at drinking beer in the shop and pointing at random stuff

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Looking great from here. Love 66/67 Chevy II's. Spent all spring trying to find one to buy but the prices are NUTS!Best of luck with it.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 990 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
Looking great , y'all will be well satisfied ! Be neat to see it lined up with my '67 next year

Posts: 1240 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Nice build! I am a fan of old "muscle" cars, and new muscle cars and most everything in between. Hot rodding is the single greatest thing ever invented!! Good luck, can't wait to see the finished product.

BG

Posts: 759 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Kline, is my son and we are building this together as he said. I cannot say enough about the Tim McAmiss chassis and quality of the plans along with the quality of the parts we have ordered from Tim McAmiss. We have chosen Dennis Deal of DRD Race Cars to assemble the chassis. Dennis has a very good attention to detail. I appreciate the kind words everyone has posted in this thread. I look forward to the day it goes down the track.

2010 Silver Dollar Raceway Track Champ
2005,2006,2009 Super Pro points runner up

Posts: 315 | Location: Warner Robins, Georgia | Registered: August 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
That’s going to be a real nice car when you’re done. With Dennis doing the build it will look as good as it will work. Look forward to seeing the final results.

Posts: 496 | Location: Going to or returning from the chipmine. | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Nitzsche
posted Hide Post
Looks good. I was a bit concerned about the 4 link brackets being very short and the top tube interfering with the driveshaft if your using tall tires. Looks nice though.

Posts: 1364 | Location: Lansing,Mi | Registered: March 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
4-F263247-03-A5-4716-A713-D835-AEB6462-B

The seat in this picture is just a place holder. We are running a momo seat

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
So this is a McAmis kit?
Mostly pre-bent and notched?

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1671 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Goob:
So this is a McAmis kit?
Mostly pre-bent and notched?

Yes, this is a Mcamis kit. Still requires some fitting

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Buck2248
posted Hide Post
Well DD if you can make my RJ chassis kit look that good Ill be happy. I will let you know asap what direction I am going. should a bad little vega when done.

Mike Buchwald

Posts: 538 | Location: Caledonia, Mississippi | Registered: January 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
The McAmis kit is prebent but not notched. It has to be notched and fitted according to plan

2010 Silver Dollar Raceway Track Champ
2005,2006,2009 Super Pro points runner up

Posts: 315 | Location: Warner Robins, Georgia | Registered: August 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post