DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Lee Norton @ Racer tee's
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lee Norton @ Racer tee's
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Quick question.
Why not buy local?

Vinyl shops are everywhere anymore. Seems illogical to buy something custom off of the internet when it can be sourced locally. I'd rather buy local, see the design, dimensions, color,... before paying outright.

Just asking

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M120:
Quick question.
Why not buy local?

Vinyl shops are everywhere anymore. Seems illogical to buy something custom off of the internet when it can be sourced locally. I'd rather buy local, see the design, dimensions, color,... before paying outright.

Just asking

I wouldn't mind buying local IF I had someone near me who did a great job and I can get there before they close without taking a 1/2 day off of work. I've tried the local sign/vinyl shop route before and in my experience, most of the local guys are happy to make whatever you tell them to do BUT you have to tell them exactly what you want... they are used to making window lettering that says "SALE-50% OFF" and they look at you like a deer in the headlights when you tell them you want something with a cool font & multiple colors for a race car. I'm not very artistic or creative and they aren't much better. I can call Christina at Design Joint and say "Please make me something cool - I like a crazy font, just make sure my stupid, hard to pronounce last name is clear" and she delivers something super nice that looks great. Funny story - when she did the lettering for my car (which I bought already painted & has a bunch of colors), she said "I incorporated the blue, yellow & green" and I said "green? there's no green on my car"... then I looked at the pic I sent her and realized that there is in fact green on my car! It's such a shame to see a really nice race car and then the lettering looks like they got it from the rack of letters in the mailbox aisle at Home Depot. I would upload a pic of her work if it wasn't so ridiculously difficult on this site.

Billy Duhs - BD104X@gmail.com

Posts: 628 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post