New
Find
Notify
Tools

555 in a nova
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post

Posted a copy of the playback tach along with this ,but it is not showing up.First time trying an upload..BTW..this is a footbrake car..Have never used the transbrake with this combination...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1800gb,

Posts: 262 | Location: Fayetteville | Registered: May 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post

Posts: 262 | Location: Fayetteville | Registered: May 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1800gb:
https://imgur.com/rFse2fX

Here you go Novacaine. Best helping hand of the thread, took the time to post playback tach.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:

Posted a copy of the playback tach along with this ,but it is not showing up.First time trying an upload..BTW..this is a footbrake car..Have never used the transbrake with this combination...

Strong, if that's a 10 x 30 Goodyear w/ 4.88 gear, that would mean the converter is slipping 5-6%. Who's converter is it? Is it a 8" Opel core converter? It's a good one just curious.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Novacaine
posted Hide Post
Awesome thanks, Im gona send my converter back to open it up 300 rpms.

Posts: 214 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
30x9 Hoosiers radial for the last 10+yrs or so..Sometimes I can't remember which converter is in which car....I have ATI...TCI...Trans specialties....I have had them all freshened over the years by BTE.....To freshen my memory,I'm probably going to have to look and see which one is in this car..

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
30x9 Hoosiers radial for the last 10+yrs or so..Sometimes I can't remember which converter is in which car....I have ATI...TCI...Trans specialties....I have had them all freshened over the years by BTE.....To freshen my memory,I'm probably going to have to look and see which one is in this car..

Alright, so because of this ticket on FB, I discovered I was entering a incorrect digit into the equation to figure converter slip.

So I gotta apologize to Novacaine for my error in info, I came up with 15% on this dragster time slip, and it's what told me something was wrong with my math.

This is 20% on a friends dragster.

Novacaine is slipping 11% now

1800gb is 12% now.

DRR Pro
Picture of HS professor
posted Hide Post
I'm lost lol
who's ticket is that ??

Posts: 1422 | Location: Monroe twp nj | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post