New
Find
Notify
Tools

25.1 foot bar
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
I was hoping somebody could help me out with a screenshot of the drivers side foot bar requirements on the latest 25.1. I have a piece of 1 5/8 .083, just want to make sure I land it in the right place.

Posts: 931 | Location: my own little world | Registered: July 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
You may want to check SFI website because there is an update that talks about 6a bar location

Posts: 388 | Location: Natick MA | Registered: November 15, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I went and looked but without the spec I can’t tell for sure if I have to land 6a on the vertical door bar (really hard install) or if the horizontal bar coming off the door bar would be Ok.

Posts: 931 | Location: my own little world | Registered: July 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post

Above is a picture showing three configurations of the # 6 bars.
Here is the written info on placement of the 6A bar..
"If the driver side forward cross member/foot brace (#6A) and the Driver Side Rocker Bar (#7A) do not meet the lower portion of the driver side windshield/roof bar (#12A) at the same point, the maximum distance (edge to edge) between the junctions of the (#6A) & (#7A) from where one or the other joins the lower portion of the driver side windshield/roof bar (#12A) is 4 7/8” (3 times the tube diameter)."

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3309 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I guess maybe I’m really adding 6d. My brake foot is in front of 6a which is landed on 12a. 12a, 6a, and 7a all come together at one point.

If I can land my new foot bar (6d?) on 6a right next to 12a, no problem. If I have to land 6d(?) on 12a I have to take half the interior apart and remount part of the body.

Mine is pretty close to the top right setup except there is no 39 gusset. 6c and 6a are landed coincident to each other in the framerail.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
BJ,
This talks to bar 6D.
"In the driver bay portion, the driver's foot, on any fully depressed pedal, must be behind the forward-most part of both the driver side windshield/roof bar (#12A) and the driver side forward cross member/foot brace (#6A). The driver's feet may be ahead of the forward most part of the Driver Side Windshield/Roof Bar (#12A) or the driver side forward cross member/foot brace (#6A) if, and only if, some deformable (energy absorbing) OEM or Steel structure, that will attenuate impact energy is located forward and outboard of the driver's feet when the outside pedal is fully depressed. Items such as OEM firewall, floorboard, rocker box or door hinge pillar (OEM or tubular) are acceptable. An additional 1 5/8" x .083" chrome moly or Docol cross member, the Driver Side Secondary Foot Brace (#6D), installed within 4" of the intersection of the Driver Side Windshield/Roof Bar (#12A) and the Driver Side Forward Cross Member/Foot Brace (#6A) running diagonally forward to the Inner Frame Rail (#2A) will also satisfy this requirement. "

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3309 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Covey:
BJ,
This talks to bar 6D.
"In the driver bay portion, the driver's foot, on any fully depressed pedal, must be behind the forward-most part of both the driver side windshield/roof bar (#12A) and the driver side forward cross member/foot brace (#6A). The driver's feet may be ahead of the forward most part of the Driver Side Windshield/Roof Bar (#12A) or the driver side forward cross member/foot brace (#6A) if, and only if, some deformable (energy absorbing) OEM or Steel structure, that will attenuate impact energy is located forward and outboard of the driver's feet when the outside pedal is fully depressed. Items such as OEM firewall, floorboard, rocker box or door hinge pillar (OEM or tubular) are acceptable. An additional 1 5/8" x .083" chrome moly or Docol cross member, the Driver Side Secondary Foot Brace (#6D), installed within 4" of the intersection of the Driver Side Windshield/Roof Bar (#12A) and the Driver Side Forward Cross Member/Foot Brace (#6A) running diagonally forward to the Inner Frame Rail (#2A) will also satisfy this requirement. "

Perfect! Thanks so much. I was really dreading it if 6d had to be on 12a. Looks like I’m good to go from 2a to 6a as long as I’m right next to 12a.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
Smile