DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    POWERGLIDE COOLER CIRCUIT
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

POWERGLIDE COOLER CIRCUIT
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
^^Dead on with a zero^^

Been waiting for someone to pick up on that

Posts: 2427 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
If that was a "flare" it would pop up then down on the gear change.

Posts: 2963 | Location: Boon Docks, FL | Registered: March 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
You should of seen it before I started making changes to the servo and hi clutch apply circuits. It is a much improved flare but it still a flare.
Its a timing thing between band release and hi clutch apply. The problem is amplified because the car is accelerating so fast.

Posts: 2427 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
You should of seen it before I started making changes to the servo and hi clutch apply circuits. It is a much improved flare but it still a flare.

Sorry, lost my mind for a minute,LOL, wasn't looking at the RPM line.

Posts: 2963 | Location: Boon Docks, FL | Registered: March 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
Its a timing thing between band release and hi clutch apply. The problem is amplified because the car is accelerating so fast.

Did you remove any of the springs out of the high gear clutch pack? If the band was releasing too quick, then you could remove some springs out of the pack to set high quicker.

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 708 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post