Find
Notify
Tools

CSI Water Pumps
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of chasracer
posted
Anyone know of anyone that can rebuild one? Mine has been great but suddenly turned into a box of rocks yesterday - figure the bearing is shot. I assume if I can get it disassembled that the bearing could be pressed out/replaced?

Posts: 1135 | Location: The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?” ~~ Captain Jack Sparrow ~~ | Registered: August 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
green1

https://drr.infopop.cc/eve/foru...912/m/6447037286/p/1

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2699 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mad Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:

Green1 very recently posted on this board he WAS still repairing the electric water pumps. I suggest a PM to him to avoid a cluster F**k of someone piling on for a bash-fest...

Dan

DOES YOUR IDEOLOGY ALLOW YOU TO EQUITABLY APPLY STANDARDS OF ACCOUNTABILITY OR DOES IT PROMOTE THE PRACTICE OF HYPOCRISY?

Posts: 226 | Location: ... --- ... | Registered: November 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Yes please don't start the bully on his pulpit. Good luck.

BG

Posts: 760 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted August 15, 2019 04:05 PM by green1:
spend the coin and buy a Meziere, rebuildable( if it does fail) but the most reliable out there in my opinion. Stay away from CSR

Nuff said and all you need to know!!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by green1:
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
quote:
spend the coin and buy a Meziere, rebuildable( if it does fail) but the most reliable out there in my opinion. Stay away from CSR

Nuff said and all you need to know!!

For a done nothing nobody you sure quote me a lot.

only when the topic is this junk water pump Razz

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mad Dog
posted Hide Post
I don't know (actually don't much care either) how long the Meziere "cheerleader" has been using the brand he chose to use but I can testify to the "facts and truth" that the CSI(before name changed to CSR) pump Green1 remanufactured for me has been working flawlessly since 2008 (that's "1st hand experience") when I was fortunate enough to make Green1's acquaintance and he was kind enough to offer the repair. This experience is not an isolated occurrence either. Several racers I'm familiar with have had the same level of service life with his repaired pumps.

BONUS:
Hey! Guess what? They're Remanufactured right here in the USA by an American and he's a drag racer that has the skills to repair his stuff, and others. He's not just a wallet/credit card type racer, he has skills that "some people" feel inferior to...

THANKS CLINT!

Dan

DOES YOUR IDEOLOGY ALLOW YOU TO EQUITABLY APPLY STANDARDS OF ACCOUNTABILITY OR DOES IT PROMOTE THE PRACTICE OF HYPOCRISY?

Posts: 226 | Location: ... --- ... | Registered: November 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
the Meziere "cheerleader"...

quote:

DRR Pro
Picture of chasracer
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by chasracer:
Anyone know of anyone that can rebuild one? Mine has been great but suddenly turned into a box of rocks yesterday - figure the bearing is shot. I assume if I can get it disassembled that the bearing could be pressed out/replaced?

Bearing isn’t easy to get off, I use a die grinder usually to cut it off but you have to measure how far it’s on first so you can put new bearing on same depth. You will also need a seal because seal leaking is the reason bearing went bad.

PM sent - thanks!

Posts: 1135 | Location: The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?” ~~ Captain Jack Sparrow ~~ | Registered: August 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
I'm not trying to offend anyone but back when I had a CSR water pump and they were no longer available for even repair parts, I switched to a Mezeire and haven't looked back .

I just don't understand why you would run a water pump that apparently one guy in the freaking nation will work on.

Posts: 637 | Location: Rochester, WA | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
What I don't understand is why you are rebuilding water pumps.
If the wp takes a **** on my pu truck, I buy a new one.

I have a deadenbear and a csi/csr and so far so good with both.

The deadenbear is at least 21 years old, the csi I got on the car used so I can't say how old.

If either took a ****, I'd buy another deadenbear and hope that they have the same quality.

Cool

Posts: 622 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of chasracer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M120:
What I don't understand is why you are rebuilding water pumps.
If the wp takes a **** on my pu truck, I buy a new one.

I have a deadenbear and a csi/csr and so far so good with both.

The deadenbear is at least 21 years old, the csi I got on the car used so I can't say how old.

If either took a ****, I'd buy another deadenbear and hope that they have the same quality.

It might well come down to getting another one. But if it's just a bearing that's gone then I think it's justified. You don't toss the whole axle when you lose a wheel bearing do you?

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TonyB6255:
I'm not trying to offend anyone but back when I had a CSR water pump and they were no longer available for even repair parts, I switched to a Mezeire and haven't looked back .

I just don't understand why you would run a water pump that apparently one guy in the freaking nation will work on.

and even that one guy says...

quote:

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
water pumps were always a disposal part whether on your daily driver or race car! Besides, what do the broke dycks do when this junk pump fails at the track, between rounds, call greenie for a trackside repair. Laughing Hard

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Of course I don’t, I along with my competitors and 99.9% of those driving cars in this country REPLACE our water pumps when they fail, they are a consumable part and the way it’s been done for over 50 years! NahNahTounge

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mad Dog
posted Hide Post
As for between round repairs of the electric water pump motor (any brand I suspect) it's simple Ed, you should have someone show you how quick and easy it is. Have faith in yourself, I'm sure you have the fancy American made tools needed to perform the task. While you'd be on the phone with your credit card in hand, willing to throw away that Meziere, the rest of us would be in the lanes for the next round with our remanufactured pump motors cooling our race cars. Unlike you, I guess, we carry spare motors (that have been remanufactured by Green1) that have been riding around in the trailer for years. Motors I've acquired from other "credit card" racers that CHOSE to spend more money than needed to belong to your elite club of Meziere users. Instead many of us CHOSE to do a simple repair to resolve our issue. It's simple, some are doers, others choose not to do...

It's a CHOICE, make the repair or spend BIG money. It's a fabulous thing we have in this great country, freedom of choice...

I would not make it my life's work to force others to make the same choice I make in an effort to validate my choices. If you feel your choice is appropriate for you, so be it. Your time here on Earth would be much better spent NOT berating those that make choices different from yours...

Dan

DRR Pro
Picture of HS professor
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't know (actually don't much care either) how long the Meziere "cheerleader" has been using the brand he chose to use but I can testify to the "facts and truth" that the CSI(before name changed to CSR) pump Green1 remanufactured for me has been working flawlessly since 2008 (that's "1st hand experience") when I was fortunate enough to make Green1's acquaintance and he was kind enough to offer the repair. This experience is not an isolated occurrence either. Several racers I'm familiar with have had the same level of service life with his repaired pumps.

BONUS:
Hey! Guess what? They're Remanufactured right here in the USA by an American and he's a drag racer that has the skills to repair his stuff, and others. He's not just a wallet/credit card type racer, he has skills that "some people" feel inferior to...

THANKS CLINT!

Not this topic again Razz

I agree !!!! I had recently sent Green 1 "Clint" three waterpumps. Two CSI's not CSR's and a Meziere. All of which were taken out of service while working fine but sat on the shelf for years. He did his thing and now I have three pumps I feel comfortable using again. I may also add, he did the repairs and had them shipped back without receiving any payment from me !!! Who does that !! Add to that he's a super nice guy who offers a service that I don't know anyone else who does....... That's a win win. Thanks Clint !!!

Highly recommend his services !!!!

And for the record I'm no broke **** idiot who buys junk, I simply don't believe in discarding something that has served me well for years. My 15yr old MSD distributor is still going strong, my less than one yr old BRAND NEW MSD unit has already failed. I'm beginning to have little faith in new parts these days ...........

Posts: 1422 | Location: Monroe twp nj | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
What do you do when your motor hangs a couple rods out the side of the block, call your mail order engine builder for a box of Kleenex’s.

All you have to do is look back to the first race of last season when his firebird kicked the rods out yet again. The car sat parked for 3 months while he called a “nationally known engine builder” and waited for a new engine. No ability to fix the engine in a timely manner, nor a spare. Some top level racer Big Grin

Thanks for fixing my water pump a few years ago.

Posts: 736 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
I need to send in my old CSI water pump for a rebuild. Nice to have a spare on hand....

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1513 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
edited for correctness, facts and thruth...

quote:
Originally posted by 183N:

back at the first divisional race of last season, the brand new engine in Ed's firebird had a rod failure after 52 passes and having been raced for 6 weeks prior without issue. A Callies Ultra I beam rod split vertically through the rod bolt boss and the rod bolt dropped into the pan without a mark on it. Ed pulled the engine the following week and sent it off to his engine builder who's engines are run by the who's who of bracket and class racing including Luke Bogacki, Shawn Langdon and Scott Lemen. The Firebird sat parked for 7 weeks while Ed's engine builder repaired the engine and Callies made it right and while Ed and his son traveled the country competing at NHRA Divisional and National events in Super Comp. The Firebird returned to competition in September last year competing in Super Street at the last 2 NHRA division 1 races and closed out the season in November at the Largest Door Car Race in History, competing at the "American DoorSlammers National" at Piedmont Dragway where not only did it get in the $ 2 of the 3 days but was also awarded the Best Engineered Car of over 539 entries on the property.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1r2EEF-hLI0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T17hHOSyN8w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKkWWMUSuVE

That said, csr water pumps are still junk and the only guy in the country that will touch them says...

quote:

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,