Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Headers
 Login/Join
 
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted
Ok, my heavy dynatech headers are cracking at the flange despite the reinforcement they have. I’m looking into the new lightweight stainless headers out there. They are expensive but rough weight loss of about 20lbs over what I have and many claim a performance gain due to design. So what’s everybody’s choice or go to for them?


Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer
 
Posts: 3613 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of diceman1530
posted Hide Post
I have had a couple sets of FAB SHOP
Awesome headers
would buy again


Working for the Weekend!!!!
Fordyce Motorsports
 
Posts: 1155 | Location: Williamstown, NJ | Registered: November 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of undacuva67
posted Hide Post
Hippie Fabrication / Haynes Rawlings is the best around. https://www.hippieheaders.com/contact.html
 
Posts: 3348 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
REF in Kingman, AZ for me!
 
Posts: 3011 | Location: Yarnell, AZ | Registered: August 15, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Zoomies, they are light weight and fast!!
 
Posts: 6615 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Jodie Jent
posted Hide Post
Hippie Fabrication / Jaymes Rawlings. Nice, lightweight, great finish headers. We have purchased 3 sets and had them for about 3-4 years so far with no issues. On my downswepts Jaymes actually shortened the primaries and I ran them with the normal collector for 1 season, then sent him the collectors that winter to add turnups.

Highly recommended.
 
Posts: 872 | Location: Owingsville, Ky. | Registered: June 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
Zoomies, they are light weight and fast!!


While a zoomie guy all the way, I hear with carbs those other things help out.

Funny as clicking on post I was just thinking I have not had collector headers o0n race car since 1989 and yes i am old and feeling it,




America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.
 
Posts: 12300 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post



DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wideopen231:
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
Zoomies, they are light weight and fast!!


While a zoomie guy all the way, I hear with carbs those other things help out.

Funny as clicking on post I was just thinking I have not had collector headers o0n race car since 1989 and yes i am old and feeling it,



Years… ago we were running B/ED , very fast car in the day. We tested zoomies. It slowed right at a tenth. Killed the bottom end. Jeff can confirm. Of course compressed cars are way different.


California Screaming!
Raceless in California!
 
Posts: 6931 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata  
 


© DragRaceResults.com 2026