Notify
Tools

Battery charger
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
To Ed's point, sure there are lots of people who don't care. But there are a lot who do care, but see that there individual effort to bust China's balls is fruitless.

Translated most Americans do not care and that’s exactly the attitude that got us to this point. Me, I will always buy American made products if I have a choice and when it comes to parts for our race cars, we do have a choice yet many if not most here buy based on price along and don’t care that’s it’s made in China as with Clark above that is bragging about his garbage Chinese battery charger. Again, the communist government of China thanks him. Meanwhile both of my chargers, nearly $900 worth are made in Connecticut and the American citizens that make them stay employed because of people like me that care and don’t make excuses.

I’ve got a new rule for 2021 and beyond when racers/competitors come to me, including friends wanting to borrow a tool, battery charger, etc, because their Chinese junk broke, I’ll tell them no you can’t, next time buy American!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
To Ed's point, sure there are lots of people who don't care. But there are a lot who do care, but see that there individual effort to bust China's balls is fruitless.

Translated most Americans do not care and that’s exactly the attitude that got us to this point. Me, I will always buy American made products if I have a choice and when it comes to parts for our race cars, we do have a choice yet many if not most here buy based on price along and don’t care that’s it’s made in China as with Clark above that is bragging about his garbage Chinese battery charger. Again, the communist government of China thanks him. Meanwhile both of my chargers, nearly $900 worth are made in Connecticut and the American citizens that make them stay employed because of people like me that care and don’t make excuses.

I’ve got a new rule for 2021 and beyond when racers/competitors come to me, including friends wanting to borrow a tool, battery charger, etc, because their Chinese junk broke, I’ll tell them no you can’t, next time buy American!

Tell me. What do you know about that battery charger other than country of origin? Is that what you base your "junk" definition upon?

Then I guess your tv, computer and phone perhaps......all junk? Just wondering.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6412 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Yes, FUC CHINA!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
You Da Man
Agreed on that

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6412 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of nomad
posted Hide Post
I got to use my Interacter charger for the second time last week. First time was in the garage. It's a lot easier to use when things get in a hurry after a couple of rounds. Plug it in, turn it on, and attend to other tasks.

The week before that I used my Schumacher Farm and Ranch Automatic at a track rental. This thing does a lot but, it's fiddly and has to be turned on, reset for charge mode, battery type, and then the charge button pressed. The main rocker switch has off, up for charge, and down for a 200 boost. In the hurry to turn around the race car I noticed it can be set for the 200 amp boost accidently. It's now my garage charger, where I can be in less of a hurry. Oh yeah, it's made in Communist China.

nomad
Bruce Guertin

Easily distracted by bright shiny objects.

Wife says I'm a new adventure every day.

Call Automotive Performance Engines for all your complete engine building, dyno service needs 863-967-8781

Posts: 2544 | Location: Auburndale, Florida | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
I have a Schumacher and I hardly ever use it.
It's unreliable and inaccurate.
Has LED readouts and lies...

I use my ancient Sears 2/10/50 and it's on my car 24/7 all year. It has to be at least 30 years old.....and still works...

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I am a firm believer in have maintainers on unused batteries 24/7. Preferably 0.75amp or 1.25amp unit. I still don't see the need for these really expensive chargers for a car with an alternator. 5amp charger/maintainer never had an issue last 3 years. Back in the day we used the old sears unit as well but car didn't have an alternator..... No alternator different story. I usually come back from a pass and it is back to charged in less than 15 minutes. Why would I ever want to hit it with 20, 30 amps on a charger if I am running an alternator. Are guys running alternators way under the total load so they are playing catchup on the charge? I'm not bashing I am sharing and asking questions respectfully.

BG

Posts: 759 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post